THE BROWNS BOARD

- Flacco Explained Nearly Falling Asleep on Sideline With ◆ Perfect One-Liner / on SI

mjp28

Early in the second half, Flacco was spotted appearing to nearly doze off on the sideline, prompting a plethora of reactions.     * REVISED  Dec. 29, 2029  Writer:  KARL RASMUSSEN  * Or better yet,  correctly put.... ( just see Si today.)

*Joe  Flacco Explained Nearly Falling Asleep on Browns’ Sideline With Perfect  One-Liner ! 

Wow good, news comedian Joe Flacco  ....  and a nice comeback.

.....   Quarterback Joe Flacco helped the franchise book its second trip to the playoffs in the last 21 years on Thursday with a 37–20 win over the New York Jets.

Early in the second half, Flacco was spotted appearing to nearly doze off on the sideline, prompting a plethora of reactions from NFL fans.

During Amazon Prime Video postgame interview after the victory, Flacco was asked about the incident, and he seemed to have already been aware that the footage had been circulating online.

When broached on his sideline snooze, Flacco comically fought back on the notion that he’d fallen asleep, but couldn’t help but laugh after seeing the video in which his eyes were closed while he sat on the bench.

The 38-year-old then dropped a funny one-liner to explain his sleepy expression.

“I guess our offense was boring me a little bit. We weren’t doing a good enough job,” he joked.

• mjp28 changed the title to ◆ Flacco Explained Nearly Falling Asleep on Sideline With ◆ Perfect One-Liner / on SI

~         More continued from Joe Flacco  on SI.

NFL Network’s Mike Garafolo also caught up with Flacco and asked the quarterback if he was nodding off.

“I don’t know about that,” Flacco said with a smile. “I can’t believe that. I’m sure my eyes—who knows. Was it in the second half? We weren’t doing much. Credit to our defense for continuing to battle.”

The Browns scored 34 of their 37 points in the first half behind Flacco’s 296 passing yards and three touchdowns. It certainly wasn’t a lackluster first half from the former Super Bowl champ, who appeared to take a quick moment to rest his eyes while Cleveland’s defense was holding onto the lead. 

The realness of Flacco is absolutely refreshing and rare. He gives legit answers to so many questions, so of course the press adores him. The dude walks into the stadium wearing sweatpants and Jordans (I think, not a shoe guy), probably has $100 million in investments, and seems like one of us. Just a dude with 4-5 kids, a wife, and a gigantic right arm. 

The crazy thing about watching him play is how many difficult throws he connects on, and how many of THOSE are in stride. Remember how we were one of the worst teams in YAC last year and this year until Flacco? What do you think changed? I mean, Njoku is sprinting away from people, Ford getting some, Cooper bananas, and even a little bit for Moore. Our YAC has gone up significantly with Flacco and I'm convinced it's because of the accuracy. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

The realness of Flacco is absolutely refreshing and rare. He gives legit answers to so many questions, so of course the press adores him. The dude walks into the stadium wearing sweatpants and Jordans (I think, not a shoe guy), probably has $100 million in investments, and seems like one of us. Just a dude with 4-5 kids, a wife, and a gigantic right arm. 

The crazy thing about watching him play is how many difficult throws he connects on, and how many of THOSE are in stride. Remember how we were one of the worst teams in YAC last year and this year until Flacco? What do you think changed? I mean, Njoku is sprinting away from people, Ford getting some, Cooper bananas, and even a little bit for Moore. Our YAC has gone up significantly with Flacco and I'm convinced it's because of the accuracy. 

He throws with anticipation where the guys are supposed to be on the field before seeing them, better than any QB on the roster. His timing is impeccable and it’s probably because of his kubiak experience.

CLEVELAND (WJW) — Let’s say you wake up the morning after you just led the Browns to a big win over the New York Jets to clinch Cleveland a playoff spot…where would you go?

Well, if you’re Browns quarterback Joe Flacco, how about what many of us do…grab a cup of coffee.

Only hours after sparking celebration in NE Ohio and beyond for Browns fans, Flacco nonchalantly showed up Friday morning at the Dunkin’ Donuts on Ridge Road in Brooklyn, only minutes from Cleveland, casually walked up to the counter and ordered a coffee also known as “cup of Joe,” in coffee vernacular.

**Here’s why coffee has been nicknamed a “cup of Joe’ since the 1800s, according to Driftaway Coffee**

“I was in awe,” said Dunkin’ manager Courtney Blair. “He (Flacco) was so nice, he took pictures with customers, workers, and he’s such a down-to-earth good guy,” Blair told Fox 8 News

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, bbedward said:

He throws with anticipation where the guys are supposed to be on the field before seeing them, better than any QB on the roster. His timing is impeccable and it’s probably because of his kubiak experience.

Well said BB.  This is a perfect blend of his pre-snap reads, vision at the speed of the game and muscle-memory accuracy.  KUDOS to the FO for getting Flacco when the rest of the league looked down their nose at him.  Best of all?   The guy LOVES playing in Cleveland, which means he loves the Dawg Pound!!!!

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, bbedward said:

Kubiac was Elway's backup at Denver and it was like having a coach sitting next to him at all times. Former A&M QB.

• Upvote 1

• mjp28 unpinned this topic
19 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Kubiac was Elway's backup at Denver and it was like having a coach sitting next to him at all times. Former A&M QB.

Who's kidding who here?  This has nothing to do with being Elway's caddy. Texas A&M's 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th, 16th, 17th, 18th, 19th and 20th man has spoken like a proud Aggie on a John Deere tractor.  Fan isn't just a prefix of Fantastic; but it's surprisingly fun to watch you slip these reminders of where many-an-Aggie played college ball at every chance you get.  I spit my chicken noodle soup out when you broke that out with former Honorable Mention All American and 2 time Pro Bowl Right Tackle Cody Risien.  

Back to Kubiak, I didn't go to Texas A&M so I can give you the correct spelling.  Anyway, Kubiak also helped Stefanski in Minnesota when they hired him in 2019 as the Assistant Head Coach & Offensive Advisor.  The OC and chief beneficiary of Kubiak's advisement at the time in Minnesota was Stefanski.  1 year later, Stefanski was the Head Coach in Cleveland sporting an 11-5 regular season record with an NFL Coach of the Year honor.  Kubiak was also well equipped with the ZBS that Mike Shanahan's OL Coach Alex Gibbs implemented for his HC with the Raiders and 1 year later with his Broncos.  I don't know if Gibbs ever gets enough credit for that scheme launching like a rocket; but EVERY single RB Denver used to play seemed very freakin efficient/productive in it. I'm not saying Gibbs invented it per say - I'm just saying he was the best teacher of that scheme in his era.  The best known RB in that system was former 6th round RB Terrell Davis.  Former undrafted and fan fave Offensive Tackle in Cleveland Tony (T-Bone) Jones started on that line in Super Bowl 32 and 33.   It was weird feeling good for a Denver Bronco that won a Super Bowl. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Flugel said:

Who's kidding who here?  This has nothing to do with being Elway's caddy. Texas A&M's 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th, 16th, 17th, 18th, 19th and 20th man has spoken like a proud Aggie on a John Deere tractor.  Fan isn't just a prefix of Fantastic; but it's surprisingly fun to watch you slip these reminders of where many-an-Aggie played college ball at every chance you get.  I spit my chicken noodle soup out when you broke that out with former All American and 2 time Pro Bowl Right Tackle Cody Risien.  

Back to Kubiak, I didn't go to Texas A&M so I can give you the correct spelling.  Anyway, Kubiak also helped Stefanski in Minnesota when they hired him in 2019 as the Assistant Head Coach & Offensive Advisor.  The OC and chief beneficiary of Kubiak's advisement at the time in Minnesota was Stefanski.  1 year later, Stefanski was the Head Coach in Cleveland sporting an 11-5 regular season record with an NFL Coach of the Year honor.  Kubiak was also well equipped with the ZBS that Mike Shanahan's OL Coach Alex Gibbs implemented for his HC with the Raiders and 1 year later with his Broncos.  I don't know if Gibbs ever gets enough credit for that scheme launching like a rocket; but EVERY single RB Denver used to play seemed very freakin efficient/productive in it. I'm not saying Gibbs invented it per say - I'm just saying he was the best teacher of that scheme in his era.  The best known RB in that system was former 6th round RB Terrell Davis.  Former undrafted and fan fave Offensive Tackle in Cleveland Tony (T-Bone) Jones started on that line in Super Bowl 32 and 33.   It was weird feeling good for a Denver Bronco that won a Super Bowl. 

I've have enjoyed the original read on this  SI  article.    Even more fun on everything since then.     :lol:

I do enjoy  TBB  too,  lots of interesting. "stuff"  everyday.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Yes indeed Nicks!   Now that he plays for the right team - he's pretty damn easy to root for too!

Hell yeah!

53 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Flacco's play reminds me a lot of Sipe during his 1980 MVP season.

Spreading the ball around, passing downfield, racking up touchdown passes and.... throwing some of the most head-scratching interceptions you'll ever see. 

Well said!  Also great at buying extra time in and out of the pocket while being keenly aware of where he's STILL going to complete the pass.  It's uncanny; and I don't even know what that means.

2 hours ago, Flugel said:

Well said!  Also great at buying extra time in and out of the pocket while being keenly aware of where he's STILL going to complete the pass.  It's uncanny; and I don't even know what that means.

It means that the Jets canned him and late in the season the Browns uncanned him. Therefore it's uncanny.😉

• Haha 2

On 12/31/2023 at 1:57 PM, Dutch Oven said:

Flacco's play reminds me a lot of Sipe during his 1980 MVP season.

Spreading the ball around, passing downfield, racking up touchdown passes and.... throwing some of the most head-scratching interceptions you'll ever see. 

What is it they say? Live by the sword, die by the sword? He's gotta clean those up. 

• Upvote 1

• mjp28 changed the title to - Flacco Explained Nearly Falling Asleep on Sideline With ◆ Perfect One-Liner / on SI