THE BROWNS BOARD

Playoff Clinching Thoughts

AP1

There are two Head Coaches in Cleveland Browns history with multiple 11+ win seasons: the great Paul Brown and Kevin Stefanski.

Joe Flacco is the first player in NFL History to pass for 250+ yards and, at least, 2 TDs in his first five starts with a team.

Joe Flacco is making David Njoku the TE we expected on Draft Day.

Bitonio, Pocic and Teller will determine how far this team goes.

I've only experienced seminal Cleveland sports moments through the TV, but what I experienced last night with the fan base is not something I've experienced since the Indian's 1995 World Series run.

Kevin Stefanski is THE COACH OF THE YEAR.

Myles Garrett doesn't need sacks to be the most effective Edge Rusher. He won't be the DPOY, but he deserves the award. 

Joe Flacco is THE COMEBACK PLAYER OF THE YEAR.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

If this coach misses awards? We'll need better names than Jim Schwartz on the ballot as DC & Asst. Coach

https://www.msn.com/en-in/sports/nfl/browns-dc-repeats-postgame-celebration-from-time-as-lions-hc/ar-AA1md38

• Thanks 1

On 12/29/2023 at 4:31 PM, AP1 said:

Browns Football was really exciting in 2023..

Still go back to one play that the Browns offense found it's "IT" at Ravens..

Push that Ford !

Joe Flacco mania had to come next

Enjoy this ride Browns fans !

Happy New Years & Go Browns !

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

There are two Head Coaches in Cleveland Browns history with multiple 11+ win seasons: the great Paul Brown and Kevin Stefanski.

Joe Flacco is the first player in NFL History to pass for 250+ yards and, at least, 2 TDs in his first five starts with a team.

I've only experienced seminal Cleveland sports moments through the TV, but what I experienced last night with the fan base is not something I've experienced since the Indian's 1995 World Series run.

Myles Garrett doesn't need sacks to be the most effective Edge Rusher. He won't be the DPOY, but he deserves the award. 

Well done - Thanks!   Love that you acknowledged Myles Garrett.  He and Hopkins were the Team MVPs before this team got all Flacco'd up.  It's a shame what this league has done to Myles Garrett; and this team with their refusal to throw flags for countless blatant holds some guys in here have shared the pictures and videos of in some of the 5-6 games in a row they refused to honor the integrity of the game. It was enough to give a guy running away with the most sacks only 1 sack in our last 6 games.  Garrett got fined for complaining about it during the 5 weeks or so that prevented him from sacking the QB.  He got 1 on an untimed 2 point conversion attempt that doesn't count on his stats for the season; but this is another example of it's only the Cleveland Browns who are now 11-5 in spite of NFL Integrity by Rodger Goodell.  

The closest anyone came was Marty Schottenheimer with 12 wins in 86, 10 wins in 87, 10 wins in 88 but he had a lot of critics like Stefanski has (just waiting to give us their hatred and told you so if the Browns lose).  They also took 1st place in 85 when Kosar was a rookie that replaced Danielson midway through the year with an 8-8 record.  In the playoffs, they went down to Miami with their 2 different 1000 yard rushers (10th round draft pick Earnest "Saves Christmas" Byner and offensive Rookie of the Year Kevin Mack); and they ran ran the ball down Miami's esophagus to a 21-3 lead near the end of the 3rd quarter only to lose 24-21.  Byner ran for 161 yards.  Unfortunately, the Browns line that dominated the game that long started getting flagged for holding and Miami came back to win.  The would also be the last game a very young and promising 2nd year Safety out of UCLA (Don Rodgers) would ever play again.

Doesn't it look easier calling offensive plays when you don't need a miracle to complete a pass or ignite and perpetuate a well balanced attack?  Defensively, Schwartz made it a point to say in his very 1st presser that he wouldn't be here if it wasn't for Kevin Stefanski.  This SHOULD be Stefanski's 2nd NFL Coach of the Year Honor.  That's pretty freakin impressive considering he's in a division that could very well have 3 teams in the playoffs after next weekend.  Can't wait to see what this team looks like when there's only a reasonable volume of injuries...  That said, I'm glad many of the post game show analysts already crowned Baltimore yesterday.  The way I see it - this team can play loose like they have nothing to lose with the will to play like there's no tomorrow (against the team they already beat once in Baltimore).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Can't wait to see what this team looks like when there's only a reasonable volume of injuries... 

The start of next season has every potential to be epic indeed, irrespective whether it is Watson (likely) or Joe (wouldn't mind at all, maybe even prefer) under center!

• Like 1

Posted 1 hour ago  1 hour ago, Flugel said:   Can't wait to see what this team looks like when there's only a reasonable volume of injuries... 

Korsou Dawg  said:  The start of next season has every potential to be epic indeed, irrespective whether it is Watson (likely) or Joe (wouldn't mind at all, maybe even prefer) under center!

....... the problem is, by this time of the season, we're ALWAYS going to have tons of injuries.  Every team is.  Little bitty shoulder pads.  Pants rolled up over their knees (no pads)...etc.  It's going to come down to, How good and deep is your depth?!  And pray to God that it's not your QB that's injured.  (we lucked out with Flacco being good)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Korsou Dawg said:

The start of next season has every potential to be epic indeed, irrespective whether it is Watson (likely) or Joe (wouldn't mind at all, maybe even prefer) under center!

Agreed! However, I'm thinking if we get our Kicker (Hopkins), our best WR (Cooper), our other experienced WR (Moore), Punter/holder (Bojorquez),  LB (A.Walker), S (Delpit) - our injury volume becomes much more reasonable.   I was told PFF gave Hickman and Taki Taki very high grades of last week as reliable fill in starters (not that I fully believe PFF is THE best way to evaluate personnel in various schemes - but it's some sort of grading system I spose).

9 minutes ago, Orion said:
Posted 1 hour ago  1 hour ago, Flugel said:   Can't wait to see what this team looks like when there's only a reasonable volume of injuries... 

Korsou Dawg  said:  The start of next season has every potential to be epic indeed, irrespective whether it is Watson (likely) or Joe (wouldn't mind at all, maybe even prefer) under center!

....... the problem is, by this time of the season, we're ALWAYS going to have tons of injuries.  Every team is.  Little bitty shoulder pads.  Pants rolled up over their knees (no pads)...etc.  It's going to come down to, How good and deep is your depth?!  And pray to God that it's not your QB that's injured.  (we lucked out with Flacco being good)

Good points I also agree with. I was typing a clarification reply of reasonable (to the extent of we should/could see all of the names I mentioned back in the starting line-up by our 1st playoff game) to KD and multi-tasking while you were replying. It posted shortly after your reply.  Let's just say, it's easier to exhale if many/all of them return.  We've seen our depth is solid when Hickman gives us a pick 6 and Taki Taki has experience like his clutch win clinching INT in the last playoff game we won at Pittsburgh.  The problem is - there's no replacing the chemistry between Cooper and Flacco which includes the type of route adjustments an experienced pro WR has vrs a rookie learning that type of thing.  

6 hours ago, Flugel said:

The problem is - there's no replacing the chemistry between Cooper and Flacco which includes the type of route adjustments an experienced pro WR has vrs a rookie learning that type of thing.  

As well as the pro QB who is able to read that adjustment just as well.

Good post !   And good thoughts.