THE BROWNS BOARD

WR Production

Orion

22 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Bell acquitted himself nicely today.  

Did he?  Because he fielded a punt (pass) in the end zone?  He was double covered both times.  Pretty much had to wait for each pass.  And none of those defenders got even near the ball.  The Bengals DB coach must have been rolling his eyes.  But...yes, he caught a couple of passes that wound up being TD's.  

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

Without even looking up that name I know he has to play for A&M. 

Best offensive weapon in multiple roles for A&M. He would fit right in for the Browns to return punts, ko, and be in the mode of the many fleas used for years by NE who is a terror in space with the hands to make it happen. Plus I think he will be right there in round 3. Maybe round 4 if we get lucky.

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'm not sure Tex has ever suggested the Browns to draft a non-Aggie in all the years he's been here 😏

Au contraire. Does the name Derrick Henry ring a bell? We took the forgettable Ogbah and the disappeared Coleman instead of being smart when we needed a good RB. I also begged the Browns to take Nick Chubb when he was there for the taking. They didn't make that mistake again thank goodness.

• Upvote 1

Drafttek says he is 2nd best slot (#108noverall) in the draft and Walter says:

12. Texas A&M image Ainias Smith*, WR, Texas A&M
Height: 5-10. Weight: 200.
Projected 40 Time: 4.54.
Projected Round (2024): 2-3.

12/30/23: Smith is a dangerous playmaker with the ball in his hands. He is a quick, shifty route-runner who is consistent about separating from coverage. In 2023, Smith totaled 53 catches for 795 yards and two touchdowns. He played well in 2021 (47-509-6) and 2020 (43-564-6). In the NFL, Smith could be a dangerous slot receiver.