THE BROWNS BOARD

Bills

Bob806

Well, they got what they wanted, KC at their place, and still lost.

Diggs, drops a bomb. Josh Allen misses a wide open WR in the end zone. FG wide right. 

Before all of that, KC drops a pick 6, fails to jump on a fumble. Yikes.

I think their fan base may be just as tortured as ours. See below, they shut down their fan forum, wow. 

Screenshot 2024-01-21 21.58.41.png

• Sad 1

The Bills are choke artists..... Josh Allen is no Alpha... He'll never win a sausage...

My take was, the Bills might have won if they had Travis Kelce.  The missed FG - was terrible.

Bills just not good enough to get to the Superbowl.

The Chiefs' Isiah Pacheco - did you know he was a 7th round draft pick????

He should have hit the guy that was open for the shorter pass on 3rd down.

How many times have we seen Mahommes come back under 2 minutes to win the game? Especially if all KC needs is a field goal.

Keep taking the short stuff and burn the clock before scoring.

I don't think a field goal ties it there anyways.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Bob806 said:

Well, they got what they wanted, KC at their place, and still lost.

Diggs, drops a bomb. Josh Allen misses a wide open WR in the end zone. FG wide right. 

Before all of that, KC drops a pick 6, fails to jump on a fumble. Yikes.

I think their fan base may be just as tortured as ours. See below, they shut down their fan forum, wow. 

Screenshot 2024-01-21 21.58.41.png

I was not impressed with Diggs at all yesterday.  When I lived in Rochester, NY (where the Bills have their training camp) - people never understood why I hated Denver.  Seeing KC constantly ending Buffalo's playoffs probably gives them a better understanding of how you can learn to hate a team.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Flugel said:

I was not impressed with Diggs at all yesterday.  When I lived in Rochester, NY (where the Bills have their training camp) - people never understood why I hated Denver.  Seeing KC constantly ending Buffalo's playoffs probably gives them a better understanding of how you can learn to hate a team.

Yep. Mahomes is Buffalo's Elway. The difference to me is Mahomes is way more consistent and can beat teams in many ways. 

I realize the KC fatigue around the NFL but I think Mahomes is the best QB in my lifetime. 

Esiason said after the game the Chiefs only ran 43 plays, 4 were kneel-downs. Yet they scored 27 points. Unreal (plus Hardeman fumbles at the goal line). 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

Yep. Mahomes is Buffalo's Elway. The difference to me is Mahomes is way more consistent and can beat teams in many ways. 

I realize the KC fatigue around the NFL but I think Mahomes is the best QB in my lifetime. 

Esiason said after the game the Chiefs only ran 43 plays, 4 were kneel-downs. Yet they scored 27 points. Unreal (plus Hardeman fumbles at the goal line). 

Buffalo's top 3 corners were out; and 3rd string LB Klein was unemployed a week or 2 before they played Pittsburgh.  

Playoffs this year, more than ever, seem to be about who is healthier IMO.   

All those years we played Denver in the Championship Games - we never had to worry about how many important guys were missing.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Flugel said:

Buffalo's top 3 corners were out; and 3rd string LB Klein was unemployed a week or 2 before they played Pittsburgh.  

All those years we played Denver in the Championship Games - we never had to worry about how many important guys were missing.  

Agree. The Buffalo D was a shadow of it's former self. With it they would have won relatively easy IMO.

There was a drive at or near the end where it looked like Allen had a couple wide open check downs for easy first downs but then chucked it deep twice and they punted.

Combined with the missed FG, they just got out-executed.

KC is also getting hot, at the best time. Hopefully they dunk on Baltimore and then the NFC wins the SB.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Flugel said:

Agree. 

They'll never turn back the clock, way too much money involved. 17 games is too many. 14 games was darn near perfect, but if memory serves correctly, 1978 they went to 16 games.

There's a certain degree of luck on healthy players. Look at the Ratbirds....the prior 2 seasons, they were pretty banged up. This year, not so much. 

I swear man, the Bills are such a case study on the dilemma of "is it better to get there and lose, or not get there at all". It seems obvious most would pick the first option, the Bills fan have absolutely gone through it. 4 straight super bowl losses, this current run- oof.

7 hours ago, bbedward said:

There was a drive at or near the end where it looked like Allen had a couple wide open check downs for easy first downs but then chucked it deep twice and they punted.

Combined with the missed FG, they just got out-executed.

KC is also getting hot, at the best time. Hopefully they dunk on Baltimore and then the NFC wins the SB.

Yep, it was tough to watch- not to mention taking those check down takes more time off the clock. 

23 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Agree. The Buffalo D was a shadow of it's former self. With it they would have won relatively easy IMO.

Thank you!  Who wants to face Mahomes without their best 3 corners and backup LBers?

I will say this, Buffalo's starting Safety/former Cleveland Brown - Jordan Poyer made a clutch play stripping the ball loose near the goal line for a touchback.

It really sucks watching teams show up to the playoffs without many of their starters and/or seeing others like Myles playing at about 50-60% of their functionality.  Having said that, who has had more injuries than the Ratbirds had in 2021 and 2022?  They're finally healthy and I hope the Chiefs bury them.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Flugel said:

I hope the Chiefs bury them.

The way the Rats are playing that ain't gonna happen. Next SB champs it appears to me. Otherwise they join Buffalo in the Choke King Contest.😱😁

24 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

The way the Rats are playing that ain't gonna happen. Next SB champs it appears to me. Otherwise they join Buffalo in the Choke King Contest.😱😁

The last thing I want to see is Clowney with a ring and Blow Me J with another one... I hope the Football Gods piss on them...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1