Jim Harbaugh leaving Michigan to become coach of Chargers

37 minutes ago, syd said:

i bet day did his happy dance 

OSU reloaded and the rats all jump ship up north 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Browns149 said:

I'm glad Harbaugh did check out tfor the NFL  

And from syd ▪︎-->      Posted 2 hours ago · IP        i bet day did his happy dance. /   Yeah some of that too.  :) 

Harbaugh was good for Michigan too.

36 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

I'm glad Harbaugh did check out tfor the NFL  

And from syd ▪︎-->      Posted 2 hours ago · IP        i bet day did his happy dance. /   Yeah some of that too.  :) 

Harbaugh was good for Michigan too.

He was getting his ass handed to him every year by Ohio State, absolutely ducked them in 2020, then cheated their way back to relevance, now he's getting out of Dodge before the NCAA drops the bomb on them.

But sure, we'll call that "good for Michigan". 

ncaa shawshank harbaugh.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

~     Well  Jim Harbaugh did  NOT  have to leave the  Michigan Wolverines  but this was his chance to win a Super Bowl trophy .....

Nearly 11 years ago, Jim Harbaugh’s San Francisco 49ers were in the Super Bowl, first-and-goal from the 7 with 2:39 remaining. They trailed the Baltimore Ravens by five.

That meant four shots at the end zone, four shots to likely win it all, four shots for Harbaugh to ascend to the top of the coaching world. It was all there for the taking.

None of those plays found pay dirt. The vaunted Ravens defense stuffed the Niners and moments later, it was Baltimore (and Jim’s brother John) that was hoisting the Lombardi Trophy.

“No greater coach in the NFL than Jim Harbaugh,” John would say afterward, and it sounded like he meant it even if he wasn‘t talking about his younger brother.

That’s how close Jim Harbaugh got to winning the Super Bowl as a coach. The desire to eventually get one never left him, even after he returned to the college ranks for the past nine years and led his alma mater, Michigan, to a national championship ....    ▪︎-->  CONTINUED at  yahoo Sports  1/24/24  lead Jim Harbaugh   ▪︎-->

49b6efa0-b579-11ee-97ff-fe2358d58278.webp

12 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

There wasn't a chance in hell he was staying in Ann Arbor.

He knows what is coming down the pike for them. 

The Ann Arbor Asterisks are about to get their staff raided.

About that National Championship Trophy - we would like to thank Elvis Pressley for the foresight:

12 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

He pulled the ol' Pete Carroll, that's for sure.

Can't blame him though- coaching in college has to be fucking hard now. It makes my head whizz just trying to follow the news let alone be boots on the ground.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, nickers said:

I''ll guarantee he hires Vic Fangio as his DC who Miami just let go...

I've heard that a lot in the last day or so; but I'm gonna predict he hires his DC from Michigan Jesse Minter.    Getting Mike Macdonald and then Minter in succession from the Rats to Coordinate Michigan's Defense - was the game changer he knows he should stick with.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

He was getting his ass handed to him every year by Ohio State, absolutely ducked them in 2020, then cheated their way back to relevance, now he's getting out of Dodge before the NCAA drops the bomb on them.

Totally agree.  

21 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

On 1/24/2024 at 7:30 PM, Dutch Oven said:

On 1/24/2024 at 8:15 PM, Browns149 said:

On 1/25/2024 at 9:16 AM, Jax said:

Did I miss something? How was Michigan not suspended after they were caught cheating? Oh...money

Hahaha you OSU fans are just too much. Still clinging to whatever delusional nonsense you can. 

Hopefully Day's attempt at a Texas A&M strategy works for you, huh?

In the meantime I'll just have to enjoy being National champions, I guess.

• Haha 2

This is going to be a great litmus test for Jim as he is inheriting a really good NFL roster, especially at the one position that matters the most, QB. If he is even 1/2 the coach he thinks he is, then he should be batting KC for the division next year and anything less will be a gigantic disappointment.

^ With that being said. all he needs to do is ask himself "what would Brandon Staley do here" and do the exact opposite and that will be worth 4 wins right from the get go.  

12 minutes ago, D Bone said:

This is going to be a great litmus test for Jim as he is inheriting a really good NFL roster, especially at the one position that matters the most, QB. If he is even 1/2 the coach he thinks he is, then he should be batting KC for the division next year and anything less will be a gigantic disappointment.

^ With that being said. all he needs to do is ask himself "what would Brandon Staley do here" and do the exact opposite and that will be worth 4 wins right from the get go.  

If he isn't as good as the potential super bowl winners in year one, then he's a gigantic disappointment

Good thing there's no pressure... Haha

5 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

If he isn't as good as the potential super bowl winners in year one, then he's a gigantic disappointment

Good thing there's no pressure... Haha

Harbaughs thrive under pressure, just ask them. He's about to have the best QB under center that he has ever had at any level and it's going to be interesting to see his offensive design philosophy. His raw, raw will be effective immediately for a team that has suffered under Staley but it will only remain effective if he wins.

Me personally? I think he does really well and does so from week 1. 

6 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Good to see you have no idea what you're talking about

Vic Fangio was his DC in SF you beta boi... Now fuck off child!

25 minutes ago, nickers said:

Vic Fangio was his DC in SF you beta boi... Now fuck off child!

Can someone please explain to me how a guy who mooches off his mother and lives in her basement has the audacity to call another man a "beta"? 

Thanks in advance. 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Can someone please explain to me how a guy who mooches off his mother and lives in her basement has the audacity to call another man a "beta"? 

Thanks in advance. 

Easy peasy. 😁 Sorry nickers, I just could not stop myself from this setup.

• Haha 2