THE BROWNS BOARD

Tucker Carlson to Interview Putin

And holy shit is the DC/EU establishment seething. Heaven forbid the general public hear what Putin has to say about US foreign policy. Might bring to light some uncomfortable double standards between the two countries - especially when compared to the conflict in Israel/Gaza. 

Personally, I'm more interested to see the tone of Carlson's interview than Putin's answers. I hope he asks Putin hard questions that, if asked by a Russian journalist, would cause them to mysteriously fall out of a window a few days later. Some of the things I want him to ask are what his thoughts are on his underperforming military or how there are a bunch of Ukrainian saboteurs planting explosives in factories, assassinating Russians, and droning people on Russian soil. 

image.thumb.png.376ec1f611bf1e536551cb75dc2d6d26.png

Carlson is such a "diminished figure" that he now has the world's attention with this interview. I shouldn't be surprised by this kind of reaction, but these people actually think that good journalism means ignoring people you disagree with. The trend of journalists going independent has been a godsend. 

image.thumb.png.90567a65146bcb685411dc92a92f2869.png

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, VaporTrail said:

And holy shit is the DC/EU establishment seething. Heaven forbid the general public hear what Putin has to say about US foreign policy. Might bring to light some uncomfortable double standards between the two countries - especially when compared to the conflict in Israel/Gaza. 

Personally, I'm more interested to see the tone of Carlson's interview than Putin's answers. I hope he asks Putin hard questions that, if asked by a Russian journalist, would cause them to mysteriously fall out of a window a few days later. Some of the things I want him to ask are what his thoughts are on his underperforming military or how there are a bunch of Ukrainian saboteurs planting explosives in factories, assassinating Russians, and droning people on Russian soil. 

image.thumb.png.376ec1f611bf1e536551cb75dc2d6d26.png

Anything that c u n t is against, I'm automatically for.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, VaporTrail said:

Carlson is such a "diminished figure" that he now has the world's attention with this interview. I shouldn't be surprised by this kind of reaction, but these people actually think that good journalism means ignoring people you disagree with. The trend of journalists going independent has been a godsend. 

image.thumb.png.90567a65146bcb685411dc92a92f2869.png

To be fair, his star absolutely finished since leaving Fox

This is a hell of a shark jump though. Maybe not fair to say shark jump, but still a big play. 

And he absolutely knows this will generate outrage and attention and clicks. I'm guessing that's more the motivation than any kind of journalistic duty

According to Putin, Russia has never been in error.. I'm surprised Georgia didn't come up. Crimea really didn't either. All the worlds problems are at at the feet of the West/US 🤪

I commend Carlson for doing this.. Someone needed to.. But Putin never once said "maybe we should have done this rather than that".. Not once in 2 hrs

• Upvote 1

All I took from this is Putin is a great story teller.. But I commend Tucker for doing it.. I didn't expect Putin to be much different than I thought...

14 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

This is a hell of a shark jump though. Maybe not fair to say shark jump, but still a big play. 

And he absolutely knows this will generate outrage and attention and clicks. I'm guessing that's more the motivation than any kind of journalistic duty

I disagree with a lot of this. The "journalists" calling Tucker a "diminished figure" are corporate mouthpieces who will never sniff an interview of this magnitude. The interview with Putin will be more viewed than anything he ever did with Fox News. I don't follow him regularly, but just scrolling through his twitter feed it looks like his show episodes typically get more views than the highest rated shows on Fox. As it turns out, the rest of the media following Fox News' example and aiming for the lowest common denominator isn't really sustainable. 

Tucker's not on the same level as Howard Stern/Jon Stewart/Bill O'Reilly when it comes to talent as an interviewer, but he did a decent job. Asked Putin questions that I would think most Americans would want to be asked. I didn't see anything in the interview that I'd consider a dereliction of journalistic duty (something he did regularly on Fox News). I'd love for him to interview Zelensky in the same manner, but I doubt the US State Department will let him do an interview that isn't meant to propagandize their war effort. The Putin interview already has over 50M views. Zelensky would probably love to have his message out to that many people. 

Putin's answers weren't anything that he hasn't said in front of a camera the last two years. Lots of realpolitik and a bit of Nazism in Ukraine as a bogeyman. I was happy to see that Carlson pushed him on using that argument as a justification for invasion. I was very surprised that Carlson also spent 10 minutes of the interview arguing with Putin for the release of an American political prisoner. I just can't see a corporate journalist arguing with Putin like Carlson did there. Many of those worthless journalists were calling him a traitor for simply doing the interview, and they wonder why people stopped listening to them. 

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, VaporTrail said:

I disagree with a lot of this. The "journalists" calling Tucker a "diminished figure" are corporate mouthpieces who will never sniff an interview of this magnitude. The interview with Putin will be more viewed than anything he ever did with Fox News. I don't follow him regularly, but just scrolling through his twitter feed it looks like his show episodes typically get more views than the highest rated shows on Fox. As it turns out, the rest of the media following Fox News' example and aiming for the lowest common denominator isn't really sustainable. 

Tucker's not on the same level as Howard Stern/Jon Stewart/Bill O'Reilly when it comes to talent as an interviewer, but he did a decent job. Asked Putin questions that I would think most Americans would want to be asked. I didn't see anything in the interview that I'd consider a dereliction of journalistic duty (something he did regularly on Fox News). I'd love for him to interview Zelensky in the same manner, but I doubt the US State Department will let him do an interview that isn't meant to propagandize their war effort. The Putin interview already has over 50M views. Zelensky would probably love to have his message out to that many people. 

Putin's answers weren't anything that he hasn't said in front of a camera the last two years. Lots of realpolitik and a bit of Nazism in Ukraine as a bogeyman. I was happy to see that Carlson pushed him on using that argument as a justification for invasion. I was very surprised that Carlson also spent 10 minutes of the interview arguing with Putin for the release of an American political prisoner. I just can't see a corporate journalist arguing with Putin like Carlson did there. Many of those worthless journalists were calling him a traitor for simply doing the interview, and they wonder why people stopped listening to them. 

Not unlike signing Baker Mayfield nobody, none of these second third and fourth string news networks have got the money to pay Carlson what he's getting already because of his Fox contract. That's just the way it is. I would love to see the rumor happen, though I doubt it will, about a conglomerate new News Network owned by Carlson O'Reilly Megyn Kelly and maybe Beck. I think it would be a massive success if it were doable. Fox has already lost a ton of money, look at the second and third rate companies that are advertising now. Too bad Rupert Murdoch and Roger Ailes are out of the loop and the company is in the hands of the two idiot Sons Uday and Cusay. [Sp]

WSS

23 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

I bet the stuffed shirts at CNN, MSNBC, and their ilk were very happy when Tucker left Fox.

Hell his show alone had more viewers than CNN had in their combined prime time slot.

10 hours ago, VaporTrail said:

And I disagree with a lot of this

- you could easily argue the other journalists, the ones you're calling "mouthpieces", aren't getting an interview with Putin because Putin knows that's not the best avenue for him. He wants entrenched in the far right of American politics, Tucker has that audience and wants views. Putin isn't there cuz Tucker is some award winning spectacular journalist (he's as much of a mouthpiece and anyone you were grouping in before). Putin is there to mainline propaganda to the audience he wants to reach. 

- it is well known at this point that Twitter views don't come close to equating to YouTube views. Just an instance in a feed where it's partially visible is a view. Then throw in the fact there's a lot of smoke around Elon boosting view count on things he wants to succeed (Tucker, that one Mr Beat video, etc). That view count is meaningless as a comparison to traditional media or even YouTube. Tucker was basically the face of Fox News. On in nursing homes across the nation. He's absolutely fallen back to Earth. 

- I've seen some things with Tucker since he left where he seems like much less of hardcore right. But then again we know a lot of that was him playing a character based on Fox News's case with Dominion. I'll need to watch the interview. Hopefully it is less egregious than what it will be if he were still on Fox. 

- I do agree that an independent journalist will have more freedom to do something like this and to push the interview in different directions. The pros and cons of less oversight. 

Not exactly the same vein, but I've been enjoying all of the content Channel 5 has been pushing out 

- you could easily say that those "mouthpieces' wouldn't get an interview because he knows they are biased and twist things. Fact is Putin is with Tucker because he is a great journalist contrary to how your feelings are hurt over it. Putin is there because Tucker wanted him there and did the work to make it happen.

- More hurt feelings over view count as you try to discredit him but numbers don't care about your feelings.

- whatever

- fair

Why so hurt over Tucker interviewing Putin? Jumping the shark were pretty strong words for covering a major event in the world that's forcing us to send billions upon billions in support of.

3 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

And I disagree with a lot of this

- you could easily argue the other journalists, the ones you're calling "mouthpieces", aren't getting an interview with Putin because Putin knows that's not the best avenue for him. He wants entrenched in the far right of American politics, Tucker has that audience and wants views. Putin isn't there cuz Tucker is some award winning spectacular journalist (he's as much of a mouthpiece and anyone you were grouping in before). Putin is there to mainline propaganda to the audience he wants to reach. 

- it is well known at this point that Twitter views don't come close to equating to YouTube views. Just an instance in a feed where it's partially visible is a view. Then throw in the fact there's a lot of smoke around Elon boosting view count on things he wants to succeed (Tucker, that one Mr Beat video, etc). That view count is meaningless as a comparison to traditional media or even YouTube. Tucker was basically the face of Fox News. On in nursing homes across the nation. He's absolutely fallen back to Earth. 

- I've seen some things with Tucker since he left where he seems like much less of hardcore right. But then again we know a lot of that was him playing a character based on Fox News's case with Dominion. I'll need to watch the interview. Hopefully it is less egregious than what it will be if he were still on Fox. 

- I do agree that an independent journalist will have more freedom to do something like this and to push the interview in different directions. The pros and cons of less oversight. 

Not exactly the same vein, but I've been enjoying all of the content Channel 5 has been pushing out 

The audience for this interview will include much more than "the far right of American politics." What would you have liked him to ask instead? I personally would've liked to see him push Putin on Prigozhin and Wagner. 

Way more in this "Interview" than folk realize.

Not going to go into them here, or even at this time.

What people should be taking note of is that our "Presidents" aren't running things, our alphabet Agencies our.

At least outside of Trump, and possibly Kennedy, Nixon, and Reagan - yeah, I said Nixon, there's more coming to light on that as things get exposed (even posted something on it recently).