THE BROWNS BOARD

189 day's till The Browns kick★off the regular season.

syd

well between now and then, there are a plethora of sports to keep you brain deads occupied, Hell right now as we fucking speak the combine is going on. (so drop your cock's and tune in) March madness, Augusta, Stanley Cup, Fuck ya Baseball (i just bought tix's for The Reds V Seattle) Oh and the Olympics( if your so inclined) But the fuck tards who are in charge, Rugby Damnit. they are gonna play 7's not the traditional 15, way to gay it up, but hey they do have Tiddlywinks (seams like a good game for nickers)

• Upvote 1

My calendar is a little different.

I'm in wrestling mode, finishing up the regular season, then Big 10s next weekend, then NCAAs the same weekend as the opening round of the March Madness.

I enjoy March Madness, too.

I prefer baseball in person over TV.

Then we get Draft Weekend.

Then once the month of May to kicks off, it's all Indianapolis 500.

By the time June rolls around, it's OTAs and training camp is only 6 weeks away!

I have really started enjoying rugby,  but don't know enough. 

Loved the Olympics as a kid (1992 and 1996). Now, I find them less captivating - though I will watch some swimming, gymnastics and track, especially the throwers...looking forward to Ryan Crouser and Joe Kovacs dominating shotput.

On 2/29/2024 at 7:38 PM, syd said:

▪︎-->  Hey syd,  are we  (you)  going to do the Cleveland BROWNS  uniform numbers countdown again this year ?

(And we need to drag that Dutch Oven in on this too  .... we need his expertise on this subject also.)       :lol:

• Like 2

It must be draft season... Where the Browns will probably win again...

11 hours ago, mjp28 said:

▪︎-->  Hey syd,  are we  (you)  going to do the Cleveland BROWNS  uniform numbers countdown again this year ?

(And we need to drag that Dutch Oven in on this too  .... we need his expertise on this subject also.)       :lol:

Nope nope nope.

It's all yours. I was never so happy than when that thing finally ended 🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Nope nope nope.

It's all yours. I was never so happy than when that thing finally ended 🤣

▪︎ Good idea Dutch.

That little project (started by syd) was a lot of fun  -but- was really time intensive.  Plus we did run through all of the numbers once already,  we might want to try some other thing for the  2024 season.

Let's give that some thought .... we have the time .... that's why I brought it up on MARCH 2.   And we have time  after the 2024 NFL Draft !

Maybe fun but a bit easier.  ★ And still syd, Dutch, mjp and we will drag Mr Flugs into it,  lol.  :lol:

1.png

Edited by mjp28
  • Like 2

• mjp28 pinned this topic

Get ready .... THE BROWNS BOARD fans .... ride to Detroit time 

The Detroit Lions have a reason to roar !

The 2024 NFL draft will be the 89th annual meeting of National Football League (NFL) franchises to select newly eligible players. The draft is scheduled to be held around Campus Martius Park and Hart Plaza in Detroit, Michigan, on April 25–27, 2024.

▪︎ Browns traded away RD 1 PK-23 to HOU.  Have  RD 2  PK 54

▪︎ RD 3 Pk 85  RD 4 to HOU   RD 5 Pk #01  RD 6 pending so far #23 + #27 +#30  RD7  #10

download.png

1920_akron_pros_posing.jpg

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, syd said:

188 day's till Kick Off, Here is a picture of a bird

image.png.36f1067159479de1abf5ca3176593f5d.png

Oh wow syd,  that looks like a male scarlet tanager !   It's my wall calendar bird of the month for March 2024 .... my wife named him syd,  no kidding.   :)

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Oh wow syd,  that looks like a male scarlet tanager !   It's my bird of the month for March 2024 .... my wife named him syd,  no kidding.   :)

LOL Thats funny. Seriously tho I have no idea what kind of bird it is. I just liked the color's and thought it was just a random thing to post. i have the B Ball game on and C,Clark passed Pistol Pete as the all time leader in points scored, did Pete have the 3 point line ?

Another source for the 2024 BROWNS Draft picks in Detroit shows :

Cleveland Browns Draft Picks by Round in 2024

• Round 2, Pick 54
  • Round 3, Pick 85
  • Round 5, Pick 134 (from CAR)
  • Round 5, Pick 154 (from ARI)
  • Round 6, Pick 204 (from HOU)
  • Round 6, Pick 207 (from BAL)
  • Round 7, Pick 227 (from ATL)
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, syd said:

LOL Thats funny. Seriously tho I have no idea what kind of bird it is. I just liked the color's and thought it was just a random thing to post. i have the B Ball game on and C,Clark passed Pistol Pete as the all time leader in points scored, did Pete have the 3 point line ?

Short answer NO.  That was while I was in HS 1965-1968.  And i got the SI Magazine,  i had the one with pistol pete on the cover.... it was in my mothers' basement .... AND WE SOLD THE HOUSE LAST YEAR 2023 !  The magazine was probably GONE !    Michael.

Here's another source of information:    

He and retired Baton Rouge-area sports writer Sam King concluded that Maravich would have averaged about 54 points per game had a 3-point line — adopted by the NCAA in 1986 — existed when he played. Maravich died in 1988 at the age of 40 after collapsing during a pickup basketball game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

0nly 183 day's to go. on this date Micky Dolenz was born

side note: Micky was one of the charting members of The Hollywood Vampire Drinking Club, along with Keith Moon,Ringo Starr and Harry Nilsson and of course Alice Cooper

182 days  =  26 weeks  or exactly  1/2 of a year.  So what could happen in that small period of time,  hmmm.   :(

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

182 days  =  26 weeks  or exactly  1/2 of a year.  So what could happen in that small period of time,  hmmm.   :(

Hear we my be shoping Newsome and in 7 months this guy gets to retire. 

On 3/3/2024 at 2:58 PM, mjp28 said:

He and retired Baton Rouge-area sports writer Sam King concluded that Maravich would have averaged about 54 points per game had a 3-point line — adopted by the NCAA in 1986 — existed when he played. Maravich died in 1988 at the age of 40 after collapsing during a pickup basketball game.

I found something similar reading that went into a little further detail.

Screenshot_20240309_084804_Chrome.jpg

• mjp28 unpinned this topic

179 day's baby, here is a quote from James W.

Yes, I still envision myself as a starter, however the Lord has also called me to lead by impacting and increasing the men who are around me. Having the opportunity to work with Deshaun (Watson) and help him be the best he can possibly be, is my main mission. Now, if Deshaun has to heal up for whatever reason, and I have to take a few games off of him, I’m going to be ready to do that; but I have to fulfill God’s purpose first before my own heart’s desire. Because ultimately I desire to win some Super Bowls, and this roster that Cleveland got, looks like they can do it.”