THE BROWNS BOARD

189 day's till The Browns kick★off the regular season.

syd

7 hours ago, Korsou Dawg said:

Maybe slightly premature, but congrats to you Sir!

SO.   I must have missed have missed this one,  so is going to join us here in the  on the  retired  list ?   Believe me and my wife it's  NICE ! 

• Haha 1

On 3/15/2024 at 12:38 PM, syd said:

176 day's, seems after you get passed the 80's time moves a little faster

My grandmother who lived to 98 once told me that time accelerates once you get past 70. She said the time between 50 and 70 does seem like about 20 years, but the time between 70 and 90 seemed more like about 2.

Anyway, welcome to retirement (soon). I have never once regretted it.

Just now, TexasAg1969 said:

My grandmother who lived to 98 once told me that time accelerates once you get past 70. She said the time between 50 and 70 does seem like about 20 years, but the time between 70 and 90 seemed more like about 2.

Anyway, welcome to retirement (soon). I have never once regretted it.

thanks brother i appreciate it, It is gonna be kinda awesome sleeping in on a monday after A Browns victory on a sunday

Just now, syd said:

thanks brother i appreciate it, It is gonna be kinda awesome sleeping in on a monday after A Browns victory on a sunday

Sleeping in? What's that? When you have two cats who play double team on you some time between 4 and 5 am, then all you can do is appreciate the fact that as nocturnal animals they like afternoon naps as much as you do.  😻😻🤣

• Like 2

Man the off-season is really bad this year for two reasons. Once again we have no first round pick and my girlfriend is no longer talking to me on TV. I just have to settle for youtube. 🥲😍

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, syd said:

Yep  time to hang em up

Congrats!!   As a past work-mate once said to me, the trick is making it to retirement.   Sadly, he didn't.   Nor did many of my closest friends.   -  I retired this past January.  The 8th was my last day.  Since then I've done many projects around the house that I wouldn't have dreamed of because...I didn't have the time.   :)   

Again, congrats!  And let's have a long and happy retirement!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Orion said:

Congrats!!   As a past work-mate once said to me, the trick is making it to retirement.   Sadly, he didn't.   Nor did many of my closest friends.   -  I retired this past January.  The 8th was my last day.  Since then I've done many projects around the house that I wouldn't have dreamed of because...I didn't have the time.   :)   

And congrats to you to Orion. I retired at age 61 and have never regretted it for one day. I had invested in as many IRAs and other things like IRAs in addition to getting a real retirement from the old VA system which is better than the new one by far. Did the same with my wife's retirement. Sacrifices of unneeded high end items during work days allowed us to pay off a house and contribute to IRAs, etc. Why buy a Mercedes when a Mazda or a Subaru gets you there and back for half the cost? Now if I could just convince her that the Mazda Miata has the highest safety and reliability ratings of any car made, retirement could be even more fun. I gave up the Honda VFR 800. Safety belts don't work well on those. But it sure got great gas mileage on my 90 mile roundtrip trek to work and back my last 8 years. I have a whole story on my triple driving violation ride one day that the trooper just gave me a warning ticket for. I think he was surprised when I told him I was definitely guilty of all three with a smile on my face. His closing comment as he gave me the break was, "Do you always drive that thing like that?"  LOL!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

hen a Mazda or a Subaru gets you there and back for half the cost? Now if I could just convince her that the Mazda Miata has the highest safety and reliability ratings of any car made

And an LS swapped Miata gets you there even more so.💪

15 hours ago, Orion said:

my father as did his died before they made it. So  Damnit I was damn sure gonna make it.Thanks all

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Neo said:

And an LS swapped Miata gets you there even more so.💪

Now that there was definitely a pro driver. I was a pro skydiver capable of standing on my head going 200 mph plus to swoop in on linked up group below me and flaring out perfectly slowing to around 120 mph to join in the circle. Now that I could do. Driving a car that way-no way Jose. Unless you count taking my Honda cycle up through the twisties of the mountains of Colorado. That I could do very, very well without skydiving over the side even though I swear that thing was so fast I believe it could fly too.  LOL!