THE BROWNS BOARD

DESHAUN WATSON

Vambo

That piece of shit can go suck it.

Is this what you all want to hear coming out of that fuckers mouth?

Praising Pittspuke?

We don't do that in Cleveland asshole, you shoulda learned that by now.

Pittsburgh feels like they've got pieces, just because of Tomlin. They're gonna compete. Welcome to the North, man, where things get real, real, real, real spooky".

Watson offered glowing praise for the Steelers' decision to acquire Wilson, extending a warm welcome to him in the AFC North. Additionally, Watson cleverly expressed his expectation for the Steelers to be a formidable force, attributing much of this belief to the leadership of Mike Tomlin.

• Haha 2

Outside of the albatross contract the Watson situation is interesting. If they expect him to be ready why sign Winston, Huntley and still have DTR in the wings? That's a crowded room. Browns getting ready to give Watson the Wilson treatment? 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Outside of the albatross contract the Watson situation is interesting. If they expect him to be ready why sign Winston, Huntley and still have DTR in the wings? That's a crowded room. Browns getting ready to give Watson the Wilson treatment? 

What do you mean by the Wilson treatment?

5 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

He's coming off a shoulder injury and will shortly just now start throwing. 

So instead of having three QBs in off-season camps and the beginning of Training Camp, they can have three plus Watson slowly (hopefully) rounding into shape. And as I've said often, shoulder injuries are tricky. The recovery process isn't always linear with shoulder injuries. 

I think they learned their lesson after kind of going half-assed with their QB room at the beginning of last season. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, FY56 said:

What do you mean by the Wilson treatment?

I'm guessing he means admit your fuck up and move on. 

10 hours ago, Vagitron said:

I don't know man.  I doubt the Wilson treatment..at least not this year.

As for the signings...we needed a back-up.  For a number of reasons we weren't going back to Flacco.  After Winston, the Huntley signing could be viewed as a head scratcher.  I think it is a sign we aren't as high on DTR as some thought.  I think we will look to trade the guy at some point before the season starts.  If not, take our chances he falls through to the practice squad.

And yes, with Watson off a shoulder injury, I am sure the team will look to monitor and limit his throwing through the minis and camp.

On 3/19/2024 at 8:04 PM, Dutch Oven said:

So instead of having three QBs in off-season camps and the beginning of Training Camp, they can have three plus Watson slowly (hopefully) rounding into shape. And as I've said often, shoulder injuries are tricky. The recovery process isn't always linear with shoulder injuries. 

I think they learned their lesson after kind of going half-assed with their QB room at the beginning of last season. 

It's funny how when I bring this up other fans like to put their fingers in their ears. But the reality, despite the mediocre play overall, is that this injury is very unique. We're over 6 months from the injury occurring and he's just picking up the football to start throwing. Compare that to a lot of other serious injuries (ACL, hell even achilles tears) and you see guys already significantly ahead of what conditioning for those things look like.

I wouldn't doubt for a second there's behind the scenes serious concerns about re-injury or just long-term issues. Combine that with well below average overall play and missing 39 games he could have played over the the last three seasons? This could get even uglier, fast, and having much more competent back-ups is very prudent.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

It's funny how when I bring this up other fans like to put their fingers in their ears. But the reality, despite the mediocre play overall, is that this injury is very unique. We're over 6 months from the injury occurring and he's just picking up the football to start throwing. Compare that to a lot of other serious injuries (ACL, hell even achilles tears) and you see guys already significantly ahead of what conditioning for those things look like.

I wouldn't doubt for a second there's behind the scenes serious concerns about re-injury or just long-term issues. Combine that with well below average overall play and missing 39 games he could have played over the the last three seasons? This could get even uglier, fast, and having much more competent back-ups is very prudent.

We aren't privy to all the info on the injury, of course, but absolutely they could and should have some concern regarding this injury. Shoulder injuries to throwing athletes are never something to easily dismiss. 

But we are where we are with this. Honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if there's a setback or two and he ends up on the injured list to start the season. I also wouldn't be shocked if he barely plays this season. I'm not saying either is going to happen, but I wouldn't be shocked.

6 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

We aren't privy to all the info on the injury, of course, but absolutely they could and should have some concern regarding this injury. Shoulder injuries to throwing athletes are never something to easily dismiss. 

But we are where we are with this. Honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if there's a setback or two and he ends up on the injured list to start the season. I also wouldn't be shocked if he barely plays this season. I'm not saying either is going to happen, but I wouldn't be shocked.

And the same can be said for Chubb with knee injuries to RBs. That is why I like the Foreman signing. Got to be ready for worst case for either one or both of these players.

7 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

And the same can be said for Chubb with knee injuries to RBs. That is why I like the Foreman signing. Got to be ready for worst case for either one or both of these players.

Especially considering that Chubb will be entering his seventh NFL season. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2024 at 8:04 PM, Dutch Oven said:

Alot of "ifs"

On 3/30/2024 at 11:05 PM, Dutch Oven said:

Tia is on to something about you.

You whine a lot. 

You suck alot of Watson schlong

It seems like the club doesnt have much faith in Watson...either in durability or ability.  Signing both winston and huntley seems smart.  

2 hours ago, Kvoethe said:

You suck alot of Watson schlong

Look who is hiding behind a keyboard and feeling strong again...

Sometimes people aren't as anonymous on-line as they think, though. 

Now Browns are meeting with Milton...a Tennesee qb prospect..a physically gifted guy...per the article...that would give us 5 qbs on the roster...no more DTR experiments lol

11 hours ago, Kvoethe said:

DW is bringing his "Leftys Cheesesteaks" to Cleveland area and possibly other Oho locations.

Fuck him and his tube steak...

• Haha 1

On 3/19/2024 at 7:55 PM, Vagitron said:

I doubt it, for this season at least.  Next year could be different.

I think the QB's are two fold.

1.  They are going to want to manage throws by Winston in camps.  Having the extra QB allows for that.

2. The back-up and 3rd QB are unsettled.  Let the 3 settle that in camp on who's 2 and 3 with the odd man out cut or possibly traded.  I don't think DTR is as entrenched as some people think.

12 hours ago, syd said:

I don't know.  Seems we would have had some indication.  I really didn't pay any attention, but did DTR dress after that?  We wouldn't have had him dress and on the bench if he had a lingering concussion.

16 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Look who is hiding behind a keyboard and feeling strong again...

Sometimes people aren't as anonymous on-line as they think, though. 

Rofl...what are you?  13.  Grow up.

My dad can beat up your dad....lol.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kvoethe said:

Dutch gurls on the rag again.... Get your red wings here!

8 hours ago, Kvoethe said:

I'm sure your dad is as big of a pussy as you are, so I doubt it, Holmes. 

6 hours ago, nickers said:

Dutch gurls on the rag again.... Get your red wings here!

You live in your mother's basement and will die alone.

There's literally nothing I need to add.