THE BROWNS BOARD

Proposed kick-off rule change?

If I'm reading this correctly, it seems like this would force kickoff returns.

You can't pooch kick, or the opposing team automatically gets great field position. You don't want to kick the ball through the end zone, because you'll be giving the opposing team great field position. 

Kind of forces you to kick the ball to the returners, and it forces the returners to return the kicks. 

It seems like it gives people what they claim they want. 

17 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

If I'm reading this correctly, it seems like this would force kickoff returns.

You can't pooch kick, or the opposing team automatically gets great field position. You don't want to kick the ball through the end zone, because you'll be giving the opposing team great field position. 

Kind of forces you to kick the ball to the returners, and it forces the returners to return the kicks. 

It seems like it gives people what they claim they want. 

They should be careful what they wish for.  We have such fond memories of losing our red hot place kicker Dustin Hopkins when nobody stayed in their lanes on our kickoff coverage team...  For a league that pretends to care about player health - their actions speaking louder than words slam dunks otherwise. Just look at the injury volumes in an era aiming to put people in space for more violent collisions.  There's less injuries and concussions in rugby played without head gear and pads.  Why should the NFL consider physics?

This penalizes you for scoring.  

I say, if you kick it into the end zone, they can either return it or take possession on their own 20.  

No penalizing the scoring team.