THE BROWNS BOARD

Banning tiktok

No. 

Especially this part that gives the president more unchecked power. For everyone saying this law should pass, you need to know that you're giving Biden the power to decide what social networks are and aren't a threat to US national security. Censorship is not a real solution.

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F1fb080ab-72c8-4c46-a9d1-ef2ccbf12da5_2708x1548.png?utm_source=substack&utm_medium=email

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, VaporTrail said:

No. 

Especially this part that gives the president more unchecked power. For everyone saying this law should pass, you need to know that you're giving Biden the power to decide what social networks are and aren't a threat to US national security. Censorship is not a real solution.

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F1fb080ab-72c8-4c46-a9d1-ef2ccbf12da5_2708x1548.png?utm_source=substack&utm_medium=email

I didn't know they put that part in. Really? THIS president gets to decide? that is stupid. I do want china OUT of it completely, or ban it. But it should be Congress that decides. Apparently there is serious intel that we don't hear about - that really makes the case. But it is dangerous for an enemy to have a far reaching social media software they control to be in our country. And in a communist society - every company is controlled by the communist government.

3 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

I didn't know they put that part in. Really? THIS president gets to decide? that is stupid. I do want china OUT of it completely, or ban it. But it should be Congress that decides. Apparently there is serious intel that we don't hear about - that really makes the case. But it is dangerous for an enemy to have a far reaching social media software they control to be in our country. And in a communist society - every company is controlled by the communist government.

This is how it works every time! They pick the scary thing of the moment and get the public to fear it enough to give up their rights

2001 - Islamic terrorism. Patriot Act. Public went along with it. 4th amendment means jack shit now and the NSA can and will monitor everything you do. There have been recent efforts to establish social credit scores of some kind or another, even in the US. 
2011 through 2019 - Mass shooters. Thankfully Obama was not able to pass anything on gun control. But Trump did. No more bump stocks for us, thanks. Liberals continue to push for tougher restrictions to gun ownership. 
2018 through 2022 - White supremacy is the biggest threat to the US. We need to monitor these domestic extremists! If you say anything positive about the founding fathers or the constitution, it might be enough to put you on an FBI watchlist. (wish i was exaggerating with this one, but I'm not)
2020 through 2021 - COVID. Better be a guinea pig to an experimental vaccine or you will lose your job. Thankfully SCOTUS ruled this was illegal, I'm not happy that they now require it for anyone in the field of healthcare. You can't go to work, we must lock down to stop it! We need to pressure tech giants into banning/deamplifying those on social media who has a different opinion than the prevailing and government approved theories!
2022 - We need to put all our money into Ukraine. Anyone who is against it is just regurgitating Russian information! We need to demonetize these people from social media and shadowban them. 
2023 - We need to send all of our money to Israel. The $15B they've received from us the past 20 years wasn't enough! Anyone who disapproves of Israel's methods is an anti-Semite! We must ban them from campus and pass laws that make it illegal to criticize Israel! 

It's politicians from the entire political spectrum that have been arguing (often successfully) to take away our rights. It's all so tiresome. 

Vapor, you forgot this one:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/how-much-aid-does-the-us-give-palestinians-and-whats-it-for/

"he United States is by far the largest donor of financial aid to the Palestinians, with this assistance touching nearly every aspect of life in the Palestinian Authority."

NOTE: about 13 members of the UNRWA participated in the rape, murder, torture and kidnapping of innocent Israeli men, women and children.

"Earlier on Tuesday, US Ambassador to the UN Nikki Haley threatened to cut off funding to the UN’s Palestinian refugee agency, UNRWA, if the Palestinians refused to engage in peace negotiations."

yeah, we fund hamas for "law and order" for the palestinians>???????? can you say "palestinian/hamas WAR CRIMES?"

"

Three types of US assistance to the Palestinians

According to the US Consulate in Jerusalem’s website, the United States has been the largest donor of aid to the Palestinians since the signing of the Oslo Accords in 1994. This aid has totaled around $600 million annually in recent years, and can be roughly divided into three categories.

The first is USAID, the conduit by which the State Department provides aid to countries across the world. The second is the economic support for law and order in the Palestinian Authority. These two categories were perhaps the aid that Trump had in mind in his tweet, though the president did not specify. The third is the US support for the United Nations Relief and Works Agency, or UNRWA, as addressed by Haley."

9 minutes ago, VaporTrail said:

The $15B they've received from us the past 20 years wasn't enough! Anyone who disapproves of Israel's methods i

so, what are Israel's methods that you are offended by? that you disagree with?

none, except fighting a war they didn't start ?

how about palestinians and hamas. Is there any methods you disagree with?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, VaporTrail said:

No. 

But does that really indicate that the president has the final say? If I'm interpreting that correctly, a report to Congress must be submitted 30 days prior to the president "proposing such a determination".

I'm sure the demonrats wouldn't want a Republican president to hold such a power without Congress having a say.

23 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

And somehow this is your takeaway. It's all so tiresome.

3 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

It's astonishing to me how these people just don't get it.

Bottom line is that Hamas stands by their belief that Israel has no right to exist. Their only objective is for Israels extermination. Peace is out of the question.

To a rational person...Hamas being committed to Israels extermination would put the question of "methods" on Hamas.. See Hitler.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, VaporTrail said:

And somehow this is your takeaway. It's all so tiresome.

and yet, you can't answer and explain your one sided bigotry towards Israel, but

hamas and the palestinians and all our aid to them gets a pass.

That is what is tiresome.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, VaporTrail said:

This is how it works every time! They pick the scary thing of the moment and get the public to fear it enough to give up their rights

2001 - Islamic terrorism. Patriot Act. Public went along with it. 4th amendment means jack shit now and the NSA can and will monitor everything you do. There have been recent efforts to establish social credit scores of some kind or another, even in the US. 
2011 through 2019 - Mass shooters. Thankfully Obama was not able to pass anything on gun control. But Trump did. No more bump stocks for us, thanks. Liberals continue to push for tougher restrictions to gun ownership. 
2018 through 2022 - White supremacy is the biggest threat to the US. We need to monitor these domestic extremists! If you say anything positive about the founding fathers or the constitution, it might be enough to put you on an FBI watchlist. (wish i was exaggerating with this one, but I'm not)
2020 through 2021 - COVID. Better be a guinea pig to an experimental vaccine or you will lose your job. Thankfully SCOTUS ruled this was illegal, I'm not happy that they now require it for anyone in the field of healthcare. You can't go to work, we must lock down to stop it! We need to pressure tech giants into banning/deamplifying those on social media who has a different opinion than the prevailing and government approved theories!
2022 - We need to put all our money into Ukraine. Anyone who is against it is just regurgitating Russian information! We need to demonetize these people from social media and shadowban them. 
2023 - We need to send all of our money to Israel. The $15B they've received from us the past 20 years wasn't enough! Anyone who disapproves of Israel's methods is an anti-Semite! We must ban them from campus and pass laws that make it illegal to criticize Israel! 

It's politicians from the entire political spectrum that have been arguing (often successfully) to take away our rights. It's all so tiresome. 

I know what you're getting at and I think you're right to a degree. We can't keep having 'threats' strip away and erode our rights and freedoms. We can't keep giving gov't the authoritative control over everything. 

However, with everything online and going electronic, we must secure our data infrastructure. If we have proof that apps like tic tok are being used by Chinese intelligence to gain any type of harmful data, then shouldn't we shut that down? What other measures are there? As you said, sooner or later it becomes politicized and 'they' have control to shut down whatever they feel like.

Something truly needs done, I just don't have faith the gov't will use the proper way to do it. They'll design their little bills in such ways that they gain more and unexpected power.

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

and yet, you can't answer and explain your one sided bigotry towards Israel, but

You care more about the rights of Israelis than your own as an American. That is how our priorities are different. 

57 minutes ago, Jax said:

I know what you're getting at and I think you're right to a degree. We can't keep having 'threats' strip away and erode our rights and freedoms. We can't keep giving gov't the authoritative control over everything. 

However, with everything online and going electronic, we must secure our data infrastructure. If we have proof that apps like tic tok are being used by Chinese intelligence to gain any type of harmful data, then shouldn't we shut that down? What other measures are there? As you said, sooner or later it becomes politicized and 'they' have control to shut down whatever they feel like.

Something truly needs done, I just don't have faith the gov't will use the proper way to do it. They'll design their little bills in such ways that they gain more and unexpected power.

What exactly is threatening about TikTok? That it might have malicious code in it that allows the Chinese government a backdoor into a device? Then don't let anyone who is in a governmental position or government contractor to have the app on their devices (they've already done this). How does banning this app increase our security? Another one is just going to take its place. It's no different than the ban guns argument, imo. No realistic ways to implement and only hurts people abiding by the law. 

2 hours ago, FY56 said:

But does that really indicate that the president has the final say? If I'm interpreting that correctly, a report to Congress must be submitted 30 days prior to the president "proposing such a determination".

I'm sure the demonrats wouldn't want a Republican president to hold such a power without Congress having a say.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4468159-speaker-johnson-on-national-security-threat-there-is-no-need-for-public-alarm/

Congress actually showed us last month how that process would work (link above). A small congressional subcommittee would be shown the evidence of the offender. President/DOJ/NSA/FBI could choose to classify as much of this as they want. Someone on the committee could raise the alarm that "Hey, maybe we should let the public know what's going on." But then nothing ever comes to light because someone wants it all hush hush. Congress will never vote on said action, it's just decided behind closed doors. Fuck that. 

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

I have one sided bigotry toward anyone who isn't an American citizen. You value the rights of Israelis over your own. That's the difference between me and you. 

I remember when Trump was Prez and he wanted to ban Tik Tok.

The Libtards thought he was Hitler for talking such nonsense.

The times they are a changing.

2 hours ago, VaporTrail said:

You care more about the rights of Israelis than your own as an American. That is how our priorities are different. 

not true at all. You hate our aid to Israel, but you haven't said one word about all our aid to the palestinians.

so don't hide behind nonsense retorts - answer the question. Why be one sided about it?

have you once ever criticized the palestinians that want Israel destroyed, and all Israelis to die, and who

applaud hamas for their atrocities?

I think you have not. The "palestinians" have historically been their own worst enemy.

You don't have history on your side of the nonsense you are venting about.

16 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

I remember when Trump was Prez and he wanted to ban Tik Tok.

The Libtards thought he was Hitler for talking such nonsense.

The times they are a changing.

And he's against banning it now

Mostly became banning it would help Zuckerberg, and Trump just lives on grudges, but interesting that he changed his mind

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

And he's against banning it now

Mostly became banning it would help Zuckerberg, and Trump just lives on grudges, but interesting that he changed his mind

Oh it's not that. Cheetos has a nice talk with a real billionaire who owns the company that just merged with Truth Social. Jeff Yass. Jeff also owns a large part of TikTok. Jeff doesn't want TikTok banned, so now Cheetos doesn't want it banned. Don't worry the cult will be supporting TikTok soon, just takes a little time for them to fall in line.

19 hours ago, VaporTrail said:

I have one sided bigotry toward anyone who isn't an American citizen. You value the rights of Israelis over your own. That's the difference between me and you. 

btw, you show extremely obvious favoritism towards the palestinians and our support of them.

You complain we support Israel - you want them to not fight back and take out hamas when they keep using

civilians as shields and firing missiles?

You never complain about all the money we send to the palstinians/hamas and the un org.

That seems to be fine, but our support to Israel - that is totally wrong?

baloney.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, cccjwh said:

Oh it's not that. Cheetos has a nice talk with a real billionaire who owns the company that just merged with Truth Social. Jeff Yass. Jeff also owns a large part of TikTok. Jeff doesn't want TikTok banned, so now Cheetos doesn't want it banned. Don't worry the cult will be supporting TikTok soon, just takes a little time for them to fall in line.

Ah, didn't hear about that connection 

Something something drain the swamp something something

On 3/26/2024 at 12:21 AM, MLD Woody said:

Yes or no?

I think it's a bunch of shit. I think it's a ridiculous path for the Republican party to seize on. Regardless of pundit, Disantis, Gingrich, Ramaswami etc regardless of how I may or may not support each pundit I'm on the complete other side of this issue. I think people are idiots that whine about tiktok stealing information. Especially people that have an Amazon or Google or any other fucking account come on.

WSS

PS can you simpletons discuss anything without somebody screeching cheetos?

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

I think it's a bunch of shit. I think it's a ridiculous path for the Republican party to seize on. Regardless of pundit, Disantis, Gingrich, Ramaswami etc regardless of how I may or may not support each pundit I'm on the complete other side of this issue. I think people are idiots that whine about tiktok stealing information. Especially people that have an Amazon or Google or any other fucking account come on.

WSS

PS can you simpletons discuss anything without somebody screeching cheetos?

The cheetos moniker is so stupid.. I guess I'll just refer to Joe as "Depends" from here on out...... At least Chester Cheetos is cool...

We could use his full name: Cheetos Jesus. But that takes too long to type out. Cheetos does matter here, because he pretty much started this stupidity of wanting to ban TikTok. He was all for it until the ban could affect him financially. Steve why aren't you countering your fellow cultist about the Florida ban on social media? They are all for it. Because....

wont-somebody-please-think-of-the-children-think-of-the-children.gif.81c5042fa81207b3cfedb0c8026e580c.gif

1 hour ago, Jax said:

I don't recall you protesting gambling, driving, cigarette and alcohol bans for minors.

I don't recall any of those being protected by the Constitution. But I know you want the government to tell people how to raise their kids. 

1 hour ago, Jax said:

I don't recall you protesting gambling, driving, cigarette and alcohol bans for minors.

Lefties FEEL they can eventually have majority rule and change everything to support the lowlife that they are.

They demand their rights, and if they get into office, they demand to be allowed to take away others' rights - if those others are not like them.

It's like there is an entire subculture of people who don't respect themselves, nor anyone else, and as such - they can't respect America. Or our Constitution/Bill of Rights. Our American History. Our electoral process. Our Supreme Court. They don't respect Life.

To respect anything else makes them feel even lower and angrier, so they just hate out of spite.

• Haha 1