THE BROWNS BOARD

The Helmet Again

Orion

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2024/3/30/24116347/browns-helmet-rumchanges-2024

Rumored to be bringing back the white facemask and the gloss finish.    

I approve of both (though if I was a player I'd probably prefer the brown facemask).  Now if they can just tone down that day-glo orange a bit and we'll be back to normal again....ie  before the Haslems came along and started meddling with the damned thing.  

• Upvote 1

I can't stand white facemasks, always looks like cheap plastic to me. 

Brown and orange is not a color scheme you can get "cute" with. The simpler the better.

White facemasks are an attempt to get cute. They went to the white facemasks in the 70s under Modell, so by proxy they suck monkey balls. Going back to the gloss look is fine IMO. Honestly, I never really noticed that they were matte. 

11 hours ago, Orion said:

I approve of both (though if I was a player I'd probably prefer the brown facemask).  Now if they can just tone down that day-glo orange a bit and we'll be back to normal again....ie  before the Haslems came along and started meddling with the damned thing.  

I didn't mind it.  Here's what it looked like.

https://vintagecardprices.com/name-search/Greg-Pruitt/football-cards

• Thanks 2

On 3/30/2024 at 10:42 PM, Orion said:

The have switched back to what the helmet was.

1 hour ago, AP1 said:

The best Browns teams in my lifetime all had white facemasks. If we can rekindle some of that magical run of the mid to late 80s, I'd be a-okay.

Same here - thanks!

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, ballpeen said:
2 hours ago, Orion said:

Frank Ryan Ernie Green.jpg

The have switched back to what the helmet was.

Literally all the Browns need to do is look at that photo and do everything they did, and add the brown jersey from that era.

I'll bend and allow the orange pants a handful times every season too. 

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Literally all the Browns need to do is look at that photo and do everything they did, and add the brown jersey from that era.

I'll bend and allow the orange pants a handful times every season too. 

Who's gonna be the 1st sick bastard to wear a decimal between the numbers? 

Someone like Siaki Ika has probably powered down enough pie in his life to start wearing and stretching it across the belly.   That, or our Double Wide from the Crimson Tide (Dalvin Tomlinson) would look pretty freakin tight wearing 3.14.    

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Flugel said:

Who's gonna be the 1st sick bastard to wear a decimal between the numbers? 

Someone like Siaki Ika has probably powered down enough pie in his life to start wearing and stretching it across the belly.   That, or our Double Wide from the Crimson Tide (Dalvin Tomlinson) would look pretty freakin tight wearing 3.14.    

Maybe they should opt for Bingo numbers next lol...

7 hours ago, nickers said:

Maybe they should opt for Bingo numbers next lol...

😆  Can you imagine Keith Jackson with the commentary back in the day? "OOOOOOH by golly, Tackle made by 340 pounds of Free Space that's been stretching 2 counties wide all day long. That young fella is really showing teammates how to bring the sting; and he's been a gang tackle all by himself."

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Flugel said:

😆  Can you imagine Keith Jackson with the commentary back in the day? "OOOOOOH by golly, Tackle made by 340 pounds of Free Space that's been stretching 2 counties wide all day long. That young fella is really showing teammates how to bring the sting; and he's been a gang tackle all by himself."

I loved Keith Jackson.. He was classic...  Where Brent Musberger was totally annoying...

• Thanks 1