THE BROWNS BOARD

Climate Scam

Jax

“I don't understand how people who cannot predict the weather five days in advance can predict the climate decades from now.” - Thomas Sowell

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Jax said:

"the woodpecker's illegals have suffered the most from the climate change emergency, so they will be allowed to vote before Americans do"

There’s a term in media reporting where if a topic has “legs” it means that it’s a topic that can absorb gobs and gobs of stories that continue to capture the publics’ attention. I’m astounded that the topic of global warming has such magnificent legs. 

I dunno guys. I suppose my official stance on the matter is “maybe it’s a thing, maybe not, time will tell”, and l’m totally content with that position. We now have hour plus long documentaries that it’s NOT a thing, and presumably hour plus documentaries that it IS a thing. I think we’re teetering on the edge of absurdity here. Al Gore man, however did you stumble upon this?

I honestly think anymore it’s less about science and more about politics. Just a sticking point to get people arguing with one another.

Case in point, we’re a good 16 posts in here with the “it’s not a thing” crowd, but zero posts from the “it is a thing” crowd. You’re arguing with echoes here guys. 

My theory is the average voter who likes some aspect of nature, whether it be hiking or hunting or bird watching or sticking your dick in mole hills, l would wager many of them don’t have the time or patience to hang with the wealth of information out there on this topic. Or they may be like me and they simply table their opinion for a future time.

All they know is global warming has something to do with preserving nature, and if that’s something they keep in mind when voting, it’s a +1 for democrats. 

Republicans, aka the “conservatives”, SHOULD be the ones in the +1 for nature category, but they’re not. Because democrats have them chasing their tails over global warming and they’re pretty good at floating ideas that might be good for the environment. Republicans are constantly playing defense and their offense sucks in that area. 

I’m confident that this is a contributing factor to the public perception that the democrats are the pro-environment party. 

pointing out the ridiculous science in the minds of the left is not arguing echoes...

and protecting our wallets against world players that want control isnt wasted time,  

the posts here contrarily  may be the red pill for some of the low info voters the left covets . 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

There’s a term in media reporting where if a topic has “legs” it means that it’s a topic that can absorb gobs and gobs of stories that continue to capture the publics’ attention. I’m astounded that the topic of global warming has such magnificent legs. 

I dunno guys. I suppose my official stance on the matter is “maybe it’s a thing, maybe not, time will tell”, and l’m totally content with that position. We now have hour plus long documentaries that it’s NOT a thing, and presumably hour plus documentaries that it IS a thing. I think we’re teetering on the edge of absurdity here. Al Gore man, however did you stumble upon this?

I honestly think anymore it’s less about science and more about politics. Just a sticking point to get people arguing with one another.

Case in point, we’re a good 16 posts in here with the “it’s not a thing” crowd, but zero posts from the “it is a thing” crowd. You’re arguing with echoes here guys. 

My theory is the average voter who likes some aspect of nature, whether it be hiking or hunting or bird watching or sticking your dick in mole hills, l would wager many of them don’t have the time or patience to hang with the wealth of information out there on this topic. Or they may be like me and they simply table their opinion for a future time.

All they know is global warming has something to do with preserving nature, and if that’s something they keep in mind when voting, it’s a +1 for democrats. 

Republicans, aka the “conservatives”, SHOULD be the ones in the +1 for nature category, but they’re not. Because democrats have them chasing their tails over global warming and they’re pretty good at floating ideas that might be good for the environment. Republicans are constantly playing defense and their offense sucks in that area. 

I’m confident that this is a contributing factor to the public perception that the democrats are the pro-environment party. 

The problem here is that man made climate change is a money/power grab. The problem is that politicians will use for excuses to tax more and make more regulations that don't affect what they will lie about.

Any normal person cares about protecting the environment, but it's not the same as pretending man made climate change exists they way politicians portray it.

How are conservatives not for nature? Not talking about politicians.

I would say far more conservatives are hunteres, fishermen, campers and hikers and care very much about nature.

It seems that the "man made global warming" hucksters changed to "global warming" to "climate change" because they

kept making fools of themselves with dire predictions and UN-sponsored, leftwing political encouraged "crises".

Then as a last resort, they go with conservation, pollution and water quality, etc.

Even if we went with draconian, outrageous measures, with china, russia, north korea and India - it would make no difference.

The UN wants our money so they can hand it out. They don't give a crap that china and india etc violate their

"mmgw" demands.

It's redistribution of wealth, and power and control over those countries with $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. 

5 minutes ago, Jax said:

The problem here is that man made climate change is a money/power grab. The problem is that politicians will use for excuses to tax more and make more regulations that don't affect what they will lie about.

Any normal person cares about protecting the environment, but it's not the same as pretending man made climate change exists they way politicians portray it.

How are conservatives not for nature? Not talking about politicians.

Yessir, a voting capital power grab. And it’s been working like a charm for something like 20 plus years. 

You really gotta tip your cap to the democrats over this shit. Wasn’t there some kerfluffle about Biden trying to pass some sort of ridiculous EV mandate recently? That’s how they do it man. Keep the republicans on defense.

And yes, l’m pretty sure it’s one of those things we’re squarely united on. Clean air, clean water, all good stuff. But this manufactured sticking point has effectively eroded the republican party’s opportunity to show that because they and their constituents are chasing their tails over the validity of global warming. 

I don't quite frame it the way you do.

I see it as a major lefty, hippie viewpoint, not so much democrat. The thing with democrats(politicians) today though is they fall in line with anything that gets them votes, money or power. Dems don't even give a crap about man made climate change.

I don't see republicans doing much of anything about it. Why would they? The same power the dems grab is the same power they will have.

I think what got this ball rolling were a bunch of 'experts' that needed their funding extended convinced some dipshit named Gore and he fell for it hook line and sinker. If you watched his presentation it definitely was convincing. Except, not a single thing he said or fear mongered came true.

Why would the repubs be on the defensive over something they don't care about either? They're just the same as the dems; votes, money and power.

It's like somebody already said, Kennedy says a lot of good things and is entertaining, but his votes don't back up his words. Not many if any are looking out for us or what's best for the environment. Look how the FDA and our gov't handled the opioid epidemic. The teflon case, heck East Palestine. A major toxic chemical spill and the only people showing up were politicians grabbing a photo op. What did any of them do with the national guard and fema and everything at their disposal to help? They don't care and they're inept.

I don't think this crap is smoke and mirrors. Just look at toilets, they reduce the amount of water they flush, and it keeps going down. It's not progress or helping the environment. Now they want to restrict washers. I don't know, I'm not seeing your point exactly though I'm trying.

Let's say you're right if I'm understanding you correctly, why lie or play games with repubs? Why do we allow this from people that need to be honest and open? Why isn't running on your merit or the facts enough?

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Jax said:

I don't quite frame it the way you do.

I see it as a major lefty, hippie viewpoint, not so much democrat. The thing with democrats(politicians) today though is they fall in line with anything that gets them votes, money or power. Dems don't even give a crap about man made climate change.

I don't see republicans doing much of anything about it. Why would they? The same power the dems grab is the same power they will have.

I think what got this ball rolling were a bunch of 'experts' that needed their funding extended convinced some dipshit named Gore and he fell for it hook line and sinker. If you watched his presentation it definitely was convincing. Except, not a single thing he said or fear mongered came true.

Why would the repubs be on the defensive over something they don't care about either? They're just the same as the dems; votes, money and power.

It's like somebody already said, Kennedy says a lot of good things and is entertaining, but his votes don't back up his words. Not many if any are looking out for us or what's best for the environment. Look how the FDA and our gov't handled the opioid epidemic. The teflon case, heck East Palestine. A major toxic chemical spill and the only people showing up were politicians grabbing a photo op. What did any of them do with the national guard and fema and everything at their disposal to help? They don't care and they're inept.

I don't think this crap is smoke and mirrors. Just look at toilets, they reduce the amount of water they flush, and it keeps going down. It's not progress or helping the environment. Now they want to restrict washers. I don't know, I'm not seeing your point exactly though I'm trying.

Let's say you're right if I'm understanding you correctly, why lie or play games with repubs? Why do we allow this from people that need to be honest and open? Why isn't running on your merit or the facts enough?

My commentary was mostly an observation on how the topic of climate change has morphed into a device that perpetuates the perception that democrats are the “pro-environment” party and republicans are not. The amount of collective energy spent towards these ends is significant based on the wealth of information out there trying to prove or disprove it. 

My thoughts then turned to asking myself, what effect does this wealth of information and back and forth debate do for folks that are, like myself, undecided or don’t have the time or inclination to dig in to that wealth of information? They fall back on the perception created by all of it, that being that democrats are the “pro-environment” party because they champion the cause. It’s simply a +1 in their column for folks who DO consider the environment when voting but DON’T have the time or inclination to dig in to it all. 

I think we agree that most everyone is cool with reasonable policies that are pro-environment.  There have been human foibles within our lifetimes that remind us to keep an eye on things. 

You mentioned some of them. And yeah, l wanna see the 2 parties duke it out to earn those votes and actually DO things that are reasonable and effective. 

You made this comment, “I don't see republicans doing much of anything about it. Why would they? The same power the dems grab is the same power they will have.”

I suppose at the end of the day l would like to see republicans summon their inner Teddy Roosevelt and gun for that power again. And the reason they would do it is to pick up votes. Go on the offensive to change the perception that they are a pro-environment party. 

• Upvote 1

We could make all the changes we want but ultimately asking the developing world to forego using all of their natural resources to appease western liberals seems like a hard sell. All of them are playing catch up and should do everything possible to raise the standard of living in their countries including utilizing all of their natural resources.

• Upvote 1