THE BROWNS BOARD

Supreme Court; yes there exists selective prosecution

We crazy right wingers told ya so.

Just waiting for the mainstream media to run this story anytime now....

Supreme Court exposes Biden’s selective prosecution of political opponents - Washington Examiner

During oral arguments on Tuesday, Supreme Court Justices Neil Gorsuch and Samuel Alito exposed the Biden administration’s inexcusable practice of selective prosecution of protesters and rioters.

The point isn’t that the Capitol rioters should avoid all penalties but that the Biden administration is choosing for ideological reasons when and how to apply laws against illicit protests.

Ah yes, those "mostly peaceful protests"

Gorsuch pressed further. Using the catchphrase favored by liberal news media and others about urban riots, even ones where police were injured, cars were burned, and federal courthouses were significantly damaged, resulting in trial relocations or delays, Gorsuch somewhat mockingly asked why “a mostly peaceful protest … that actually obstructs and impedes an official proceeding for an indefinite period would not be covered.”

... while knowing they should not be in the Capitol, and thus being criminally liable for trespassing or disorderly conduct, were clueless about the congressional proceedings rather than intentionally trying to interfere with them. Yet this administration is throwing the book at scores of them.

The Biden Justice Department tries to imprison innocent anti-abortion protesters while letting hundreds of attacks on pro-life centers go unpunished. It targets parents as domestic terrorists while refusing to enforce specific laws against demonstrations at the homes of Republican-appointed Supreme Court justices. Examples of double standards are almost countless.

Trump is also a victim of selective prosecution. You're an asshole of you deny it. I'm talking to you Hoorta and cccp. Not sure about Woody, he has kept quiet regarding this. He may have come to terms with the truth.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, FY56 said:

were clueless about the congressional proceedings rather than intentionally trying to interfere with them

This is the dumbest thing I've ever read. They're really trying to state that the Jan 6th rioters that stormed the capitol had no idea what was going on within the Capitol? That Trump just picked that day and location for fun?

Give me a fucking break ...

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

This is the dumbest thing I've ever read. They're really trying to state that the Jan 6th rioters that stormed the capitol had no idea what was going on within the Capitol? That Trump just picked that day and location for fun?

It's some braindead Washington Examiner journalist's interpretation of what happened. 

https://www.supremecourt.gov/oral_arguments/argument_transcripts/2023/23-5572_0pm1.pdf

Here's the actual transcript, ctrl+F Alito and see where he appears a bunch to get to the part the legacy media article is referring. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

Possibly it was until you started typing 🤣

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

You picked a side note from some journalist to be outraged over. Fine.

But you must agree that there exists selective prosecution, including what is occurring with Trump.

Correct?

As far as those protesters, I would have assumed they couldn't have cared less if Congress was in session or not. But it's highly likely that every last one of them did because it was on the day congress was confirming the election results.

"selective prosecution", or whatever the right is calling it, has existed forever. The vast majority of the time it is negatively affecting minorities, poor people, etc... Not the typical rich, white, male Republican. 

It is funny that now, THIS is what makes one half of the country think there is some bias in our justice system 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

"selective prosecution", or whatever the right is calling it, has existed forever. The vast majority of the time it is negatively affecting minorities, poor people, etc... Not the typical rich, white, male Republican. 

It is funny that now, THIS is what makes one half of the country think there is some bias in our justice system 

Here we go with the woke racist garbage. Brain dead.

It's one thing not being able to afford better or the best lawyer, whether you're white or black, but it's another for judges and prosecutors to go after Trump strictly because of their political background and hatred for Trump. If you want to lie and pretend to be ignorant, have at it. Oh, republicans aren't the only rich ones in politics, in fact, you don't even have to be white or male to be rich. Oh, never mind the fact that men in divorce court have been crying about bias forever. I don't think you ever say anything that has a tinge of honesty.

While you're pointing fingers and virtue signaling about minorities, lefties are doing some crying themselves about the unfair justice system.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2024/04/12/trump-trial-special-treatment-justice-system-00151814

Trump supporters surely bristle at the notion that he’s getting any preferential treatment. After all, he is facing dozens of felony counts across four criminal cases, and a series of massive civil judgments has damaged his reputation and his wealth.

But the fact is that no other person in America — if charged with the diverse panoply of malfeasance that Trump has been accused of — would enjoy the same procedural and structural advantages that Trump has harnessed, to great effect, as his legal troubles reached a fever pitch over the past 12 months.

There may be good reasons for some of those advantages. A former president and current candidate is no ordinary criminal defendant. But special treatment carries a hefty price: It shatters the American lore that everyone is treated equally before the law.

The result, ironically, is a partial confirmation of one of Trump’s favorite grievances. He’s enmeshed in a “two-tiered system of justice,” he often says — and he’s right. There are two tiers. But Trump frequently has been the beneficiary, not the victim.

19 minutes ago, Jax said:

Here we go with the woke racist garbage. Brain dead.

And here we go with the right's new favorite boilerplate buzzword that can just slap on anything they disagree with. Insightful stuff. 

woodpecker - your posts have gotten smellier and more unreasonable these days.

Did you get fired for online bs or what?

23 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

They're really trying to state that the Jan 6th rioters that stormed the capitol had no idea what was going on within the Capitol?

Stormed the Capitol Building? Do you mean the same building that had the doors opened for them by Capitol Police were stormed?

That is the stupidest shit I’ve read today.

21 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Stormed the Capitol Building? Do you mean the same building that had the doors opened for them by Capitol Police were stormed?

Stupid is as stupid does...

27 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

There's video of them breaking in windows... But alright 

6 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

And here we go with the right's new favorite boilerplate buzzword that can just slap on anything they disagree with. Insightful stuff. 

Almost as bad as calling everything racist huh?

3 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

There's video of them breaking in windows... But alright 

And there’s videos of them with the doors being held open by Capitol Police.

11 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

And you up the ante 🤨

Does your ignorance know no bounds?

15 minutes ago, Axe said:

And you up the ante 🤨

Does your ignorance know no bounds?

I haven't seen any limit to his stupidity yet  - it's been years now

20 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

"Whatever they are calling it" is exactly what it is. Your denial is glaring with this one. 

Aww.. here we go with those poor poor minorities again. Always a good backup plan.

By rummaging through all the statutes and laws, these prosecutors could have found dirt on nearly any rich white real estate mogul, but they chose to take such action against Trump.

Gee Woody, why do you suppose that is? Bet you won't answer, because you know the answer.

If it has been going on forever like you claim, does this mean Trumps case is excusable? Bet you won't answer that either.

This is clear cut election interference; it is precisely why you don't bring a case like this during an election cycle.

This has been the most egregious case ever of weaponizing the justice system in order to go take out a political opponent, but people like you give it a pass and look the other way....."well because it's Trump".

Don't ever come here denying that you're a flaming liberal.

I could post thousands of links to career, even violent criminals being released to commit more crimes over and over.

So much for minorities not getting a break.

How many illegals have been set free after being detained for crimes when they should have been deported for just being here?

Hell they even raised the limit you could steal before being charged for a felony.

They targeted Trump, even adjusted a law to do so. Think about all the time and money wasted worrying about Trump, if only they had so much conviction for real criminals.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, hammertime said:

You still think those were MAGA guys doing that?

that crowd was riddled with antifa and feds.  Your a moron.

Hahahaha sure thing. I'm sure your mentor JAFBF knows the REAL truth. 

Any conspiracy theory to create the reality you prefer I guess