THE BROWNS BOARD

Steinbach to RT

Greythan

I love talking oline, but seriously, some of the ideas here are a little out there although I like the discussion.

What you do is leave things as they are and insert Hadnot at RG when ready. Then you start giving St. Clair some help with the TE, which it would be nice if Heiden would get better. BTW, I kept reminding people all year of the injury he was coming back from and he was no guarantee.

In no way am I sticking up for St. Clair, but he is not going to be going up against Dumervil every game. Dummy makes a lot of guys look bad, he is a stud. They need to build more continuity, that is the key. You start swapping guys all over the place and you will see it get ten times worse, trust me.

I was about to come in and say basically the same thing....and then there was your post.

Last year, when Steiny was out a few games, you noticed JT struggle just a bit (not a lot, but a little). That is because he was having to cover for the LG position to avoid letting the inside pass rush get by.

I am saying this because Hadnot is by far the batter guy at RG. When he comes back, the is going to solidify the middle of the OL, allowing whoever plays at RT to concentrate more on the outside first step.

Also, the TE move is exaclty what Rif said it was. A reaction to the fact that ST.Clair was getting beat outside. We will line up a blocking TE on his shoulder for the initial chip....and if not needed, the TE will release into the flats.

The one thing we talked about numerous times is the fact that the OL is a group of guys that have to work well TOGETHER. If you start fudging around with them all the time, they will never settle in and you will be worse off than you are now.

Leave the left side alone....let Mack continue in his learning process...get Hadnot back in at RG...and let the TE assist with St.Claire until they gel (or always if St.Claire really can't cut it). Don't forget that Womack is also an experienced RT and may actually get moved out there after Hadnot returns.

Archived