THE BROWNS BOARD

Stefanski Stepping Aside, Allowing Dorsey to Transform Offense?

4 hours ago, Flugel said:

We had 2 family members go into hospice last week and one of them passed away.

Sorry for your loss.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, syd said:

jesus f-ing christ, even  when  we are winning people gotta bitch  about something. Who was that ? you know when we beat the jet's to lock up a playoff spot, Bitched and wined about some fan's being to loud. Oh wait I remember it was Ghoul's little bitch nickers.

Stop bitching syd.

1 hour ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

Go give me grief on another thread. This one is mental masturbation.

My favorite part of the thread was when it appeared that cal hacked into your account and kept posting one post after another telling us how awesome you are.

That was cool. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

Flugels, I saw the you responded to me..I didn't read.your bullshit because it was just copy and paste bullshit from you telling me that Crennel and Sewage were geniuses.

Oh yes, I also remember your vigorous support.of William Green. You assured me that my mocking of his drafting would be laughed at. Then you told me when I laughed at his inability to break a tackle I would eat my words.

Stefanski is a coffee fetcher.

If I am a betting man, his adhering to Depo and analytics makes '24 a 8-9 proposition.

You like dickhead coaches.

Maybe this was already mentioned... to be fair you did repeatedly state that Myles Garrett is nothing more than a zumba dance instructor.

For your information, he won defensive player of the year.

.....despite not showing up the last 6 games and losing nearly every statistical category to Watt over there in Pittspuke.

Now that is impressive!

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, FY56 said:

Maybe this was already mentioned... to be fair you did repeatedly state that Myles Garrett is nothing more than a zumba dance instructor.

For your information, he won defensive player of the year.

.....despite not showing up the last 6 games and losing nearly every statistical category to Watt over there in Pittspuke.

Now that is impressive!

The defensive end that will be elected to the Hall of Fame as soon as he's eligible Myles Garrett? That guy?

But you running to Ghoolie's aid is always adorable. 🤣

2 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

Flugels, I saw the you responded to me..I didn't read.your bullshit because it was just copy and paste bullshit from you telling me that Crennel and Sewage were geniuses.

Oh yes, I also remember your vigorous support.of William Green. You assured me that my mocking of his drafting would be laughed at. Then you told me when I laughed at his inability to break a tackle I would eat my words.

Stefanski is a coffee fetcher.

If I am a betting man, his adhering to Depo and analytics makes '24 a 8-9 proposition.

You like dickhead coaches.

Yeah, Stefanski is killing us with these 11 wins seasons.  2 of them from 2020 to 2023.  I see why you hate him.

You're just a wealth of knowledge without Rich feeding you all his sayings and football info.  None of that comes from you. 

You've been a real spark to our football discussions.  

Thanks for the 3 posts dedicated to me from the time I started work until the time I took lunch. 

• Upvote 1

I don't think I have ever read someone so desperate to be relevant in my life.

Get a dog if you this obviously desperate for someone to pay attention to you. Sweet 8lb, 6oz baby Jesus, this is almost embarrassing. 

• Haha 1

I can just see Ghoolie tomorrow all belly on his shrink's couch

"Doc Tucker Flugel is a cock sucker!" 

You haven't been able to get your mind off of him, Dutch and Syd. Elaborate more on how they make you feel like you need a persona at age 69. Let's think of something less threatening like ❄️❄️❄️❄️

"Flugel thinks he knows everything. He told me and my friend Rich that he'd bet us that William Green would have a better NFL career than Maurice Clarett when we were pulling his chain.  My friend took him up on it in front of the entire message board; and Flugel never even paid him."  

Not that either guy lit it up.  William Green was the leading rusher for the Browns 2002 playoff team as a rookie and played another 3 years.  Maurice Clarett never played a regular season game after getting cut by the Broncos in training camp rookie year.  William Green only rushed for 2109 yards in 4 years while scoring 9 TDs and averaging only 3.7 yards per carry.  Maurice rushed for 0 yards. That's why Flugel never paid; because he won the bet. Is he really as mean as you need me to think he is? That sounds like it's hitting a big nerve you needed to forget about.  I'm sorry - let it go like other big boys do.

"Fuck him and these 2 other Fucktards Syd and Dutch."

Are they really vicious and hurtful aggressors? 

"No, they're just smart asses that jump all over everything I say.  They're smarter than Flugel though.  I got a pet rock smarter than him. He thinks Shitmypantski is NFL Coach of the Year material."

Great session today! We've uncovered a lot.  Try to read before you react this week; and don't forget to exhale and count to 5 before you reply.  I need you to wear your big boy pants in that message board this next week...

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

The defensive end that will be elected to the Hall of Fame as soon as he's eligible Myles Garrett? That guy?

But you running to Ghoolie's aid is always adorable. 🤣

Yeah that guy.

C'mon man. That's a bunch of malarky, couldn't you see I was critical of Ghoolie for calling the DPOY a Zumba dancer???

3 minutes ago, FY56 said:

Yeah that guy.

C'mon man. That's a bunch of malarky, couldn't you see I was critical of Ghoolie for calling the DPOY a Zumba dancer???

Now you are playing "Hard To Get" with Ghoolie?

That's a bold strategy, Cotton.  

13 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

My favorite part of the thread was when it appeared that cal hacked into your account and kept posting one post after another telling us how awesome you are.

That was cool. 

Cal did that?

Say it aint so! 

Why that little stinker!

Here's a little response to what went into winning DPOTY, which may or many not tell us anything we don't already know.  Before I share it, one comment that really stood out to me was from Pro Bowl LBer (and DPOTY finalist) for the Dallas Cowboys. He said watching film of Myles Garrett assured him there was no better choice for NFL Defensive Player of the Year.  He clarified how many guys on any 1 play that opponents assign to him.  He also clarified Garrett faces LTs (as opposed to RTs Watt matches up with).  

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/browns-mailbag-what-makes-myles-garrett-the-defensive-player-of-the-year

Browns Mailbag: What makes Myles Garrett the Defensive Player of the Year?

Staff Writer Kelsey Russo answers your questions

Feb 12, 2024 at 03:44 PM

23_WEB_HEADSHOT_KELSEYRUSSO

Kelsey Russo

Staff Writer

Mailbag Feb. 12

The Browns cleaned up at NFL Honors on Feb. 8 – with four awards total in Defensive Player of the Year, Coach of the Year, Assistant Coach of the Year and Comeback Player of the Year – and the 2023 season came to a close as the Chiefs won Super Bowl LVIII on Feb. 11.

Now the offseason continues, with the NFL Combine beginning Feb. 27 as the next touchstone of the offseason. So, we opened up the mailbag and answered your questions.

How can the DPOY Award to Myles Garrett be justified? — Gregg E., Orlando, FL

There's plenty of evidence to justify the award for Garrett. Let's first look at the numbers.

He led the Browns with 14 sacks for the 2023 season, which tied for third-most by a Brown in a season. He was tied for seventh in the NFL in total sacks for the season. Garrett is also the only NFL player to record at least 14 sacks in each of the past three seasons and the only player to record at least 10 sacks in each of the past six seasons. He is the Browns all-time sack leader with 88.5 over his seven-year career.

But sack production is not the only statistic that indicates a defensive player's effect on the game. It's the most obvious statistic, but we have to look beyond just this number.

Garrett finished the 2023 season with six quarterback hurries, 16 quarterback knockdowns and 30 quarterback hits. He totaled 37 pressures, alongside his 42 total tackles – 33 of which were solo tackles – and 17 tackles for loss. He also added three passes defended, four forced fumbles, one fumble recovery and one blocked kick.

Those stats indicate how he was able to affect quarterbacks throughout the league and how effective he was in the pass rush, as well as create key defensive stops. Garrett played a necessary role in their success in third down situations, as the Browns had the best third down percentage in the league at 29.1 percent, allowing just 67 third down conversions out of 230 attempts.

The blocked field goal kick against the Colts in Week 7 demonstrated another level of his athleticism, as Garrett leapt over the Colts offensive line and jumped to block the field goal attempt.

His impact also goes beyond stats. Teams game plan for Garrett, trying to find ways to take him out of the game. And yet, he still found ways to affect the game. I don't think we can look past those elements when evaluating his defensive dominance. Coach Kevin Stefanski summed it up pretty well in his end-of-season press conference about Garrett's overall impact.

"With Myles, the other unique thing about him, teams do everything in their power to make sure he doesn't make those disruptive plays," Stefanski said on Jan. 14. "So, he's getting a tight end, he's getting – the line is sliding to him, they're running away from him, those type of things. […] If you look at his impact overall, it was unbelievable."

50 minutes ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

I am not reading all this horseshit, but again Tom, you make my.point for me.

If Mild Garrett.is so good....why the fuck does his mother, this "Staff Writer" have to right a justification piece?

Garrett getting the DPOY award is nondifferent than Cher's induction into the R&R HOF.

Had, Watt, by far the better player recieved the award, Only.Browns fans would object. With Mild getting thenaward, 31 other groups of fans are crying, "bullshit".

That's why I said it may or may not tell us anything we don't already know.  Here's a reminder I enjoyed so I understand your need to insult it: The Browns cleaned up at NFL Honors on Feb. 8 – with four awards total in Defensive Player of the Year, Coach of the Year, Assistant Coach of the Year and Comeback Player of the Year.  That all reflects an organization  going in a good direction; but the impression you want me to have is not on your watch.  Got it.

Anyway a runner up for the award, Dallas LB Micah Parsons said via paraphrase that anyone that watched film on all of the finalists (inclusive of Parsons himself) saw that Myles was the OBVIOUS winner of the award.  Watts-his-name goes against Right Tackles (that's the pass rush version of the Women's Tees).  One of the best LTs in the game Trent Williams of the 49ers said there isn't a better pass rusher he's faced.

Your problem with Myles is you've sentenced yourself to the point of no return on him like you did with Joe Thomas. You have the same 2 options of admitting you were wrong or prefer the attention you'll get via the other path. 

10 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

FY56 there is no place for people like you on this board. You think for yourself and this fucks people up here.

If they read it, it must be true.

I have nicknamed the zumba instructor MILD GARRET. 

He has more than proven my words about him to be true.

I would love it if Tiamat composed a montage of the Texan's tackle attaching a dog leash to Mild and directing him out of the way all afternoon.

Garett is a physical specimen, but he is only a disruptor a few plays each game. He scares nobody.

They may not like hearing this as well. Too bad.

I'd trade the race card player for Watt in a heartbeat. The guy who begged Dallas to pick him in the draft. Yeah he wanted to be a Brown all right.

Watt was destined to become a Cleveland Brown, but fate took a wrong turn.

Just look at the guy, that face...he's Clay Matthews v2.0.  And like that other stud, he's also from Wisconsin...you know him, Joe Thomas.

He had Cleveland Brown written all over him.

But because Watt is a Steeler, these proud homers around here could never bring themselves to even suggest that Watt may be the better player. I don't play like that. Not afraid to call it like I see it.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

you fucking geniuses will all be posting well, d'uh, I guess Ghoolie was right again.

I'm trying to think of one time that you were right about something...but I can't seem to...

• Haha 2

Gay bashing and b******* aside in Moneyball some suit at least set the plays in motion as far as probability versus outcome. Probably not that far-fetched to think that Depodessa has at least some input. Now back to your squabbling.

wSS

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Orion said:

I'm trying to think of one time that you were right about something...but I can't seem to...

🤣 Neither can I.  Pottymouth or not Ghoolie is adorable....

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, FY56 said:

They may not like hearing this as well. Too bad.

I'd trade the race card player for Watt in a heartbeat. The guy who begged Dallas to pick him in the draft. Yeah he wanted to be a Brown all right.

Watt was destined to become a Cleveland Brown, but fate took a wrong turn.

Just look at the guy, that face...he's Clay Matthews v2.0.  And like that other stud, he's also from Wisconsin...you know him, Joe Thomas.

He had Cleveland Brown written all over him.

But because Watt is a Steeler, these proud homers around here could never bring themselves to even suggest that Watt may be the better player. I don't play like that. Not afraid to call it like I see it.

Let me sum it up for everyone:

Watt is white, and you are a racist piece of garbage, hence why this is a subject you come back to over and over. In a thread about Stefanski possibly handing over control of the offense to Ken Dorsey, you just had to shoe-horn  "the race card player" Myles Garrett, because that is all you are - A Fox News spewing troll.  In fact, this very subject got you kicked off this board. A subject that has zero to do with the thread topic.  

But we are all aware why this is a subject so close to your heart, Mr. Tiki Torch At Charlottesville. 

And of course nickers and Ghoolie are in lock-step with you on this. Birds of a feather.

17 hours ago, Flugel said:

🤣 Neither can I.  Pottymouth or not Ghoolie is adorable....

Especially when he becomes a cal copycat with multiple posts to himself.😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Especially when he becomes a cal copycat with multiple posts to himself.😂

Cal has some very impressive white role models that he cheerleads for.  Don't all millionaires want to live between gang turf in Memphis or just the ones that have no other choices?  What the persona never wants to admit is that he has the 3rd best income under his roof - very impressively right behind the Butler.  Just kidding...

But he's not reading any of this. 😉 Once you see another 3 consecutive replies to me - the reminder he can't ever tell the truth will be right there for us. I love fiction though.  I'm starting to wonder if Ghoolie is the Butler.  Just kidding...

• Haha 1

On 5/21/2024 at 8:22 AM, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

I am not reading all this horseshit, but again Tom, you make my.point for me.

If Mild Garrett.is so good....why the fuck does his mother, this "Staff Writer" have to right a justification piece?

Garrett getting the DPOY award is nondifferent than Cher's induction into the R&R HOF.

Had, Watt, by far the better player recieved the award, Only.Browns fans would object. With Mild getting thenaward, 31 other groups of fans are crying, "bullshit".

Someone might want to tell Ghoolie JJ Watt retired.  His little brother TJ in Pittsburgh lines up across from Right Tackles that only make a fraction of the income that Left Tackles make protecting passers for obvious reasons. Myles Garrett faced the bigger challenges in a world that lives by to be the best you gotta beat the best.  TJ Watt lined up from the women's tees.  

Most people that watch football instead of only listening to it on the radio every Sunday can see how many reasons why Garrett easily emerged as the DPOTY on the defense he helped achieve a #1 ranking.  One of the runner-ups Micah Parsons said it was no contest; and film will show anyone why Myles was obvious winner.

Interesting that we have some who laud Watt over Myles so passionately.  Yet Watt, in all his brilliance, has fewer playoff wins (zero) in more playoff appearances (3) than Myles does (1 win in 2 appearances) 

Watt also has 1 more TFL, a tipped pass and a fumble recovery that wasn't forced by him, in the extra playoff appearance chance. 

But they have the same amount of sacks and average the same amount of QB hits,  despite Watt having the extra game. 

Myles hasn't missed a playoff game, Watt missed this past season.  

Also worthy of note - the Steelers, with Watt starting in the playoffs, have given up an average of 45ppg.   The highest in the post season in NFL over the last 7 years.... By a long way. 

Watt is an elite player and it's fun watching him at his craft (when he isn't playing against your team). If you love the game, you have a respect and appreciation for all great players.   Myles responsibilities and assignments call for things Watt doesn't do, Watt has assignments Myles doesn't get calls for as their coaches play to their respective strengths. 

Both were worthy of DPOTY, I can make an argument for both.  At the end of the day, Myles was there for his teams playoff appearance and that recency likely stuck with award voters. 

• Upvote 1