THE BROWNS BOARD

Mangini....lost players already?

Solon16

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you know what a question mark means?

Yes..it means your trying to make a statement and still give yourself room to try to squirm out of it. I am taking it at face value that you seem to believe he is losing the team. saying the team quit etc.. .otherwise you would not have made the post. I disagree. You also make all these insinuations and guesses about the water bottle fine..... something you know nothing about..saying the players are not having any fun.the. So sue me for calling you on it... Posts like your piss me off because they are only stiring up crap with stupid rumours that have no foundation based upon anthing resembling a fact.

GDAM you are fkn dense...I've explained it a hundred fkn times...Moves like that are a great way to lose the team!!! try and fkn read b4 you throw bullshit.......I'm finished trying to explain it any further.....BRICK WALL!

YOu have explained NOTHING..just throwning about rumours.

Continuing the vein of this is about the team - the Browns - and not about anything else:

E Wright just tweeted that he's getting fined for a Uni violation (pants too short). Then in some bizzare out of body experience realizes that tweeting about it might not be a good idea, but good judgement be damned, continues with the tweet. Enjoy:

Sent: Sep 22, 2009 4:25p

"Your pants failed to cover the knee area"... Wow jus steal 5stacks from me.. Smh.. Hope I dont get fined for this tweet on top of that. lol

And I hate to be a poor winner, but you're wrong:

Elam the Proud owner of a $1700 water bottle

Sources say that player is safety Abram Elam. After a road game in the preseason, the player in question didn't pay for a $3 bottle of water in the team hotel.

Mangini fined him the maximum allowed by the league.

"I will say that I don't like taking players' money," Mangini said. "Rules are clearly laid out and clearly explained. The expectations are explained. I don't ask players any more than anyone in society is asked to do.

"When you go to hotels, you pay your incidentals. You don't park in handicap zones. I believe in that. People in the organization should have that respect. I'll keep demanding that we have mature, responsible people as part of the Browns. I make no apologies for that."

253871mt.jpg

Continuing the vein of this is about the team - the Browns - and not about anything else:

E Wright just tweeted that he's getting fined for a Uni violation (pants too short). Then in some bizzare out of body experience realizes that tweeting about it might not be a good idea, but good judgement be damned, continues with the tweet. Enjoy:

If the rules are cover the knees, it is pretty simple to follow..it isn't hard to understand....they tell you the expectation and then it is up to you to meet that expectation.

It isn't hard stuff.....it simply boils down to attitude..some parents didn't prepare their children for how things really are.

There are expectations and rules if real life.

"That's ok" and "You're special" doesn't prepare kids for real life experience.

Eat shit, you don't know one thing about me...."I can tell you held no position of authority in your life" FK YOU....Dead wrong. Assjole thing to say tho...

My point isn't about water, It is a conglomeration of things under EM that I see that can make guys not want to play for him...Number 1 being treating players like children, #2 Micromanage the passion, fun out of football for players(it's a game, have to have fun playing it on Sunday at the very least), being a dick as coach! Now some of you say it's right , some say it's wrong....I'm saying it is a good way to lose a team!

Sgt Hulka " relax Francis" :P

your right I dont know you, but your post also said "just throwing it out there" then you went right at it with an attack on the merits of the fine.

I think if any coach wants to impress upon his team what he expects of his players, on and off the field right down to the small stupid stuff, like water, I think EM is doing it right. He will teach them something along the way,like integrity and honesty.

I remember how embarrassing it mustve felt for [then Vikings HC] Mike Tice when he had the sudden realization that he didnt have ANY impression on his players when a 1/3 of them were sailing on the Love boat.

As far as EM is concerned .. HELL- if any player(s) wont play hard for him, then he'll say SEEYAA

This town kills me. Everytime our team sucks, out come the fans who don't know what they are watching to blame it on the coach.

It can't have anything to do with 10 years worth of bad drafts or poor execution. This is what it would look like if you feilded a college team. You call the plays, and some dumbass player screws it up and and makes evryone look stupid. You guys got want you wanted. Cribbs at WR and Brady at QB. What do you have to complain about? Oh wait? Were those bad ideas? Hmm. Maybe we don't know as much as we think. Or maybe we just need to put ALL of the back-ups in and then we will start beating the Steelers! Yes! That's it!

Yes I'm being a prick and I apologize but you must realize something before you get all carried away. Half of these players will be unemployed next year. Mangini hasn't gotten fired up yet because he, like most of us, knows this will be a 16 game scouting session. He's doing what he can with what he has. And it aint much. None of us knows what kind of coach he will be here but we can look at what Rex Ryan is doing with Mangini's team out in NY and feel pretty good about our chances. The incredibly strict rules are not so he can say "I'm in charge here". They are to seperate the men from the boys and find "players who love the game". How many players did he bring with him from the Jets? If he was so naive, so unfair and terrible. Who would want to come to a 4-12 team to rebuild for two years, leave NYC AND play for such a person?

THINK. It won't hurt you.

fail...

No fun at all to play for EM. Now he finesplayers Mximum allowed under collective bargaining agreement 1700 Bux ... for not paying for water? Fine them the cost of the water and time associated fixing situation...1700.00 That's just a Dick move! Moves like this cause players to quit, treating these players like children causes players to quit, DUDE needs to realize that getting the most out of a team means they want to play for you, for the team, for the town and have a ball doing it

They gave Elam a heck of a deal rather than fining him for the time associated fixing the situation...

The guy makes 1.5 million a year to play for 30 or so minutes for 16 days out of the year. That's about184K an hour. If it took them 10 minutes, they should have fined him 30.6K bucks.... that'd be equitable.

I worry about a player rebellion from the Savage players. Once that happens, no way you can you put the pieces back together. They aren't used to being with Mangini and his mini-dictator type ways as Elam is.

Who knows what the Savage players are doing behind the grassy knoll as they are used to country club conditions, easy times and bloody mary's on Saturday before a game.

Maximum allowable fine is a message. If you think you can just "forget" to pay for something and just blow it off because you're an NFL player...then you've got a poor attitude.

Got news for you guys...it's not "quitting on the coach"...it's called "THE TEAM SUCKS". The attitude when EM got here was PISS POOR and some of those attitudes have been shown the door already (K2 and Smith)....and some not. He's had them in position to make plays and they haven't. He can't actually go out there and pass block, throw a pass, catch a pass or make a tackle. You don't want these guys to "buy in". You want some to "buy out".

Mangini beat Belichick in New England twice in three years and he followed last year's victory with an ass-whoopin' of Jeff Fisher's undefeated crew in Nashville.

I hate to be this blunt but I'm siding with EM...cause right now he's the only one with a track record.

• 1 month later...
I can't believe you guys have missed the point completely...even after I've explained it twice. It isn't about a fine...it is about management style of EM. Doesn't inpire players and has opposite affect.

@ ballpeen, " Maybe you have held positions of authority but it is evident your language skills are somewhat juvenile."

the dude attacked me personally and I took offense, Asshole thing to say!

"Why are you getting so worked up over a fine??"

the fine is maximum under collective bargaining agreement....1,700.00 for 1 bottle of water....If i was the player or a teamate of the player, I'd think that he was being a dick. 100 bucks gets the message across....I don't know if the player has done this habitually and has taken advantage previously hence the MAX allowed fine but IMO it surely doesn't seem the coach has your back.

"The guy broke a rule and the team apparently had to pay this guys tab." It was 3 dollars.... :rolleyes:It is a dick move , period! Little things like this are an idictment of his motivational "style". Would you run through a wall for a coach like that?

Rex Ryan has the same team EM had... minus what... 6 players? They just beat the Pats.... Guys want to run through a wall for him. To me the difference is evident...obviously I'm alone in thinking this way....Right ;)

can i get a wat wat...

So, I've been in this forum for all of two days now, and it has taken me that long to realize that you, Solon, are just a douchebag. You make these rash statements and then get so easily offended when people have differing opinions. Yes, your original post was stupid, and yes, people are going to call you out on it. If you honestly think people are quitting on EM, then you haven't been watching Browns football for the past 10 years.

Rex Ryan has the same team EM had... minus what... 6 players? They just beat the Pats.... Guys want to run through a wall for him. To me the difference is evident...obviously I'm alone in thinking this way....Right ;)

Minus the 6 players we got, and plus Mark Sanchez, Jim Leonhard, a healthy David Clowney, Shonn Greene (who hasn't done too too much) Bart Scott and Braylon Edwards. Having a viable quarterback, plus multiple receiving threats, and a great LB and Safety really go a long way toward having a great season.

Archived