THE BROWNS BOARD

Martin Rucker - CUT

Lumbergh

I hope they bring back Aaron Walker who IMO should have made it over Rucker, but the chances are good we are looking at another position over a TE...maybe another Olinemen??

Peens, first I'd like to say that I'm shocked you preferred a Gator over Rucker. Secondly, I told you every year there is a white TE that looks good in camp and gets released, regardless of admin.

I think he has a little more foot speed than Royal.

Where is Heiden?

He's coming off major huge surgery and he's getting up there, that's why I warned people all off season to not just count him in like he's a given. We need him bad because Royal is fast approaching the "I think this guy might suck pretty bad" stage.

But what does that say about how bad Rucker must blow? If it was a complete purge just wanting to get rid of Phillip's waste why keep him over Walker in the first place? Don't get that one, unless they just didn't like Walker much, which I don't know why.

Are you serious? This is rediculous. Kid is huge, has speed, and has hands. I question this decision, I thought he was going to start at some point. I guess Mangini prefers the Jason Witten type to the Kellen Winslow Type

They obviously want blocking TEs to make an attemp to bolster a non-existant running game that will still be non-existent instead of giving the QB another potential target that could have made a difference and i question several mangini decisions thusfar...i think mangini will rebuild the browns nicely but doesnt possess the balls or football iq to take us to the forbidden....ahhh ummmm promised land...;)

Well, again this is proof that those saying that Rucker = Winslow replacement were out to lunch utterly.

Yes, I think trading Winslow for value based on what appears to be Mangini's confidence in the ability for us to compete this year (ie., not) was smart. That said, having Winslow would have made a difference for us regardless of who's playing QB this year.

Ouch Savage.

This one (cutting Rucker) really seems to make no sense to me, for the very reasons you listed above.

Can't you just muddle through this, well, crappy season and try to develop this guy? He has to have sucked really, really hard in practice for this move to make any sense. Estandia probably isn't going to make anyone forget KWII...

Agreed. He made it to 53, but then in two dismal weeks of football on Sundays (where everyone on the team probably should have been tossed), he gets axed on a Tuesday evening? And he didn't even get an opportunity to suck out loud or perform in those games. Weird, weird call.

I don't see why some people have an issue with this cut. Everyone in the league says we lack talent. We cut a guy who couldn't start for us in 2 years of developing. If we lack talent and this guy can't even start for us, then why should we be surprised Mangini brought someone else in? I say keep the housecleaning coming until we have more than 3 players that could start for any team in the league (Rogers and Edwards and Thomas).

Just yesterday people were asking why Rucker wasn't starting. I think Mangini knows why.

Because he's aweful.

This is just the beginning of about 40 roster changes over the next 9 months.

Geez. What commends this kid except for a decent college career? Doesn't everyone drafted have college success?

Crennel didn't play him and Mangini cut him. Maybe because he can't play?? No. it's because they want to win in spite of Opie. Get real. I really saw little out of him in the preseason.

That's two guys that Opie traded up for last year that are now gone. Bell was non-existent in the preseason, so no question there.

Archived