THE BROWNS BOARD

Harrison to start?

car ramrod

Unless we can show we can throw it, it doesn't matter if Jon Riggins and Adrian Peterson are back there, we're screwed.

I disagree - Peterson has NEVER had a passing game worth a crap in Minn. You can line the entire team up in the box and the guy still breaks tackles, outruns people, and makes plays.

Barry Sanders is another good example.

Of course they also prove that running does not necessarily set up the pass. You have to have a competent QB and receivers, too.

BE did catch some nice throws and .... ahem ... we are facing the no 1 rush defense. do the math (hyundai style)

BE is the biggest problem we have when he rarely does catch the ball he doesnt get yards after the catch unless the defender slips ..its time to give MoMass a shot our guys cant get seperation they cant even shake the defenders its like the old 80s nintendo madden football only every team is like the giants with LT and glove cover the browns WRs...

We are going to get rocked hard in this game...im already sick of mangina's/dumboll's and even ryans pathetic weekly lies coverup and kool-aid and im not drinking it...dumboll keeps talking about their great system and how the players need better execution within it but if you look at the film theres nothing available to execute bq will have to throw into coverage period because our guys are almost always covered like a glove over a hand...our WRs have no real gifts so now BQ must play high risk ball like DA has been doing and we have to hope he has better luck than DA has had...

Not only do these amazing WRs not catch well but they do a poor job of keeping defenders away from the ball and they are bad blockers as well or should i say they put no effort into blocking hence we never really break one on the ground or air...

We need a new batch of WRs but i question this regimes ability to deliver star quality at this position...

I disagree - Peterson has NEVER had a passing game worth a crap in Minn. You can line the entire team up in the box and the guy still breaks tackles, outruns people, and makes plays.

Barry Sanders is another good example.

Of course they also prove that running does not necessarily set up the pass. You have to have a competent QB and receivers, too.

AP is a superfreak for sure but you get my point. 8 in the box for 60 minutes typically ends up in a convincing loss.

Everyone bitched that Harrison didn't get enough carries last year and everyone thinks James Davis is a steal.

Well today we find out.

I see 150 rushing and a TD for each of them against the Ratfags.

A good pass rush. Quinn's best game. And a freaking win.

Zombo

Not that I ENJOY popping everyone's balloon, but Davis and Harrison have combined for just 13 yards on seven carries this season. The Ravens have one of the best run defenses in the league. Without good blocking by our own line, I don't see getting much out of the running game unless we rely on screens and throw in a couple of reverses.

Then again, maybe we can pull it off.... Who knows? I want to see Harrison and Davis play really badly. Against my better judgment I have high hopes. :lol:

Archived