THE BROWNS BOARD

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL

Lumbergh

Where the RatBirds showing off troy Smith at the end of the game?

Probably the best QB in that draft.

I was extremely pissed when we didn't get Troy Smith. The guy is a baller. I didn't want anything to do with Quinn or Thomas (I wanted Peterson and Joe Staley) but leave it to Savage to drop the ball at least part ways on that draft.

they both suck.

anderson at least moved the ball, so therefore it was more entertaining.

not sure what part of that you didn't understand.

Yeah, Anderson moved the ball for the Ravens. I don't want to be entertained with that buffoon throwing interceptions. I don't want to be entertained by watching him fall down over his own big clown feet with no defender within 6 feet of him... I would rather watch Quinn who at least seems to learn from his mistakes. Anderson just keeps doing the same dumb stuff. I can't take it.

I'm glad they put DA in cuz that proved the problem isn't Quinn ...look at the difference in play calling and formations...I think Daboll is the real culprit. It's almost like he wants Quinn to fail....I think he likes DA's " big arm " ...problem is he needs " big glasses " too.

The number one rule in the NFL is that you DO NOT TURN THE BALL OVER!

The number one rule in the NFL is the team with more points wins. Quinn deserves more than 3 starts, but not here....when the rest of the offense is terrible, the defense is terrible, and the season is going down the tubes....you can't afford to sit around and hope Quinn starts putting points up. DA has already shown he can sling the ball and put up points. I'm fine with him getting the reins.

The number one rule in the NFL is the team with more points wins. Quinn deserves more than 3 starts, but not here....when the rest of the offense is terrible, the defense is terrible, and the season is going down the tubes....you can't afford to sit around and hope Quinn starts putting points up. DA has already shown he can sling the ball and put up points. I'm fine with him getting the reins.

lol....yeah, DA put up 17 points today....the only problem was that 14 of those were for the Ravens.

lol....yeah, DA put up 17 points today....the only problem was that 14 of those were for the Ravens.

So you're judging him on one game, getting thrown into a blowout? DA isn't a franchise quarterback. But he's beaten the Ravens. He's won 10 games in a season. Quinn hasn't won anything, he hasn't put up any kind of numbers, and he has a worse career TD-INT ratio than DA.

We don't have a running game, we don't have a tight end, we don't have a possession receiver. We don't have any makings of the ball-control offense that Quinn should thrive in. We do have a big, fast, athletic big-play receiver that would play into DA's game.

I don't want to "groom" Quinn when, currently, we have no pieces to have him become our game-manager. I just can't see a reason to go through his "growing pains" when we have a guy who has already shown his potential in DA. A lot of TDs, a lot of picks too...and a sense that you're always in the game. When our defense gets gashed and we're down 28 at halftime, I don't like our chances of Quinn dinking and dunking us back into the game.

I'll take the proven commodity. And I'll take Eric Berry in the draft.

But we saw what happens when Anderson starts slinging the ball all over the place down by 20....he throws 3 picks and the game gets even further out of hand.

Neither QB is any good..

I don't think anyone besides Lumbergh actually thinks DA is worth a damn, but his arm gives us a better chance to win than Quinn's. I think if Quinn were on a team with a good defense and some Winslow-esque receivers, he'd be a fine quarterback. But our defense is not going to let us play from ahead. Our running game isn't going to get first downs. We don't have anyone pure chain movers like Winslow and Joe J. The only way this team is going to win games is through a shootout. And Quinn hasn't shown anything that makes me think he can win big.

I think DA gives us the best chance to win this season. Then we address the defense/running game/tight end this offseason. Then when we actually have a stable solution, we can draft a quarterback to plug in. I just think Quinn is completely worthless on our current team.

I suppose that's a good point. I just still don't think even with Anderson we can even compete in a shootout because the turnovers will kills us.

Who knows...maybe it's a good idea. The season is still young, but what we saw from 2 1/2 games of Quinn was pretty shitty offense. What we saw in half a game of Anderson was just as shitty if not more shitty...just a little bit more exciting possibly because he threw the ball down field.

So you're judging him on one game, getting thrown into a blowout? DA isn't a franchise quarterback. But he's beaten the Ravens. He's won 10 games in a season. Quinn hasn't won anything, he hasn't put up any kind of numbers, and he has a worse career TD-INT ratio than DA.

We don't have a running game, we don't have a tight end, we don't have a possession receiver. We don't have any makings of the ball-control offense that Quinn should thrive in. We do have a big, fast, athletic big-play receiver that would play into DA's game.

I don't want to "groom" Quinn when, currently, we have no pieces to have him become our game-manager. I just can't see a reason to go through his "growing pains" when we have a guy who has already shown his potential in DA. A lot of TDs, a lot of picks too...and a sense that you're always in the game. When our defense gets gashed and we're down 28 at halftime, I don't like our chances of Quinn dinking and dunking us back into the game.

I'll take the proven commodity. And I'll take Eric Berry in the draft.

No, I'm judging him based on his total work...his 13-14 overall record, his inability to be consistent or beat good teams except once in a blue moon. Everyone keeps talking about the points he can put up, but I remember 5 of his 9 starts scoring 11 or LESS points, some of those games where the defense actually kept the team in it. Nope, I know what DA brings and its time for that to go elsewhere.

A couple of things... The game was a blowout, but BQ should have been left in to see what it's like to be playing from behind in a blowout. That said, when a team is getting blown out, the coaches aren't likely going to call the same kind of plays they are initially... my guess is almost any QB that was in there and asked to air it out would have thrown interceptions. Would Quinn have thrown no ints running the same plays?

A couple of things... The game was a blowout, but BQ should have been left in to see what it's like to be playing from behind in a blowout. That said, when a team is getting blown out, the coaches aren't likely going to call the same kind of plays they are initially... my guess is almost any QB that was in there and asked to air it out would have thrown interceptions.

Dont' start with the bullshit excuses.

You did watch the game, right?

First INT was almost unbelievable. My 9 year old son said "No" as he was throwing it. He saw the coverage.

Later into triple coverage. An errant pass almost created a fourth INT.

No, at least tell me it was rust. Don't make excuses. Its NEVER acceptable to throw 3 INT's in ONE HALF OF FOOTBALL.

Sheesh.

A couple of things... The game was a blowout, but BQ should have been left in to see what it's like to be playing from behind in a blowout. That said, when a team is getting blown out, the coaches aren't likely going to call the same kind of plays they are initially... my guess is almost any QB that was in there and asked to air it out would have thrown interceptions.

Down 20 I figured Quinn would get the rest of the game too.

The game was over when Quinn threw that pick on the opening drive and BAL scored 5 plays later.

I'm thinking they just put anderson in to launch a few. Since Quinn simply refuses to do it.

A couple of things... The game was a blowout, but BQ should have been left in to see what it's like to be playing from behind in a blowout. That said, when a team is getting blown out, the coaches aren't likely going to call the same kind of plays they are initially... my guess is almost any QB that was in there and asked to air it out would have thrown interceptions. Would Quinn have thrown no ints running the same plays?

Who knows? It doesn't seem he's being given the chance.

Regardless, as Grey said, throwing it to the wrong team is NEVER good.

Down 20 I figured Quinn would get the rest of the game too.

The game was over when Quinn threw that pick on the opening drive and BAL scored 5 plays later.

I'm thinking they just put anderson in to launch a few. Since Quinn simply refuses to do it.

Quinn refuses to force throws to WRs who are both double-covered. That's probably true.

What I don't get is why there aren't more WRs on the field to throw to. That's the real mystery here.

Peyton Manning said tonight..his rookie year he went 3 and 13 and learned more in the 4th quarter of some really terrible games than he ever imagined he could learn.. It is what made him the QB he is today.. Quinn needs that experience..WE as Browns fans are getting screwed if Quinn does not get that chance. This team is not going ANYWHERE this year...does it really matter if we win 4 games with DA who gets dummer every game .making the same mistakes game after game.. or we can win only 2 with Quinn who seems to have the potential to actually learn from his mistakes and improve. It's going to take a few seasons to build a team in this town.. That's what happens when you hire a new coach every 3 years.. you rebuild, tear down, rebuild, tear down.. We have to keep a coaching staff around long enough to actually do something... Crap.. even marvin lewis is on year 7 in Cinci... Even the dumbasses down there understand you cannot rebuild every 3 years and expect to win games.

Yup im ready for some real anderception football lums its going to be enjoyable watching the bengals help finish mangini and perhaps lerner up at home and seeing DA set a new nfl interception record what a weasel mangini is to pull a guy after 3 starts of following his every idiotic command on the field mangini will pay dearly for this as the chain of ass saving begins to move and the fans are at ropes end and this time lerner isnt going to scoot out of it so easy...;)

So much for the one size fits all offense i saw DA get standard 4 and 5 Wr sets while bq was forced to do mangini's bidding in a lousy non spread set..ive seen enough of this lie filled regime to know its got to go as fans we asked for steady improvement and we recieve last years look and performance its totally unacceptable and this regime is unethical...

Rebuilding is only as good as the regime rebuilding the team and we have a problem there that needs resolved be for more time is wasted..

Dont' start with the bullshit excuses.

You did watch the game, right?

First INT was almost unbelievable. My 9 year old son said "No" as he was throwing it. He saw the coverage.

Later into triple coverage. An errant pass almost created a fourth INT.

No, at least tell me it was rust. Don't make excuses. Its NEVER acceptable to throw 3 INT's in ONE HALF OF FOOTBALL.

Sheesh.

You are being ridiculous. If the situation was reversed, and DA started and was down 20-0 at the half, do you think they'd pull him and tell BQ "we want you to compress the field, keep it very short and take no chances"?

I'm not saying DA's passes wern't poor, I'm just saying the situation is not a normal situation. The things they were asking him to do aren't the same things they're asking a QB to do from the get-go under the normal process of a game.

So much for the one size fits all offense i saw DA get standard 4 and 5 Wr sets while bq was forced to do mangini's bidding in a lousy non spread set..

You gotta wonder why they don't play BQ with the 4 and 5 receiver sets... could it be that he sucks even worse at it than DA?

Archived