THE BROWNS BOARD

Mangini keeping starting QB "secret" until Wednesday

bonedawg

This Quinn/ DA debate is simply asinine. You can put in Tom Brady, Brett Farve, and both Mannings. But until you get an O Line that gels and gives you some kind of running game, there will 1 offensive TD the rest of the year. Think about it, how many rushing yards did we have during the 10-5 season? When a defense knows you can't run, then why hog the line?

Secondly, our defense sucks. We would have had to score 35 points to win the last game. This team has so many issues and to think that one QB over another is going to make a difference is pure craziness.

To be quite honest I'm shocked that Mangini is playing into. I'll also be honest and say I'm Quinn supporter. I'll be honest once more and say that I'm a DA supporter. I'm a supporter of whomever puts on a browns uniform and gives the best chance to win the game. The debate over the QB is like trying to figure out who is going to help us look like we belong in the NFL.

Concentrate on getting line to push someone downfield and we'll have a fighting chance.

IF DA starts from here on and finishes near or above 50%, it'll be curious to see if he gets any credit from those who blame everyone but BQ.

If DA starts from here on out and the Browns finish .500 or better, I'll eat more than my hat.

This Quinn/ DA debate is simply asinine. You can put in Tom Brady, Brett Farve, and both Mannings. But until you get an O Line that gels and gives you some kind of running game, there will 1 offensive TD the rest of the year. Think about it, how many rushing yards did we have during the 10-5 season? When a defense knows you can't run, then why hog the line?

Secondly, our defense sucks. We would have had to score 35 points to win the last game. This team has so many issues and to think that one QB over another is going to make a difference is pure craziness.

To be quite honest I'm shocked that Mangini is playing into. I'll also be honest and say I'm Quinn supporter. I'll be honest once more and say that I'm a DA supporter. I'm a supporter of whomever puts on a browns uniform and gives the best chance to win the game. The debate over the QB is like trying to figure out who is going to help us look like we belong in the NFL.

Concentrate on getting line to push someone downfield and we'll have a fighting chance.

Sorry, but you can only take this excuse so far. Yes, better QB play would help.......a ton. The OL actually didn't do that bad vs. the Ravens. The QB..........whew.

Well, at least we have a new and kinda funny catchphrase: "Limited mechanics."

BRILLIANT!

("I'm really trying to raise the ceiling on my mechanics.")

I hear Quinn has quantum mechanics. And after starting out 3-0, Mark Sanchez has Popular Mechanics.

Because many on this board can't wait until Wednesday to bitch about who Mangini chose.

Its obvious mangini will choose DA to be his saviour just like romeo did and this team and mangini are beyond saving at this point if mangini had a lick of sense he would grab the 5 worst starting players on both sides of the ball and waive them and bring in some FAs...ohhh oops thats right Agents are not directing their mercenaries to cleveland because the owner and coach suck...oh well mangini you lying lowdown unhonest corrupt inept scumball you get to watch your career die in a humiliating and very public way ya cant hide what you got comin...

I really don't understand why this team would even think about playing DA. This year is a lost cause, and was a lost cause no matter who started, so why not use it to evaluate Quinn? 2 1/2 games against a collection of undefeated teams isn't enough, even though it was painful to watch. Play Quinn at least half the year.

DA has proven himself to be a backup. He's just too inconsistent to lead a quality team. I have my doubts about Quinn given what we've seen so far, but WHAT IS THE POINT of playing DA? You're throwing away a good opportunity to further eval Quinn, unless you think you've seen enough in 2 1/2 games this year to give up on him (and even though he looked pretty good until he got hurt last year). I just don't see any good reason for doing anything other than playing Quinn.

Archived