THE BROWNS BOARD

Tipster: Anderson will "get the nod" against Bengals

OconRecon

Fair enough....and my semi legit comment meant a little better than how you took it.

I understood it. I just don't agree w/ the notion that DA is semi-legit starting QB in the NFL. You and I just have different scales or just view him differently.

DA is a legit starting QB but he has no legit effort asserting or speedy aggressive targets and is streaky at best..good for lots of laughs on a losing sunday and at least he can stretch the defense all by himself as long as daboll doesnt try to script him in unfortunately he cant speed down the field to catch his own passes that hit braylon on the back of the helm and bounce off for interceptions...;)

Baloney, you just discounted it again.

Believe what you want, but it was one of two things: Quinn impressed or DA was UNimpressive enough to lose his job in Magini's eyes. Doesn't mean he is/was right, but it does show what he thought.

The equation is rudimentary.

For weeks I read on this board, not sure if you specifically made that argument, but most of the Quinnbots did, that unless Anderson proves to be significantly better in preseason than Quinn, Quinn should get the job. Now suddenly the only reason Quinn got the job was he impressed Mangini or DA unimpressed him.

For weeks I read on this board, not sure if you specifically made that argument, but most of the Quinnbots did, that unless Anderson proves to be significantly better in preseason than Quinn, Quinn should get the job. Now suddenly the only reason Quinn got the job was he impressed Mangini or DA unimpressed him.

Things change when the entire team is the worst piece of shit you've ever seen play on a sunday.

Um....that is pretty much the same thing in both of your statements. :blink:

The biggest thing that bugs me in all of this, is no matter who gets the nod, Mangina has:

1. Screwed up with his first major decision as a HC

2. Lied to his entire team and the fans about, paraphrasing- "Not flip flopping or having a QB carousel once he picks his QB."

3. You just lost all trust from your players because you just threw one of them under the bus and says it all one guys fault! It's the SYSTEM Mangina!! Your other QB threw 3 INT's in 1 half! The Off system is not successful.

4. Quinn had 2 1/2 games of a new HC, new OC and new system...and that's all he gets to prove himself???? How in the hell can you judge a guy on 2 1/2 games? (Don't bother saying he's 1-5...completely differnt OC and system and team personnel AND he had a broken finger for 1 1/2 games of those last year.)

2 1/2 games!?!??? And he's yanked? Shit DA had 20+ games...and a run of what 8-10 games of poor play, but he kept going and going and going. Why does Quinn not get that same amount of time?

I think Jimmy Johnson was glad he didn't yank Troy Aikman after 2 1/2 games into their 1-15 season for Steve Walsh. How'd each of their careers pan out?

Or Flacco... he had 1 TD and 7 INTS in his first 3-4 games. He turned out pretty good didn't he?

Didn't Eli Manning go 0-4 in his first season? Not bad for a SB QB

Then, if we trade Quinn.... we will never know what might have been. 2 1/2 games? and we're judging this guys entire future career on TWO and a HALF games????

Just don't get it..... :unsure:

The biggest thing that bugs me in all of this, is no matter who gets the nod, Mangina has:

1. Screwed up with his first major decision as a HC

2. Lied to his entire team and the fans about, paraphrasing- "Not flip flopping or having a QB carousel once he picks his QB."

3. You just lost all trust from your players because you just threw one of them under the bus and says it all one guys fault! It's the SYSTEM Mangina!! Your other QB threw 3 INT's in 1 half! The Off system is not successful.

4. Quinn had 2 1/2 games of a new HC, new OC and new system...and that's all he gets to prove himself???? How in the hell can you judge a guy on 2 1/2 games? (Don't bother saying he's 1-5...completely differnt OC and system and team personnel AND he had a broken finger for 1 1/2 games of those last year.)

2 1/2 games!?!??? And he's yanked? Shit DA had 20+ games...and a run of what 8-10 games of poor play, but he kept going and going and going. Why does Quinn not get that same amount of time?

I think Jimmy Johnson was glad he didn't yank Troy Aikman after 2 1/2 games into their 1-15 season for Steve Walsh. How'd each of their careers pan out?

Or Flacco... he had 1 TD and 7 INTS in his first 3-4 games. He turned out pretty good didn't he?

Then, if we trade Quinn.... we will never know what might have been. 2 1/2 games? and we're judging this guys entire future career on TWO and a HALF games????

Just don't get it..... :unsure:

Sorry, but you obviously have not been reading since Mangini was hired, he never was a big Quinn fan. Quinn's problems are not in the mind, they are in his awfull throwing style. Amazing you can't get it yet.

Sorry, but you obviously have not been reading since Mangini was hired, he never was a big Quinn fan. Quinn's problems are not in the mind, they are in his awfull throwing style. Amazing you can't get it yet.

Clearly you have evidence of Mangini saying this. Or at least implying it.

You do have evidence, right?

I understood it. I just don't agree w/ the notion that DA is semi-legit starting QB in the NFL. You and I just have different scales or just view him differently.

Oh.....I wasn't talking about DA...I agree...I don't think he is the answer.

I was talking about somebody....not sure who...just saying.

Between DA and Quinn, I take DA as he gives me a little more hope, but no...I wasn't talking about him.

Who is better...Laurel or Hardy, frick or frack, Bevis or Butthead??

Quinn supporters as well as Anderson supporters listen up...

It doesn't really matter who starts at the QB position. This team is doomed to be the door mat that gets walked all over every Sunday no matter what team were facing.

Quinn may have more tools than what he has shown in the first three weeks, but for some reason whether its the offensive play calling (coaching) or Quinn's nerves getting the best of him knowing he could get pulled for the first interception he throws.

Anderson on the other hand had more pass happy plays called for him. I don't know if the coaching staff has more faith in his arm or if it was just them saying F this just throw it up and try and get back into this game....

I'm just tired of the bickering of who's the better QB. Right now in this offense... they both suck!!!

Yes Anderson threw three picks.... But what good is a three and out?

Do I have a say in the choosing of a starting Offensive Coordinator for this game?

I'm in favor of benching Dey Balls for anyone that has ever at least played pewee football.

Yeah, everybody here said Bruce Arians sucked too -- before he had some decent personnel to work with.

Everybody bitched about Chud last year after an explosive 2007.

Can't make a donkey into a Stallion.

THe decline of JJ and Winslow and failure to replace either with draft picks like Robiskie Momass and Rucker along with two sub par QBs has more to do with this than anything.

I'm tired of Anderson.

But I was really annoyed with Quinn throwing that int so early... but it happens in the nfl. If it keeps happening, which I doubt with

Quinn, then the Browns blew it with picking him, and that's going to cost them dearly.

But paying DA the money they're paying him? ROF,LMAO. Well, at least until the nausea sets in...

but, with a Balt defense that gets to the qb and one of the top defenses vs the run, and receivers that don't get open quickly,

what IS a qb to do?

Not playing Robeiski is stupid. unless he's got a lingering injury... but Massaquoi sp? hasn't played hardly at all either.

Maybe only veteran wr's can play in this offense, since learning how to go downfield, stand there for about two seconds,

look at the scoreboard, then turn and fall down, then get back up, and try to remember what they're supposed to do when

the qb has a blitz coming at him like Edwards does.

I honestly believe that Edwards wants DA in there, because DA can't make plays with his feet, and is way, far more

likely to heave the ball to Edwards and not spread it around.

When Tucker went bye bye again, it was toast for this offense. With no quick footed qb who doesn't make short throws well or deceptively ball handle well,...

or a young qb who has never started.

It just looked to me that the play calling is repetitive enough that db's run the short routes just as Edwards runs them,

and Edwards just stops near the sideline and sits there and pouts at hating being a "possession" receiver or something.

I would have traded Edwards right out the freakin door way earlier, like asap after last year.

It seems that only Furrey and Cribbs (or a TE) has the moxie to run short routes over the middle, while Edwards

just wants long throws so he can up his stats.

But enough about that.

I know this, the last two years, the Browns needed deserately to have drafted a quick footed right tackle, and they didn't.

And once St. Claire moves out to pass protect wide, it is too easy for the defense to slice through the gap

past Womack. That's where a big fullback could be useful. Hmm.

But all in all, this Browns team has a lot more talent, but still some glaring weaknesses.

And despite some "ME" players, the coaching staff is dropping the ball so far.

I can't even drink or eat during a game now, because if I see one more "our pass defense runs downfield, and only comes up

to try to tackle the guy who caught the pass and turned around, gave his teammates a thumbs-up and started running"

I just know I'll just toss my food or drink up in the air in disgust.

In conclusion, what the hell do I know, but those who "know" are sure screwing things up again.

And don't forget the associate head coach, I hear he's got the bengals number.

I didn't think Lerner had it in him, but the evidence seems to be building that Lerner pulled Mangini aside for a little chat about his future.

Who the back up OC?

He might also give us the best chance to win.

Quinn supporters as well as Anderson supporters listen up...

It doesn't really matter who starts at the QB position. This team is doomed to be the door mat that gets walked all over every Sunday no matter what team were facing.

Quinn may have more tools than what he has shown in the first three weeks, but for some reason whether its the offensive play calling (coaching) or Quinn's nerves getting the best of him knowing he could get pulled for the first interception he throws.

Anderson on the other hand had more pass happy plays called for him. I don't know if the coaching staff has more faith in his arm or if it was just them saying F this just throw it up and try and get back into this game....

I think what this represents is the essential difference in the two QB's. Quinn, unwilling to make the turnover (especially after throwing an early INT), started checking down too quickly and taking only the SAFE pass.

DA, being PROUD of his riverboat gambler rep, basically said damn the torpedo's and went downfield every chance he got...and with his lack of overall accuracy, got picked 3x.

We have diametrically opposed QB's. One that is playing TOO SAFE, and one that CAN'T PLAY SAFE. Not a good mix. If BQ can learn to open it up a bit, or DA can learn to control it a bit, then maybe we have something, but until then we are in trouble.

God i sure hope DA starts...

me and my boys started a new drinking game, every time BQ goes 3 and out you have to take a shot, ive been getting preaty fuked up the last few weeks :D

Well, if he plays like DA of last year, you will be getting just as drunk w/ him.

WPD, it wasn't his accuracy. I think that gets overblown, especially on mid+ range passes where DA seems to be generally accurate.

Its his decision making. The first INT (LB's hip) and the third? (triple coverage) could have been PERFECTLY accurate and both would have been either picked or broken up by defenders for an incompletion.

Splitting hairs maybe, but the decision making should be better in a guy's fifth NFL season.

Archived