THE BROWNS BOARD

In Case You Aren't Depressed Enough

shepwrite

Anderson "didn't even have a good game" vs the Seahawks in 2007 when he threw for 364 yards and won in overtime vs the NFC West champs......

interesting.

And I've got an answer for this question

"If we’re building for the future, I’d love to know what the blueprint looks like. Coach Mangini… any clues? Please?"

Hey Quinn lover, here's your first clue...... QUINNIE JUST GOT YANKED FOR #3. How's that for a clue to the blueprint?

You are now a member of BQueer Nation. Congratulations.

Your Brada Kappa Queera name is lotion boy.

Why are you a 'Quinn Fag' when as a fan, all you want is your team to give its number 1 draft QB more than 3 season games? Thats not being a fag, it's being sensible, give the guy a go. That piece just proved through statistics how certain QB's have improved after terrible starts. Also, like the writer commented, a lot of those players were on decent teams with lots of talent surrounding them. Quinn is on a terrible team, with a terrible defence, and vanilla playcalling.

So how about this in future, when you can't respond with a clear and concise argument; Instead of calling people 'Quinn Fags' when they want a number 1 draft choice to be given a good few games to play, appreciate how that could well be a valid argument, and shut the f*ck up.

Why are you a 'Quinn Fag' when as a fan, all you want is your team to give its number 1 draft QB more than 3 season games? Thats not being a fag, it's being sensible, give the guy a go. That piece just proved through statistics how certain QB's have improved after terrible starts. Also, like the writer commented, a lot of those players were on decent teams with lots of talent surrounding them. Quinn is on a terrible team, with a terrible defence, and vanilla playcalling.

So how about this in future, when you can't respond with a clear and concise argument; Instead of calling people 'Quinn Fags' when they want a number 1 draft choice to be given a good few games to play, appreciate how that could well be a valid argument, and shut the f*ck up.

3oh3_288.jpg

Don't feed the troll, never feed the troll!

Instead of calling people 'Quinn Fags' when they want a number 1 draft choice to be given a good few games to play, appreciate how that could well be a valid argument, and shut the f*ck up.

if there was actually a valid argument for Quinn in there somewhere then we wouldn't have this Quinn Fag problem.

but there is no valid argument to support Captain Checkdown.

if there was actually a valid argument for Quinn in there somewhere then we wouldn't have this Quinn Fag problem.

but there is no valid argument to support Captain Checkdown.

1. Read that link.

2. Watch some ND videos.

3. Look at his number 1 draft status compared to round 6 of DA (don't give me Tom Brady BS).

4. Watch the Broncos game from last year.

Im all for seeing what bigfoot can do..BQ wasnt cutting it so penguini being the steadfast true to his dignity type of guy benches the maniquinn thinking in his tiny football brain he can tame bigfoots rifle and feeble mind in one foul swoop...we shall see i hope he is right because i cant take another loss....

The 2009 season is meaningless from a win/loss standpoint. So why not play Quinn, remove the tight leash from his neck, and see what we have after 16 games? Maybe we’ll discover that he isn’t any better than what we’ve seen – but at least we’ll know.

Best quote of the piece. At least we'll know.

That was my only real hope for this season: finding out about Quinn. Giving the guy a shot to build something, to actually start his career

Depressing is the word for this year, alright.

Great thread, shep. Some excellent replies to the OP. Please come back. There's a dearth (yeah, I said it, go look it up) of intelligent football talk recently. We need all the help we can get.

yep the browns certainly are circling the drain and despair clouds our being:::

there are options to their overstated qb dilemma:

2000 Baltimore Rat Birds on their march to the NFL Super Bowl had a combined QB rating of 73 (Dilfer, Banks)....Early in the season there were bounties on their heads by those fans who perceived the situation as hopeless...

Rat Birds went five straight games without scoring a SINGLE TD!......the death threats increased

The team recognized they had assets beyond their half wit QB's.......they did not divide in the face of adversity and random sniper rounds

They turned to their Defense who seized the moment and carried the team all the way to 2001 Super Bowl Champs........

I conceed they did have assets (Ray Lewis and a young J Lewis) that may superseed the current Browns talent pool....yeeeeaaaa

Hey Jamaal why don't you tell the story yourself to your underachieving, thumb suckin', non play makin', so called teammates...

just maybe......how bout it.....some inspired, proud Cleveland Brown (on the D of course) will rally the troops and face the rest of the season in a matter befitting of one

who understands the responsibilities that go with donning the Cleveland Browns uniform..

it may not be too late

Garbage time statistics are something for BQ Nation and Stat Queers to ponder, not NFL head coaches.

I usually do not respond to your child-like antics, actually you are on my "don't read assholes garbage" list. You are a misguided, wretched, P.O.S. One thing is for sure, you are not a Browns fan. I actually "almost", feel sorry for you........NOT. This article was one of the best I have read, but I'm sure that you won't get it, being that you are in denial about the truth.

And if the Browns can beat only teams that DID NOT have winning records last year then they would still win 8 games this year.

You just posted an article that Flugs should have written because he did it better.

We know that DA and the Browns beat only one team in 2007 with a playoff record, and one in 2008 also.

DA is not going to save the season, but he might make it more entertaining. Of course he made my whole he does not throw multiple interceptions in any more games percentage wise than BQ (which was true before last week) pretty week after throwing 3 in one half. But the fact remains that DA still produces TDs at a fairly high rate and that is something the Browns need.

Though I actually do disagree with the benching of BQ, as I thought he deserved more starts. I also disagree with people that think DA can not learn and that he is what he is because of a season of half of play. Allot of the people saying he is what he is are the ones that were making arguments that BQ needed time to grow. I don't think that BQ got his time but I don't think DA has either.

But I would find it hard to argue with the point that the QB of the future for the Browns is not on the roster right now. DA is not that answer, he might be the answer for MR right now though while the Browns build the team through the draft.

I think the discussions on the board should move away from which crappy QB should we start and to how would you build the team. Would you build the OL or the DL first. Do you want impact defensive players or impact offensive players first. Me, I don't think that the Browns should try and pattern themselves after the Patriots but after the Ravens. Go get some defense and then you can play the ball control offense and eventually get lucky with a QB.

A QB is not going to turn this franchise around. Build the Line play and the defense and worry about the "skill" position players later. Look at the good teams in the division, they build with defense and a nice offense is secondary. That is what the Browns need to do, and I do think there are some keepers on defense. But go out and get some impact players. Don't draft a QB in the first round, draft defense and OL play and try and get a good RB in free agency. Somebody like taylor off of Minnesota, like the falcons got with turner. Get the great back up of an even better back.

Screw the QB at this point, like many have said before. Any QB you bring in right now is going to get ruined.

The article sounds as though it was written by flugel or one of the other Anderson haters.

I can't really figure out what argument it's making to start Quinn. It comes out with a list where he's ranked 21st after 6 starts. Whoop-d-doo. It's not like it's a list of top six start performers, if Anderson had been included he'd have been above Garcia at 16.

The Browns have 2 QBs right now who're apparently getting starts this season. One of them threw for a bit over 900 yards and 3 TDs in 6 starts, one of them threw for 1400 yards and 11 TDs in 6 starts. One of them pushes the ball downfield, one doesn't.... I'm thinking that comes into a coach's thought process more than what other QBs in history may or may not have done.

Listen dipshit,

Flugel is a Browns fan that brings more to this board than most and certaintly more than a DA non Brown fan supporter like yourself so leave him out of this.

The article is true and factual and it is what it is DA is average with all the same tendancies and deficiencies he's always had and will never change and isnt going to lead any team to anything other than frustration and the reason why many here dont care to see him play.

I understand your nowhere near as annoying as your neighbor but leave those who have credibility on this board alone,your not in their league.

Rankings? what was your boy ranked last year 34th?

STFU.

Unfortunately, until there's a better QB on the roster it appears DA's it.

You are now a member of BQueer Nation. Congratulations.

Your Brada Kappa Queera name is lotion boy.

You know, Lums..... you are the biggest asshole on these boards and then it occurred to me: If you got hit by a bus, do you even have anyone in your life that would even give a shit? Because I seriously doubt it...... no one would notice and no one would care.

Archived