THE BROWNS BOARD

In Case You Aren't Depressed Enough

shepwrite

Anyway, predictions for Sunday? I hope the BROWNS win. Whether it be DA or BQ, i hate Cincy and HATE that theyre the Ohio team thats coming out of the cellar....

If neither of these guys can show that they can be the guy, who gives a f!ck about their confidence and ego - switch them out week in and week out. DO SOMETHING to salvage at least A COUPLE wins this year.

My prediction? Ain't pretty. Assuming form holds, the Browns are going to get blown out on Sunday.

Oh, DA starts out with another 3 picks, sure bench his ass.

Yeah, Anderson got 27 starts, and had an unmentionable qb rating his last outing. Until Quinn gets the same chance, STFU.

No Anderson gets more of a chance because he goes for 5 TDs in his 4th start. That buys leash.

Getting the coach and GM a contract extension buys more leash.

Quinn hasn't done anything like that.

I think you guys may fail to realize something about Quinn:

He could be making all the wrong decisions

He could be calling the wrong check with me's.

He could be missing guys on intermediate and deeper routes

He could be regressing in his play

I'm not that impressed with the article, because if we took DA's first 6 starts we could do the same for him, and maybe one day this weekend I will compare Peyton's 27 starts to DA's 27 starts. Face it, not many new QB's beat the majority of winning teams they face, especially when the Defense and running game suck!

Now I don't have time to do all the guys on that list but here is a sampling of the guys he mentioned plus DA/Quinn:

Mcnair had 1700 yards and 9/6 his first 6 starts

Collins had 1127 yards and 6/6 his first 6 starts

Gannon had 1158 yards and 7/2 his first 6 starts

McNabb had 782 yards and 8/7 his first 6 starts

E Mann had 833 yards and 6/9 his first 6 starts

P Mann had 1364 yards and 6/14 his first 6 starts

Quinn has 958 yards and 3/5 his first 6 starts

DA had 1402 yards and 11/11 his first 6 starts

If you were going to be fair, you'd maybe want to give DA another chance at this thing. But that's just me.

Again, not many QB's come into the league and light up teams with winning records, PLUS, all those losses were not his fault.

No Anderson gets more of a chance because he goes for 5 TDs in his 4th start. That buys leash.

Getting the coach and GM a contract extension buys more leash.

Quinn hasn't done anything like that.

Why don't you make yourself useful and do a comparison of Manning, Manning, McNabb, Warner and DA in thier first 27 starts. You are one lazy SOB.

DD, good post. And you're absolutely right that Quinn might be doing everything wrong. It's entirely possible he's as bad as some would have us think.

That's not at all the issue.

The issue is that we don't know and that it's IMPOSSIBLE to know how good ANY player is in 10 quarters (I'm only talking this season; easy, fellas) let alone a quarterback who has barely played.

It's just that simple. There is no denying that DA gives us a better chance to win on Sunday and no one has denied that. But Jeff Garcia would give us a better chance to win on Sunday, too, even if he just walked in off the street and put on the Brown and Orange. That's simply a testament to experience and any QB who has managed to make a career in the NFL should be good enough to walk in and manage a game well.

Quinn is a rookie starter at the most difficult position in sports. It's just plain wrong to think that you can judge a QB after 10 quarters.

And even Z and ATE have basically admitted all they care about is having fun on Sunday. And I can respect that, even if it's the wrong answer for the long-term. I'm not paying the money to go there and watch the suck so I get it.

But that doesn't make it the right answer, objectively speaking.

But that doesn't make it the right answer, objectively speaking.

And I completely agree, but I ALSO think giving up on DA isn't the best course of action either. If you told me this preseason Quinn most definitely beat our DA I would beg to differ. At this point I have to regain some hope for the season, and that means for now hoping DA can become a good starting QB.

The reason there is so much poor debate on this issue is because we all have not looked at DA with a fair eye because of 2-3 jackasses on the board not making thier case for DA.

We'll see. I want to see some comparable numbers between DA and some of the other top QB's in 27 starts. Because in 6 starts DA blows Quinn out of the water, and even compares very favorably with Peyton Manning.....

Because saying he didn't beat teams with winning records is not a fair shot. His team could not support his mistakes, which all young QB's need.

Great points, DD. And you're right that the well of discussion for DA has been poisoned by one over-zealous fan in particular.

Honestly, if DA looks like a legit QB on Sunday, I'll consider changing my tune on him.

As I've said a million times, I don't anticipate that happening but that doesn't mean I won't be pleasantly surprised if it does.

Still and all, I very much doubt he will magically turn into a #1 QB. He just doesn't seem to have any of the requirements beyond the arm.

And that's not a whole lot to get excited about given the state of our franchise. The arm just ain't enough.

I don't want Anderson to suck. I want him to rock. I refuse to hate him just because Lums makes it so easy.

I completely agree.

As long as he wears the cool orange helmet with just the white and brown stripes on it....I'm rooting for him to succeed.

Archived