THE BROWNS BOARD

Best defensive performance we've seen in a long time

roach

This was the best defensive performance that i've seen in a long time. Wimbley was all over the place and had a great game. The secondary deserves a lot credit too. The coverage was pretty tight. Our pressure on Carson was OK, but not great.

Where were our LB's on that long run by Carson in OT? i was at the stadium and haven't seen any replays of that.

We lost to the bengels, yay! Lets all throw a party!

get a grip guys, we couldn't beat a terrible team. DA stunk it up just as bad as BQ did. our defense looked like an average defense against a very below average team. thats nothing to be happy about. our offense still stunk

our defense looked like an average defense against a very below average team. thats nothing to be happy about.

It is for me.

Give ma a break. i don't have moments like this very often.

BTW, i think we'll win a title if BQ is thrown back into action. A good D is the key.

roach ( i predicted that we wouldn't win more than 11 games, and i'm sticking to it)

Sorry, but once again, I must disagree on Wimbley. Dude was stoned for 4 quarters. Wasn't to OT he finally made a play. Bengals had all day to throw.

DA is a backup QB, he showed why today.

Dude, i'm far from a Wimbley supporter, so normally it would make me puke to read things like i posted. But it was fun to watch him. In some plays they had him lined up over center in a 3 pt. stance like a NT- and he dropped back in coverage (from there) like a blanket. He wasn't stoned today.

i agree that our pass rush is still embarassing.

This was the best defensive performance that i've seen in a long time. Wimbley was all over the place and had a great game. The secondary deserves a lot credit too. The coverage was pretty tight. Our pressure on Carson was OK, but not great.

Where were our LB's on that long run by Carson in OT? i was at the stadium and haven't seen any replays of that.

It was the same problem carried over from last year. Jackson as good as some seem to think he is lost gap integrity on two of the long runs. That is a recurring problem with him, his overaggressiveness. He gets caught running to the ball and get ridden out of the play. Or, he gets out of position and has to recover and make a tackle 5 yards downfield. Barton is just slow but he plays pretty smart. At his age, he has problems getting off of blocks. The safeties played real well today coming up and choking off the run and also playing solid cover two.

They just need to get a little more pressure on the QB.

Dude, i'm far from a Wimbley supporter, so normally it would make me puke to read things like i posted. But it was fun to watch him. In some plays they had him lined up over center in a 3 pt. stance like a NT- and he dropped back in coverage (from there) like a blanket. He wasn't stoned today.

i agree that our pass rush is still embarassing.

Listen, I don't disagree agree with you the way the Browns are using Wimbley, but lets come on, the main purpose of the OLB is to get pressure "consistantly". Wimbley doesn't. He was stoned. So where the rest. Probably should think about getting Benard on the roster later on and check him out, but I don't have much faith in any of them.

Guest ATENEARS
Must not take very much to make you happy..........................

Yes, a vast improvement but to say DA had an excellent game is a stretch. He did pretty good for his first start. But he was still DA and will always be DA. Stared down receivers, hit guys in their helmets before they got out of their breaks and missed on some very good opportunties set up by Cribbs. Interception at the goal line was a very poor read. But, he showed his big arm and showed that with him in there the Browns have a sluggers chance of winning. He does give the Browns the best chance to win but he makes to many mistakes that overshadow his good work. for that you can't be that happy. He isn't our franchise QB but he will have to do until one arrives.

Today was about Cribbs, special teams and a nice defensive game plan by Ryan.

Play calling leaves a lot to be desired. They overused Harrison. When you only have Harrison, where was the WildDawg with Cribbs? Vast improvement but there was a lot of room for improvement. Happy, not quite, but it wasn't an embarrassment and showed Mangini hasn't lost the team. This is the type of game that can get more guys to buy into his system.

That is all but Edwards who was on vacation today. Nice to see MoMass step up but why so many two TE sets and WTF with Royal split wide.

Solid points. We had a chance to win that one and didn't.

What strikes me kind of funny though, of all the threads here, I don't believe I read anyone bitching about the missed 'reps' DA didn't receive in training camp, presaeson, and weeks 1-3.

Also, how did the O-line get so much better over-night? Quinn was sacked how many times in the first two weeks?

How come Cincy didn't have 8-9 in the box to stuff the run?

Yes .... DA .... he makes a World of difference.

MoMass was probably ready for a break-out game, too bad Quinn wasn't in to reap all those benefits, huh?

DA Baby ... he's better, he's our starter until a vet or someone comes in and out plays him.

Guest ATENEARS
answer to all of the above. it was cincy.

That's what Pittsburgh was mumbling last week too.

You obviously haven't watched Cincy this season. They are a solid team.

Guest Masters
we're the worst team, and they barely beat us. they suck. plain and simple. a lucky win vs pitt doesn't change that cincy is a bad team.

Anyone who watched the PIT/CIN game last week knows Cincy didn't beat PIT, PIT beat PIT.

Guest ATENEARS
I guess you're looking forward to more 6-10 years, then. Well, that IS an improvement.

Oh, we are talking 6-10 now?

Funny, a few days ago after three weeks of starting Quinn all were pretty certain we were heading for 0-16.

Anyone who watched the PIT/CIN game last week knows Cincy didn't beat PIT, PIT beat PIT.

LMFAO.

You can say that about any good team that loses. What was the final result?

We could also say that the Bengals SHOULD be 4-0 but they are not they are 3-1. They beat a good Packers team a good Steelers team and as people would say they should have beat the 4-0 broncos.

You have gone off the deep end fast in just about every post you submit.

Guest ATENEARS

Mangini gained some points with me for the benching of McDonald ... it seemed to light a fire under the secondary's ass. Was impressed with Adams making a nice pass break-up, and Pool covered a lot of ground on a Palmer floater, but at least they made some plays.

Even Wright was improved, and McDonald was in on many plays and hustled well.

Oh, we are talking 6-10 now?

Funny, a few days ago after three weeks of starting Quinn all were pretty certain we were heading for 0-16.

We still might be heading for 0-16. Continued play like we saw today might net us a win or three. Well, we did see the good DA today except for the mandatory pick at the goal line, that turned the momentum around.

Can't say Anderson single-handedly lost the game, but he sure didn't win it either, despite many chances in the fourth quarter and overtime. I'll let the young 'uns help me out here- does Anderson have a last minute game winning drive to his credit yet? Don't seem to remember one. :)

Cincy is 3-1, beating the Steelers, Green Bay and would have beaten the currently 4-0 Broncos if it were not for a fluke play. They are not the crap team of yesteryear. They have accumulated almost as many wins as they had in 2008.

We lost to the bengels, yay! Lets all throw a party!

get a grip guys, we couldn't beat a terrible team. DA stunk it up just as bad as BQ did. our defense looked like an average defense against a very below average team. thats nothing to be happy about. our offense still stunk

Brady couldn't even SNIFF the endzone outside of garbage time TDs. No way DA was as bad as Brady was NO xxxxING WAY!!! Are you Retarded or just a troll?

Solid points. We had a chance to win that one and didn't.

What strikes me kind of funny though, of all the threads here, I don't believe I read anyone bitching about the missed 'reps' DA didn't receive in training camp, presaeson, and weeks 1-3.

Also, how did the O-line get so much better over-night? Quinn was sacked how many times in the first two weeks?

How come Cincy didn't have 8-9 in the box to stuff the run?

Yes .... DA .... he makes a World of difference.

MoMass was probably ready for a break-out game, too bad Quinn wasn't in to reap all those benefits, huh?

DA Baby ... he's better, he's our starter until a vet or someone comes in and out plays him.

Like I said, you are right he is the best option for the Browns. A gunslinger always gives teams a chance. Only problem is they also lose plenty of games along the way. My point was please go back and watch the game over again if you think DA played a good game.

I don't dispute he played better then you could expect Quinn to play but he is far from a top NFL starting QB. With the field position, defensive play and breaks the team got today a good QB would have put Cincy away. You can't have the special team give you the ball more then one time deep in the opponents territory and come away with FGs.

And, some of that I don't put on DA, I puts it on some very suspect play calling. Lets see, bring Royal in motion and stop at the B gap and even I knew they were going to run right behind him.

Better today, but that doesn't even make it very good.

we're the worst team, and they barely beat us. they suck. plain and simple. a lucky win vs pitt doesn't change that cincy is a bad team.

They suck? They are a fluke play away from being 4 and xxxxing 0 this season. What kind of moron says that a 3-1 team (who should be 4 and 0) sucks? They went into Lambeau field and beat the Packers (unless they suck too) and then followed that up with a beating of the Steelers (shit, they must suck I guess as well). Keep in mind the only team Cincy has lost to is the 4-0 Broncos who might not be as shitty as everyone thought at the beginning of the season.

When the Bengals are playing for the playoffs in December are you still going to say that they're a bad team?

We could've won..Anderson played ok, it made a big difference in the offense and the defense played a very good game.

Archived