THE BROWNS BOARD

Please Calm Down

ClevelandFanForLife

Guest TheJokersWILD
Harrison's fumble was awful, but he came back strong. It is nice to have a playmaker at RB again.

Anderson's INT was awful, but he came back strong. It is nice to have a playmaker at QB again.

Everyone always hates the playcalling, either we always pick the worst offensive coordiantors, we suck, or us fans don't know a damn thing. But everyone always hates the playcalling.

The defense really buckled down for the majority of the game, but just couldn't hold them off anymore at the end. I really wish we could have squeezed one more field goal out of the offense, but we didn't.

But the offense will get better as the starting QB gets his timing down with his cast. Anderson, Harrison, Edwards, MoMoss and Cribbsie are all playmakers, we are going to get more productive as we go along. It's too bad we basically took a four game extended preseason in order to figure out who should be starting both defensively and offensively.

If we get more defensive efforts like that one (or even better), and we cut the two awful turnovers down to one (or even better, none) we are going to win football games.

I would have loved one yesterday, it was a tough loss to swallow. But there were a lot of good signs to pick me up as the week moves on. I like our coach, I like our quarterback, I loved our defensive intensity, I'm just frustrated that we have dicked around so long before we started to find our identity yesterday.

Zombo

Harrison was stripped of the ball, the Bengals defense did it's job and made a good play. DA threw into tight coverage in the end-zone resulting in taking points off the board, the offense didn't do thier job. Should have gotten at least a field goal out of that drive.

Harrison was stripped of the ball, the Bengals defense did it's job and made a good play. DA threw into tight coverage in the end-zone resulting in taking points off the board, the offense didn't do thier job. Should have gotten at least a field goal out of that drive.

What are you saying? Getting stripped of the ball isn't an awful turnover?

I thought I was giving him a compliment by saying he came back strong and is a playmaker. I'm sure he wishes he had that one over.

Zombo

Guest TheJokersWILD
What are you saying? Getting stripped of the ball isn't an awful turnover?

I thought I was giving him a compliment by saying he came back strong and is a playmaker. I'm sure he wishes he had that one over.

Zombo

I am not trying to shoulder the loss squarely on DA but he plays the most important position on the team and he is always the first person to have his hands on the ball when the play starts, he has to start making better decisions plain and simple. Harrison doesn't get a pass but I see a big difference in his and DA's turnover, the defense had to take the ball out of Harrison's hand by force,DA threw the ball right in the defenders lap right in the end-zone.

Heres the deal. the browns lost, but it was the best game of the year so far. DA did not lose this game for the browns. Did he make mistakes sure, he threw the pick. If you try blaming him for the loss becuase of that, why is no one calling out Harrison for the fumble that they ran back. From what i have seen so far this year, he honestly did give them their best shot at win.

Im a browns fan not a QB fan.

I'm really happy we were watchable. I'll admit Quinn just won't throw those passes to MoMass at this point in his career. He would have considered him covered. I still think Quinn can be good and feel he just needs to learn, grow, and knock off the rust.

But until DA beats more than one team with a winning record, Ref: http://cle.scout.com/2/905296.html , we've settled for a watchable team and a pile of medium seasons at best. And yes, I hope I'm dead wrong.

If you want to blame missed opportunities, lump the Cribbs 50-yarder that set us up at the 14, with the fumbled punt by the Benagls that set us up at 18 ... combining both situations we ran 6 offensive plays, 4 runs to Harrison, one completed pass on first down to Heiden for 7, and a sack.

3rd-n-16 and we ran Harrison up the middle.

All Anderson here fella's?

After the fumble recovery; DA hit Heiden for 7 on first down, setting up 2nd-3 from 11, Harrison gets stopped for 2, then no gain on 3rd-n-1 .... Anderson?

After Cribbs return, we run the ball for 2-yrds, then they bring the house for a sack. on 3rd-n-16, do we take a shot at the end zone? no ... we play it safe and run Harrison up the middle.

BLAME STANDINGS:

1.) O-line

2.) Play Calling

3.) Harrison

4.) DA

Gotta disagree on the sack. They didn't bring the house on that one. DA got happy feet and ran himself into the sack. Even the commentators mentioned it and talked about Thomas' reaction after the sack.

Gotta disagree on the sack. They didn't bring the house on that one. DA got happy feet and ran himself into the sack. Even the commentators mentioned it and talked about Thomas' reaction after the sack.

That was my point in previous post. Watching seemed DA could've done better on that one and that'd given us a better 3rd down field position - 3rd and short - and down at that field position, possible 7 pts. rather than 3, which would have closed finished off Cincy. Seemed the offense was moving the ball fine up to that point and could've taken the game on that drive.

Archived