THE BROWNS BOARD

Bruce Drennan

ChiefOrangeblood

Masters if you want a laugh watch Brady Quinn throw a football. Sorry you dont understand my humor, Ill do my best to dumb it down for you in the future. Quinn fans sure are babies!

He doesn't understand your humor because it's not funny, but, way to backpedal and try to make the claim of 'humor'. I can see you'll be a fun whipping boy.

Good thing DA had Massaquoi to bail him out of all of those bad throws yesterday, huh?

Guest Masters
Masters if you want a laugh watch Brady Quinn throw a football. Sorry you dont understand my humor, Ill do my best to dumb it down for you in the future. Quinn fans sure are babies!

I am pretty sure if you dumbed yourself down anymore you'd drown in the rain.

Did the Browns win?

Did DA showing anything different from what he has shown over his last 10 starts?

Did CLE invest draft picks to go into the 1st round to draft Quinn?

When you look at the answers to those questions, you can see why Crennan is saying what he is saying.

No... we all know they didn't win... but the game was actually exciting. Doesn't mean I'm satisfied, but for once I'm not repulsed either.

Yes... Yes, his last 10 starts he sucked. This one he looked pretty good.

Yes... So what.

No... See my answer to the 2nd question you posed. Because he looked pretty good, the OP has a point, and the reporter and you do not.

Guest Masters
Yes... Yes, his last 10 starts he sucked. This one he looked pretty good.

Yes... So what.

No... See my answer to the 2nd question you posed. Because he looked pretty good, the OP has a point, and the reporter and you do not.

But he still did the same things DA has always done.

Investments like CLE made in CLE all but require you give it a shot. While there have been exceptions in the NFL, what has happened in CLE is far from the norm.

If you read the opening post questions and what Drennan is going on about, you'd understand why he is still saying it. I'll refresh it here:

"How can someone who has made their living evaluating and reporting sports be so blind to the obvious factts that the rest of us see? Bruce wants to give Quinn the whole year to show what he has, win or lose. And he says that if Quinn does not work out we will have to draft a new QB because Anderson isnt a starter, but a back-up QB. Now if Brady Quinn would have come out this year and put up the same exact numbers that Anderson did, would Bruce say Quinn is just a back-up?"

So unless you believe DA is the future of this franchise, you can understand what Drennans point truly is.

I am not saying Drennan is right, but I can't really say he is wrong either.

But he still did the same things DA has always done.

Investments like CLE made in CLE all but require you give it a shot. While there have been exceptions in the NFL, what has happened in CLE is far from the norm.

If you read the opening post questions and what Drennan is going on about, you'd understand why he is still saying it. I'll refresh it here:

"How can someone who has made their living evaluating and reporting sports be so blind to the obvious factts that the rest of us see? Bruce wants to give Quinn the whole year to show what he has, win or lose. And he says that if Quinn does not work out we will have to draft a new QB because Anderson isnt a starter, but a back-up QB. Now if Brady Quinn would have come out this year and put up the same exact numbers that Anderson did, would Bruce say Quinn is just a back-up?"

So unless you believe DA is the future of this franchise, you can understand what Drennans point truly is.

I am not saying Drennan is right, but I can't really say he is wrong either.

To be honest, I thought that Quinn looked very vanilla. It wasn't the playbook or being handcuffed with the play calls. Time and time again the announcers would discuss a wide open Cribbs or Edwards 30 yards downfield, and Quinn wouldn't even look, even though there wasn't that much of a rush, and would immediately look to dump off to his TE, RB, or short route.

If he can't at least look at the field and see his guy wide open and attempt the throw, for fear that he will miss the over the top Safety or dropping LB, then screw him.

I'd rather watch a game like yesterday, win or lose, than a game like the Vikings or Denver with the way Quinn played, even had we won the game.

Yes, I want to win more than lose. But I hate watching unexciting football too.

To be honest, I thought that Quinn looked very vanilla. It wasn't the playbook or being handcuffed with the play calls. Time and time again the announcers would discuss a wide open Cribbs or Edwards 30 yards downfield, and Quinn wouldn't even look, even though there wasn't that much of a rush, and would immediately look to dump off to his TE, RB, or short route.

I thought the complaint was holding onto the ball too long.

Guest Masters
Time and time again the announcers would discuss a wide open Cribbs

I don't ever recall hearing that one.

When I don't think the team I like has a chance to win, I could not care less if the loss is more or less exciting. But that's just me.

I hope I am wrong, but I think when this season is done, yesterdays game is going to be the exception more than the norm.

I have enjoyed Bruce for several years, but its getting harder and harder to watch ABAO. He must say "We know what we have in Anderson" and "we have to find out what Quinn can do" 100 times a show. How can someone who has made their living evaluating and reporting sports be so blind to the obvious facts that the rest of us see? Bruce wants to give Quinn the whole year to show what he has, win or lose. And he says that if Quinn does not work out we will have to draft a new QB because Anderson isnt a starter, but a back-up QB. Now if Brady Quinn would have come out this year and put up the same exact numbers that Anderson did, would Bruce say Quinn is just a back-up? HELL NO! Bruce would say that Brady Quinn is the savior QB of the Browns. If Anderson were black, Id suspect racism. If Brady Quinn threw for 29 touchdowns in his first (15) games,and took himself, his receiver and tight end to the pro bowl he would be named GOD of Cleveland. But when Anderson does it its ignorable. I cant figure out if Bruce is hot for Brady, has a grudge against Anderson, cant admit when hes wrong, or just plain stupid.

Yes, but he was bad almost all of last year and for the last few games of 2007.

Drennan isn't my favorite, but he's exactly right on this one. It makes no long-term sense to not be using this year to evaluate Quinn. It makes no sense to give up on him after 2 1/2 games in a lost year. DA is a backup. He'll never be recognized as a top 10 QB in the NFL. Too inconsistent.

Yes, but he was bad almost all of last year and for the last few games of 2007.

Drennan isn't my favorite, but he's exactly right on this one. It makes no long-term sense to not be using this year to evaluate Quinn. It makes no sense to give up on him after 2 1/2 games in a lost year. DA is a backup. He'll never be recognized as a top 10 QB in the NFL. Too inconsistent.

They have already made their evaluation. He sucks. Maybe they are wrong, but they flat are telling us he stinks butt.

Yeah, DA is a backup, but that is better than a guy who doesn't belong in the league.

Archived