THE BROWNS BOARD

Is He or Isn't He?

shepwrite

Guest Masters
This argument didn't hold up last year when DA was playing the toughest part of our schedule and BQ did okay against the worst defense in the league. You play who is on the schedule. Try another angle.

True. So at this point we know the Browns have 2 QBs who can play well against bad defenses but can't do anything against good ones.

The question is whether Anderson can be the guy in Cleveland, and right now it seems like he'll get a stretch of games to prove it. Then again, we thought the same was true of Quinn and he got 10 quarters with Josh Cribbs pretending to be a WR.

That said, I supported the switch because Quinn looked to be crawling up inside his own ass, not crawling out. It was going to get worse, I think. Questions about him since Notre Dame got louder -- dump off tendencies, inaccuracy downfield -- and the Browns coaches weren't the only one seeing it. Shefter said Quinn's standing took a hit all over the league. He's likely to be seen as a backup for at least the next couple years.

Right now, Anderson entered the passer ratings where we saw him last, at #32. Last year, it was 66 and right now it's about 50, ahead of just J-Fat, who may have had the worst four game start to a season ever. He's so bad it's getting freaky.

It's tough to spin a 50 rating (1/4) into something positive, but I agree it's there if you squint your eyes right: The offense does look better with Anderson at the helm. And if you couldn't tell there was cameradery between embattled Brian Daboll and Anderson, you weren't looking. I got the sense Daboll wanted Anderson all along from the buddy-buddy between them. I do think Quinn's fan-favorite status and good looks just might put off a few people, probably on any team. I know his McCain backin' ways weren't lost on his African American teammates. Shoulda kept all that in the ballot booth.

Right now, today, there would be no chance in hell of Anderson getting a big bonus from the Browns or a big payday elsewhere. He has to win some games and show that he isn't the same guy he's been since he arrived at OSU: Big arm, bigger mistakes at the worst times.

It REALLY serves the Browns if Anderson looks like a Top 10-12 NFL starter as the season progresses, because they can start developing starting points for the offseason, like Anderson, Harrison, Massoquoi, Thomas, Steinbach, and Mack on offense and Wimbley, Rodgers, Jackson, Pool, Elam, and Wright on defense.

I was at the game....DA looked pretty good.

On the way home this morning, the radio crew was saying it looked like the staff was pretty happy with DA anbd felt like they could work with the guy on his game management and turnovers...and I agree.

A guy like DA brings both good and bad...the good is very few have the ability to throw like he does...and that is something a staff isn't going to throw away as that can't be coached.

The bad is a guy like that IS going to turn it over some....Favre is a good example.....just the way it goes sometimes.

If the team can put Anderson in to good plays and work with the guy on just when to give up on a play....if he can improve even 40%, he is a guy who can win games.

That was a winnable game yesterday.

Any reason for the loss wasn't in the QB's hands...the team moved the ball and at least looked like a decent team.

Anderson is going to be the QB in Cleveland as long as it is a choice between what we currently have. Anderson is still a young player with the ability to improve....his ceiling is pretty darn high when you look at the tools he brings. This staff sees that and is going to work the plan around what DA brings to the table.

This question was answered long ago. DA has already shown that he can not get it done and when under pressure will fold like a house of cards. He has regressed ever since he had a nice 5-6 game streak against sub par teams. After that he sucked bad. Don't have short term memory loss.

DA is gonna bring the browns into Shitsburgh in a couple of weeks, and walk outta there with our first W there in anwhile, mark my word

I still want to believe DA can be the guy and that hopefully he has learned and corrected things in the new system and with management and wont make as many mistakes and bad decisions as he has in the past..

but on the otherhand i still have a gut feeling that says dont bite the bait just yet...da will likely return to his old form when he really has the pressure on and we need him to play up to par the most...

I think he can be one helluva QB if he can just jump those 3 major hurdles he has...we sometimes forget DA is a young guy too and was thrown into quite a mess in 2007 with little preparation he also had bad coaching under the last regime and was thrown into the frey raw as hell itself and still brought us a 10-6 season so yeah with some time with good coaches and patience to correct things i wanna believe DA can be our guy....;)

I was at the game....DA looked pretty good.

On the way home this morning, the radio crew was saying it looked like the staff was pretty happy with DA anbd felt like they could work with the guy on his game management and turnovers...and I agree.

A guy like DA brings both good and bad...the good is very few have the ability to throw like he does...and that is something a staff isn't going to throw away as that can't be coached.

The bad is a guy like that IS going to turn it over some....Favre is a good example.....just the way it goes sometimes.

If the team can put Anderson in to good plays and work with the guy on just when to give up on a play....if he can improve even 40%, he is a guy who can win games.

That was a winnable game yesterday.

Any reason for the loss wasn't in the QB's hands...the team moved the ball and at least looked like a decent team.

Anderson is going to be the QB in Cleveland as long as it is a choice between what we currently have. Anderson is still a young player with the ability to improve....his ceiling is pretty darn high when you look at the tools he brings. This staff sees that and is going to work the plan around what DA brings to the table.

How could somebody look "pretty good" when they basically take almost 3.5 quarters off in a 5 quarter game? He was typical DA. Good enough to backup, not good enough to start.

How could somebody look "pretty good" when they basically take almost 3.5 quarters off in a 5 quarter game? He was typical DA. Good enough to backup, not good enough to start.

That's cool man...think what you want...when you are ready to be educated, you will seek it out.

That or you will remain clueless.

In the big scheme of things, it doesn't really matter to me what you finally decide.

Guest Masters
That's cool man...think what you want...when you are ready to be educated, you will seek it out.

That or you will remain clueless.

I swear, when I am 61 I hope to god I know better than to say something as childish and douchy as this.

I went into this season fine with the fact that we would play BQ this season, good or bad, and finally find out exactly what we have. It boggles my mind that we have yet to play him ( we spent a 1st round pick on him) a full season and see what sort of improvement and actually get a real feel for what we have. I keep thinking they will move him either by the trade deadline or at the end of the season....and thus will begin yet another story of a blunder the browns franchise created.

Hello Browns fans.

I must start off by telling you all that i'm a Bengals fan from Cincy.The Browns played a hard fought game Sunday, like i figured they would "once" Anderson was named the starter.Brady Q doesn't make you guys a better team.He can't get the ball to the WR's if it's not a throw within 10-15 yards,seems to hold the ball longer so he gets sacked more.The teams you have left on the schedule would love for the coaches to leave Brady in as the starter,it makes it easier to defend against them.Stop the run game and make Brady throw and try to beat you(which he can't)

Is Anderson the answer for the Browns long term? Maybe or maybe not..but he sure is gonna give the Browns a better chance of winning more games than Quinn is.Quinn is only on the Browns because of being a"hometown kid" whom had ties to the city and a College coach who had ties with Romeo at the time.Brady was a bad pick from the start.He'll never be a decent starting QB in the NFL.The quicker the Browns face the fact that it was a wasted pick and move on(which it looks like they have)the better for the team.Not every#1 pick works out.

Good Luck the rest of the year!(except when you play the Bengals)

Get behind Anderson..Quinn isn't the answer!

The D's Quinn played are rated high because they played Quinn.

Rivers put up 436 yards on Baltimore.

Quinn put up 34 yards.

case closed.

And the Bengals defense will be ranked near the top of the NFL after this past sunday.

As it stands we dont have a QB that is capable to lead us to the playoffs and Win.

The last time I looked we are not any better than the Titans. Look at the Eagles without McNabb their offense is shit! And our current QB's are not any better than what the Eagles back-up QB's are. Hell they probably wouldn't even make the roster in Philly.

Our QB's just dont have the Talent to be Champions. They make to many errors.

Archived