THE BROWNS BOARD

WOW im glad we got rid of Braylon!

Next Year?!

Wow that was patheticccc... I was dissapointed in the trade of Braylon, but NOW even more disspointed... that was the most dropped passes I have ever saw in a game in my life! I counted atleast 10! PATHETIC... And to all the Quinn fags that will start talking about QB ratings, why dont u go back and look at how many drops there were and how different the game would have been if there werent those

Royals 1 drop of 2 would have been six today if he comes up with that catch...

Wow that was patheticccc... I was dissapointed in the trade of Braylon, but NOW even more disspointed... that was the most dropped passes I have ever saw in a game in my life! I counted atleast 10! PATHETIC... And to all the Quinn fags that will start talking about QB ratings, why dont u go back and look at how many drops there were and how different the game would have been if there werent those

So your going to forget the 5 Quinn passes Royal dropped and the 2 Quinn passes Braylon dropped.... hmmmm..

You sir, have an agenda

So your going to forget the 5 Quinn passes Royal dropped and the 2 Quinn passes Braylon dropped.... hmmmm.

You sir, have an agenda

except that quinn actually had a good completion rate in those games(and also had Braylon), unfortunately those completions were only about 1-5 yards. he's incapable of having TD scoring drives and struggles with FG kicks.

just trade or cut quinn so we can end this headache of people who think he's gonna start for the team again, DA will finish his career with more TDs than Quinn has thrown first downs, not that DA is anywhere near ideal.

Guest Masters
So your going to forget the 5 Quinn passes Royal dropped and the 2 Quinn passes Braylon dropped.... hmmmm..

You sir, have an agenda

Don't forget Cribbs and Furrey dropping balls as well

except that quinn actually had a good completion rate in those games(and also had Braylon), unfortunately those completions were only about 1-5 yards. he's incapable of having TD scoring drives and struggles with FG kicks.

just trade or cut quinn so we can end this headache of people who think he's gonna start for the team again, DA will finish his career with more TDs than Quinn has thrown first downs, not that DA is anywhere near ideal.

That sir, is an understatement

And can I also reiterate the fact that Quinns numbers are similar to those of Manning Manning and Brees when they first began.

You know what else is funny, Quinns numbers are almost 2x better than DA's, and DA has about 30 starts under his belt....

Now thats what I call progression

I guess the question is...If DA didn't throw all those short passes at 100mph, would they have been caught? I mean is it really neccessary to throw that hard to someone so close to you? Really?

it's so convenient to say that every time but reality is the short passes weren't all fastballs today, they were just inaccurate or out of sync with the receiver. speed's not the issue here, and it should work itself out with continued reps.

Your right ..it's totally the recievers fault they cannot catch 600 mph fastball from 5 feet away.. especially when it is thrown just behind them. I saw that on MOST of those short passes.. Sorry..but some of those are on DA..NOT the reciever.

Braylon must be a happy happy man after seeing DA crap his pants for the 3rd week in a row.. Edwards must be estatic. He must be laughing his arse off right now after DA's 2 of 17 29 yard performance saying ...man I'm glad I am away from that guy.

And in a few weeks Sanchez will be saying... Why did we pick up BE... He's couldn't catch the swine flu in a cold day in mexico eating raw bacon.

Guest ATENEARS
WTF is the question on the throw speed and how fast the ball is moving?!?!??! IF YOUR IN THE NFL AND ARE A RECIEVER YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO CATCH THE BALL NO MATTER HOW FAST OR SLOW THE BALL IS THROWN!

Heiden never has a problem catching the ball..

Opposing DB's don't seem to have a problem catching DA's passes when thrown to them. In fact, I think we've seen two diving catch INT's in recent weeks.

I'm starting to believe our WR's are a bunch of sissies and afraid to take a hit.

DA played bad this game. 2 for 17 is just bad I don't care how many dropped balls there are. And I would agree that not all the dropped balls are the receivers fault, I remember 2 that were behind the receiver a little bit. But the majority of dropped balls were right in their hands and that long pass to Royal was a wonderful pass and the only way it could have been easier to catch would have been to walk up and hand it too him.

But, I remember last week people mostly agreeing that DA played well. But the Browns lost. I recall seeing people say, but did the Browns win? Well yes the Browns have won. Over the last 20 starts for DA while he has been playing horrible (and 15 rating is horrible) the Browns are 10 wins and 10 losses. The 10 games he has not started the Browns are 1 win and 9 losses (BQ is 1 Win and 5 losses).

Did DA do anything to prove he is the man today? No he did not!! But, all off a sudden the RBs can run (both starters over 100 yards in his two starts) and the OL can block. Man he is lucky that when he plays that the OL decides to play better and the runners decide they can run the ball. Now if the receivers could decide that they could catch the ball then the Browns would be doing much better.

Give credit for this game where it belongs, to the defense and the special teams. They both played great.

Oh and how many penalties did the Browns offense have today? Try and look at the positives and I would agree that Da was not one of them, but he did not make the costly mistake to lose the game which is something that you might call an improvement.

But man 2 - 17, that is bad.

WTF is the question on the throw speed and how fast the ball is moving?!?!??! IF YOUR IN THE NFL AND ARE A RECIEVER YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO CATCH THE BALL NO MATTER HOW FAST OR SLOW THE BALL IS THROWN!

If it's true that Heiden catches the ball, that should give people a clue. DA had a receiver back in college that caught every ball DA tossed his way for 2 years, the kid's sitting on a practice squad in Seattle right now, but catching DA's passes can be done. I wish coaching staffs valued route running and sure hands as much as they value a 40 time.

It has to do with reaction time. When it arrives with that velocity and isn't directly on target, it's much more difficult to adjust that quickly ... especially when it's traveling such a short distance. Basically, it's hard to catch the ball when you can't get your hands to where the ball has been thrown to fast enough.

I'm starting to believe our WR's are a bunch of sissies and afraid to take a hit.

I don't buy that for Cribbs ... but maybe the rest are ... after all, they learned it from watching BE.

Guest ATENEARS
Anything to explain away the QB.

Look, I was blown away at the number of drops. However, two things stick out: it was multiple Browns receivers and Buffalo didn't have near the same drops. What's the constant?

Maybe DA is 100% the victim here. Maybe not.

As Flugel has pointed out ... the opposing DB's don't seem to have a problem wanting the ball and catching DA's passes when given the opportunity.

Did Robiskie ever make it off the Line of Scrimmage? Who's been coaching that kid since birth?

I personally like the statement in the OP's signature the best...

Will changing the QB from DA to QB make the receivers catch the ball ?

I'd also like to see a real QB behind center one day. Maybe they would catch the ball.

(There you go OP, that quick fix might help me take your posts seriously now...)

Archived