THE BROWNS BOARD

Mangini "Couldn't Be Happier!"

BrownsFan4Evr

A defensive battle requires two good defenses. Our defense gave up 29.5 Points Per Game in the first four games. If that is involved, one must conclude that the defense is god awful. THAT WAS NOT A DEFENSIVE BATTLE.

Pumpkin Eater, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Well shoot. My sole purpose in life was to gain your approval on the Browns Board. Now I have no reason to live. :rolleyes:

I am shamed. Your keyboard muscles have beaten me into submission. What a tough guy.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wrong. When you are misfiring the ball and putting the ball where the reciever doesn't expect it, you are asking for a drop. It is why DA has so many "cough cough" dropped balls. Amazing people don't realize that.

Maybe we were watching different games, but every dropped pass dinged off of the receivers' hands. He was for the most part on the money yesterday despite the wind.

Maybe we were watching different games, but every dropped pass dinged off of the receivers' hands. He was for the most part on the money yesterday despite the wind.

Good god man, what don't you get? Recievers must adjust to a poorly thrown ball, of course it will "hit them in the hands". This was a complaint of Anderson 2 years ago. Lucky him Kellen,BE had career years and JJ was still around.

Well shoot. My sole purpose in life was to gain your approval on the Browns Board. Now I have no reason to live. :rolleyes:

I am shamed. Your keyboard muscles have beaten me into submission. What a tough guy.

This is the part where you call me a punk and tell me that you could beat me up in real life, right?

:)

A defensive battle requires two good defenses. Our defense gave up 29.5 Points Per Game in the first four games.

Yeah, and in the last two games it has given up 9.5 points per game. 16 against the Bengals and 3 against the Bills. And it would have been 13 against the Bengals if we hadn't played an overtime period. So shouldn't we be pleased with the recent trend?

The Browns are the first team to hold the Bills without an offensive touchdown on the day. They scored two offensive TDs against the Pats and Edwards had a 114 passer rating. They also had a pick six against Brady.

They put up 33 points against the Bucs where Edwards threw for two TDs and registered a 98 rating AND they rushed for 218 yards (F. Jackson had 163). They also registered a pick 6 in that game too.

The undefeated Saints held them to a single TD. So did the Dolphins, who went 11-5 largely due to their defense last season.

That's a team with two of the most talented receivers in the NFL.

But if Rich Eisen was critical . . . man I sure don't want to think for myself.

Mangini gets blasted two weeks ago because the national media convinces everyone that his team isn't playing for him and then his defense pours its heart out two weeks in a row, eeks out its first win and you want him to come out and say "this team sucks" . . . "we don't deserve to be on an NFL field??"

Some of you people have gotten so trapped in a pattern of negativity that you are not even capable of rational thought.

Who cares what the national media thinks. That was an ugly win, but, but for a strip of Harrison for a TD we would have beaten the top team in our division the week before and we've had two solid weeks of good defensive play. Areas of this team are showing improvement. Say Buffalo sucks all you want. They scored 25 points against the Patriots, 33 the next week and we are the first team to hold them without a TD. We ran the ball well this week for the second week in a row and played outstanding special teams for the second week in a row. So for two weeks we've seen good pass defense, good run defense, good run offense, excellent special teams. We've been missing only a good passing game -- and it wasn't terrible against Cincy. And Mangini's supposed to pout?

I hope the national media keeps on the Browns. The "us against the world" thing seems to be working for Mangini.

after sleeping on it i am appauled and frankly embarrassed at how my fellow fans have reacted to yesterday's win.

every person that was saying this [his team isn't playing for him] needs to watch the post-game video showing Mangini and DA congratulating the team after the win. not only were they completely behind their coach, they were elated they got the win. they basically crowned Mangini because ugly or not all that matters is the "W". we as Browns fans should understand that after so many hundreds of games of "almosts" against the Steelers, Ravens, Raiders, Cardinals...the list goes on endlessly. players have short memories and are not dwelling on HOW they won, just THAT they won. it's already behind them. they will make adjustments and keep moving forward and preparing, yet all some fans can say is "against the Steelers we're gonna get murdered". i assume the Bills saw us as a win...and they didn't get it. for all we know the Bills were playing well above expectations and it was a total war down there.

how dare some of you try to take that away from them. after watching the video and seeing how ecstatic they were, regardless of the circumstances, you must really be a miserable person to not feel good after yesterday's Browns win.

after sleeping on it i am appauled and frankly embarrassed at how my fellow fans have reacted to yesterday's win.

every person that was saying this needs to watch the post-game video showing Mangini and DA congratulating the team after the win. not only were they completely behind their coach, they were elated they got the win. they basically crowned Mangini because ugly or not all that matters is the "W". we as Browns fans should understand that after so many hundreds of games of "almosts" against the Steelers, Ravens, Raiders, Cardinals...the list goes on endlessly. players have shortmemories and are not dwelling on HOW they won, just THAT they won. it's already behind them. they will make adjustments and keep moving forward and preparing, yet all some fans can say is "against the Steelers we're gonna get murdered". i assume the Bills saw us as a win...and they didn't get it. for all we know the Bills were playing well above expectations and it was a total war down there.

how dare some of you try to take that away from them. after watching the video and seeing how ecstatic they were, regardless of the circumstances, you must really be a miserable person to not feel good after yesterday's Browns win.

LOL....like WE can take that away from the players. Are you for real? But we as fans sure as hell can feel that the team looked like shit and had a win MUFFED to them. If you don't like it, don't read it.

LOL....like WE can take that away from the players. Are you for real? But we as fans sure as hell can feel that the team looked like shit and had a win MUFFED to them. If you don't like it, don't read it.

don't read 90% of the board and the opinions of my fellow fans? hmmm. i'll actually consider it.

but don't scold them because they may be short-sighted, petty and very fickle? if you don't like hearing it>>maybe you shouldn't read either.

don't read 90% of the board and the opinions of my fellow fans? hmmm. i'll actually consider it.

but don't scold them because they may be short-sighted, petty and very fickle? if you don't like hearing it>>maybe you shouldn't read either.

lol...short-sighted? The short-sighted ones are the DA lovers who are still living in 2007 and somehow believe he's the reason the Browns won yesterday, but he's never the reason when they lose. So forgive us all that actually watched the game and saw what a shit performance it was for the most part, and very easily could have not been a W if it wasn't for Buffalo screwing up on ST (for the 2nd time this season).

You should have seen NFL Gameday Final (Deion Sanders, Steve Mariucci, Rich Eisen)--at first they debated as to whether they were contractually obligated to discuss this pathetic game and then Eisen does the highlights of the special teams only, excitedly calling it an epic "Punter's Duel", while Sanders and Mariucci crack up laughing.

And Mangini calls it a "fantastic game" and Anderson says he "did good".

in my life i've seen tens of "punter's duels", especially in previous Browns games. our perpetual anemic offense of the past 20 years has led to many a defensive showdown. it was not a sexy game, but i've seen many that were much uglier and much more boring.

national pundits obviously prefer exciting high scoring games, and wars consisting of field goals and punts don't make for great highlights. just because it didn't fit their needs for the show doesn't mean it wasn't a great Browns victory. perception is everything IMO.

personally, with so much riding on yesterday, i didn't find it boring at all and was on the edge of my seat all game. i still have high hopes for this team and try to live by the motto: Unus Dies Procul A Vicis.

lol...short-sighted? The short-sighted ones are the DA lovers who are still living in 2007 and somehow believe he's the reason the Browns won yesterday, but he's never the reason when they lose. So forgive us all that actually watched the game and saw what a shit performance it was for the most part, and very easily could have not been a W if it wasn't for Buffalo screwing up on ST (for the 2nd time this season).

and if Parrish had picked it up and been tackled immediately, it very easily could have come down to the defense holding them 3 and out once again and getting the ball back. followed by Jamal again running the rock, killing the clock, and getting us within FG range for the win. so maybe he doesn't get us to the one inch line and Cundiff kicks from the 35=same result. in our little vacuum here we have every reason to believe this would have probably happened based upon what we saw all game long.

so i say once again, how dare you minimize their win and credit it to a muffed punt when in actuality the Browns were the better team yesterday regardless.

Yesterday's game was not exciting football. It was not a defensive battle. It was a cripple fight.

6-3 was not a defensive battle? swatting down DA's passes and picking off passes intended for T.O.? 3 and outs? go tell Rob Ryan, Sean Rodgers and Kam Wimbley that. i'm sure they'll certainly appreciate you as a fan.

Guest Masters

CLE had yet to move into FG position the other 2 times they pinned BUF back against their goal line. So to say CLE would have then suddenly done it had Parrish not muffed that put is staying within any vaccuum. If anything, the vaccuum says that game would have ended in a tie.

How dare anyone credit the win to a muffed punt? Hmmm...maybe because that is what happened. Saying CLE went out and won that football game is changing reality. Neither team deserved to win that game. Based on what occured on that football field yesterday, they both should have their status as NFL Teams removed.

Guest Masters
6-3 was not a defensive battle? swatting down DA's passes and picking off T.O.? 3 and outs? go tell Rob Ryan, Sean Rodgers and Kam Wimbley that. i'm sure they'll certainly appreciate you as a fan.

I'm sorry, I guess that wasn't two of the lowest ranked offenses and defense in the NFL on the field yesterday/ <_<

That was a battle of ineptitude.

A defensive battle requires two good defenses. Our defense gave up 29.5 Points Per Game in the first four games. If that is involved, one must conclude that the defense is god awful. THAT WAS NOT A DEFENSIVE BATTLE.

Pumpkin Eater, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

i think you watch too many movies. a good defensive battle is when you have a ton of 3 and outs and punts, when either team doesn't score a single touchdown (even though we did), when the game comes down to field position and controlling the clock, when a QB is 2-17 for 23 yards and has literally no passing offense, and when a game is decided by special teams efforts. if that ain't a defensive battle i'd like to know what you think it is.

it was smashmouth football for Christ sake and apparently in your view without defensive TD's, a million sacks, and dominating rushing linebackers etc i guess you "new age" fans can't appreciate it for what it was. when it mattered both teams made stands and kept both offenses flat.

I expect an NFL team to PLAY like an NFL team. What I saw yesterday was embarrassing to me as a LIFETIME Browns fan. THAT was NOT professional football, and if you're happy with that performance, your standards are much lower than mine.

we won

and if Parrish had picked it up and been tackled immediately, it very easily could have come down to the defense holding them 3 and out once again and getting the ball back. followed by Jamal again running the rock, killing the clock, and getting us within FG range for the win. so maybe he doesn't get us to the one inch line and Cundiff kicks from the 35=same result. in our little vacuum here we have every reason to believe this would have probably happened based upon what we saw all game long.

so i say once again, how dare you minimize their win and credit it to a muffed punt when in actuality the Browns were the better team yesterday regardless.

ROFLMAO......of course I dare....because I saw the game you moron. Sorry that you live in your dream world where the Browns are world-beaters. I refuse to do that. I'm glad they won, but that doesn't mean I have to put a positive spin on the WAY they won.

I'm sorry, I guess that wasn't two of the lowest ranked offenses and defense in the NFL on the field yesterday/ <_<

That was a battle of ineptitude.

ineptitude? they held both offenses inept, but the defenses played hard. a defensive battle is not defined by how dominant the defenses rank in the league, but by how the game played out. it has no bearing how they stack up league wide when considering if the game was a defensive battle.

what do you really want my contentious, epically unsatisfied fellow Brownie?

Guest Masters
ineptitude? they held both offenses inept,

Stop right there. Both offenses were inept coming into the game. The fact that both D's held the other O to what they are already were coming in does not make it a defensive battle. It makes it what I said ealier, a cripple fight.

That game was like a fight where two guys square off jawing, but neither ever wants to throw a punch.

CLE had yet to move into FG position the other 2 times they pinned BUF back against their goal line. So to say CLE would have then suddenly done it had Parrish not muffed that put is staying within any vaccuum. If anything, the vaccuum says that game would have ended in a tie.

How dare anyone credit the win to a muffed punt? Hmmm...maybe because that is what happened. Saying CLE went out and won that football game is changing reality. Neither team deserved to win that game. Based on what occured on that football field yesterday, they both should have their status as NFL Teams removed.

Jamal wore them down by the 4th WTR and it really showed in that final drive. that's what i'm referring to.

how long have you been watching Browns football, Mike? i realize it was an ugly game with tons of miscues but considering the circumstances, like the fact we have rookies starting at WR and overall 2/3rds of the starting roster is virgin, they are showing the first signs of really gelling. half empty, miscroscope diagnosis vs half full, one day at a time.

Guest Masters
Jamal wore them down by the 4th WTR and it really showed in that final drive. that's what i'm referring to.

how long have you been watching Browns football, Mike? i realize it was an ugly game with tons of miscues but considering the circumstances, like the fact we have rookies starting at WR and overall 2/3rds of the starting roster is virgin, they are showing the first signs of really gelling. half empty, miscroscope diagnosis vs half full, one day at a time.

Wore them down by the 4th QTR and showed on the final drive? 4th QTR drives:

Cleveland - 13:49

1st-10, CLE47 13:49 J. Harrison rushed to the left for 3 yard gain

2nd-7, 50 13:16 J. Lewis rushed up the middle for 4 yard gain

3rd-3, BUF46 12:34 D. Anderson incomplete pass down the middle

4th-3, BUF46 12:15 D. Zastudil punt, no return. BUF penalty

Cleveland - 10:48

1st-10, CLE28 10:48 J. Lewis rushed to the right for 9 yard gain

2nd-1, CLE37 10:12 J. Lewis rushed to the left for no gain

3rd-1, CLE37 9:31 D. Anderson rushed up the middle for 2 yard gain

1st-10, CLE39 8:55 J. Lewis rushed up the middle for 10 yard gain

1st-10, CLE49 8:16 J. Harrison rushed up the middle for 2 yard gain

2nd-8, BUF49 7:34 D. Anderson incomplete pass down the middle

3rd-8, BUF49 7:29 D. Anderson incomplete pass down the middle

4th-8, BUF49 7:13 D. Zastudil punt, no return

Cleveland - 4:05

1st-10, CLE20 4:05 D. Anderson incomplete pass to the right

2nd-10, CLE20 4:00 J. Lewis rushed to the right for 7 yard gain

3rd-3, CLE27 3:15 D. Anderson incomplete pass to the left

4th-3, CLE27 2:59 D. Zastudil punt. R. Parrish returned punt for no gain. R. Parrish fumbled. B. Costanzo recovered fumble

1st-10, BUF16 2:59 J. Lewis rushed up the middle for 2 yard gain

2nd-8, BUF14 2:15 J. Lewis rushed to the left for 1 yard loss

3rd-9, BUF15 2:08 J. Lewis rushed to the left for 10 yard gain

1st-5, BUF5 2:02 J. Lewis rushed up the middle for 1 yard loss

2nd-6, BUF6 1:56 J. Lewis rushed to the left for 2 yard gain

3rd-4, BUF4 1:13 J. Lewis rushed up the middle for 3 yard gain

4th-1, BUF1 0:23 B. Cundiff kicked a 18-yard field goal

It was that same way all game and that final drive they moved the ball 15 yards.

I have been watching Browns football for over 25 years. Which has no relevance to how ugly that game was.

Hey I don't care about much of anything right now except the Browns won. Two good outings in a row for the defense and ST's, and back to back 100 yard riushers. Some if you are really unhappy with this Win, so I guess maybe watching the Browns play is something you may want to avoid this season. :-)

4th-3, CLE27 2:59 D. Zastudil punt. R. Parrish returned punt for no gain. R. Parrish fumbled. B. Costanzo recovered fumble

It was that same way all game and that final drive they moved the ball 15 yards.

I have been watching Browns football for over 25 years. Which has no relevance to how ugly that game was.

sure looks like he was moving the ball to me. the reason the stats don't show even more IS BECAUSE HE TOOK IT INTO THE ENDZONE so the numbers end there.

fuk your stats, fuk your numbers and look at the holes the oline created and the fact Jamal ran out the clock. the Bills couldn't stop them just like your post reinforces. but again, it's a vacuum. i'm going to the movies now. you're gonna have to find your work day entertainment elsewhere now.

Did anyone else think Lewis scored on that last drive? Seemed strange there was no review.

Zombo

i always knew that special teams could decide a game, but i didn't know it could be the ONLY thing to decide the game.

Apparently you haven't seen many games with DA as QB.

Guest Masters
sure looks like he was moving the ball to me. the reason the stats don't show even more IS BECAUSE HE TOOK IT INTO THE ENDZONE so the numbers end there.

fuk your stats, fuk your numbers and look at the holes the oline created and the fact Jamal ran out the clock. the Bills couldn't stop them just like your post reinforces. but again, it's a vacuum. i'm going to the movies now. you're gonna have to find your work day entertainment elsewhere now.

Into the endzone? Funny, CLE didn't get 6 and the replays showed his knee down. But anyway.

The point is, those aren't what it looks like when a D is worn down. You can pluck those same stat lines from any quarter of the game. That is all I am saying.

Good god man, what don't you get? Recievers must adjust to a poorly thrown ball, of course it will "hit them in the hands". This was a complaint of Anderson 2 years ago. Lucky him Kellen,BE had career years and JJ was still around.

You are correct: they MUST adjust to the ball. That IS their job as a professional receiver playing in the NFL. I am so sick of hearing about guys dropping the ball because of "how it was thrown." Elway's receivers were well known to have dislocated fingers and bruises/broken ribs due to the velocity of Elway's throws. Didn't matter: they caught the ball or they were off the team.

I don't know what's happening with the "grooming of receivers" at the college level. They all come into the league primadonnas that don't know how to CATCH THE FREAKING BALL. Like Braylon, they excel at crazy leaping, etc., but somehow the fundamentals of the position seem to be lost on them.

And don't get me started on defensive TACKLING... ;)

Archived