THE BROWNS BOARD

Cribbs on block??

ballpeen

I never trust anything written by a writer called "Big" anything....

A "source with knowledge of the situation"?? Why on earth would Mangini get rid of arguably his BEST player? You still need to return kicks. I compare Cribbs to Leon Washington for the NYJ. Mangini LOVED what that guy brought to the table.

Stalemate? If he's worth it...the Browns will pay him.

I say pay Cribbs & put him at running back where he would be a definite triple threat.

I doubt that they trade him, but if I were GM & they WERE considering a trade, that would cost the Dolphins Ginn & a 2nd. What the hey...if they want him, make them pay! None of this "conditional" garbage either.

Mike

Someone earlier in this thread said a 2nd rounder and a 2011 1st rounder for Cribbs.

You guys will be lucky to get a 4th rounder for him IMO. MAYBE a team is silly enough and gives up a 3rd rounder.

I like Cribbs and he's one of the best return men in the game right now....but no one is going to give up as much as you guys probably think he's worth.

This is another example of Browns fans overrating a player

Cribbs is a specials team player with at best 3 years left the way he plays the game

People here call him a playmaker and the best player on the team, the guy was terrible as a wide receiver and yes he is a great kick returner but no team would give you a 2nd rounder for a guy who returns kicks and is a gunner on the coverage units.

This tells you everything about the Browns when your supposed best player is a kick returner

I am so tired of people saying Cribbs can do this and that and put him in the WildDawg, Cribbs is only good in space and on gimmick plays, when he is in the backfield the plays don't work because the defense knows what plays he is running from the shotgun, Cribbs is a guy you can use 4-5 times per game in specialty packages, this is not a guy you give up a 1st or 2nd round pick for, maybe a team looking for that last piece might offer a 3rd round pick.

Tell me the last kick returner traded for a 1st or 2nd round pick, this is the NFL not fantasy football people

More info from Rotoworld, other teams interested, if the offer is good why not take it. It takes more then one guy to have a winning team. At the same time Cribbs does rock and i would hate to see him go.

(Rotoworld) Along with Miami, the Chiefs, Raiders, and Colts have also reportedly shown interest in trading for Browns KR/WR Josh Cribbs. Analysis: The Browns don't seem interested in restructuring Cribbs' contract, and they're not going to be competitive any time soon. A Pro Bowl special teamer may be a luxury they can't afford, so it's worth see what kind of draft-pick package they can get in return. Cribbs would likely require a new contract wherever he winds up.

Cribbs is a specials team player with at best 3 years left the way he plays the game

People here call him a playmaker and the best player on the team, the guy was terrible as a wide receiver and yes he is a great kick returner but no team would give you a 2nd rounder for a guy who returns kicks and is a gunner on the coverage units.

This tells you everything about the Browns when your supposed best player is a kick returner

I am so tired of people saying Cribbs can do this and that and put him in the WildDawg, Cribbs is only good in space and on gimmick plays, when he is in the backfield the plays don't work because the defense knows what plays he is running from the shotgun, Cribbs is a guy you can use 4-5 times per game in specialty packages, this is not a guy you give up a 1st or 2nd round pick for, maybe a team looking for that last piece might offer a 3rd round pick.

Tell me the last kick returner traded for a 1st or 2nd round pick, this is the NFL not fantasy football people

Sony, how dare you break down and destroy this forums fantasies. You should do no such thing. It is like telling the Quinnbots that Brady is a bad QB. No such things exist. Love your posts. You wade through the crap the Shepites post on how great this guy is, or that guy. Not enough of that on this site.

FWIW, if somebody offered a 2 for Cribbs, he would be packing his bag quickly.

Cribbs and our special teams won our only game of the season. If we let him go, we can expect years of pain from management trying to save a buck. Fans will sniff this out and attendance will decline at very rapid rate. This would be the dumbest move by the Browns since expansion. Unless, somehow, they find a way to win without him.

Cribbs and our special teams won our only game of the season. If we let him go, we can expect years of pain from management trying to save a buck. Fans will sniff this out and attendance will decline at very rapid rate. This would be the dumbest move by the Browns since expansion. Unless, somehow, they find a way to win without him.

Exibit 1A

No, it doesn't tell you all you need to know beause Cribbs isn't the "best" player on the team. He could be the most explosive or even the most athletic, but he isn't the best.

The Browns two best players are guys that play in the trenches - Rogers and Thomas-- not Cribbs. Cribbs is a very important piece to the puzzle but not the best player on the team.

No, it doesn't tell you all you need to know beause Cribbs isn't the "best" player on the team. He could be the most explosive or even the most athletic, but he isn't the best.

The Browns two best players are guys that play in the trenches - Rogers and Thomas-- not Cribbs. Cribbs is a very important piece to the puzzle but not the best player on the team.

Exibit 2A

I hear Miami is out but the Colts and the Raiders are interested. I can see indi. he can really help them be a more effective special teams unit... but the Raiders.. Yeah right...he's the one who will put them over the top hahaha. ..

I like cribbs..but being that he is a special teams guy and we are still 2-3 years away from fielding a legit team.... I think we should see what we can get.. Look to the future.. In 2-3 years when we have had time to build a team.(if all goes well). cribbs will be past his prime as a special teamer.. of course it depends on what we get..But if it's a 3rd rounder..i say go for it.. we got him for no pick at all

I think all of us feel that Josh deserves some more money. So, let's say that we think he should be paid $1.5 million per year, and we simply want to increase his current contract and give him the extra money. He and his agent might feel that he deserves $5 million per season. That could be a major impass even though we want to give him more money.

I want them to keep Cribbs, it is hard to replace an all pro. Josh is one of the faces of the franchise but if he wants big money he needs to become a big time receiver. If he becomes a whiner there might not be a choice

I really don't care what other teams would give the Browns for Cribbs, I don't want to see him traded. I do know that he is indeed a great ST player for the Browns and often puts the offense in a great position to score. He also has potential to be a good receiver on screen passes or out in the flats to help you beat the blitz.

I'm sure he has more than three years left, he doesn't see action all that often.

I think he's a little overrated as far as the whole "dangerous weapon anywhere on the field", maybe his true talent is only at return man or maybe that's play calling, but the guy always gives us nice field position and plays his heart out for us. I don't want him moved anywhere for anything, I think he is a guy you hold on to.

As far as him being ineffective in the WildDawg, that's play-calling in my opinion. If you trot him out on the field once or twice a game in the WildDawg, take a wild guess who the ball is going to? Miami's WildDawg works because they run it more than once or twice a game and they have Ricky + Ronnie in the backfield.

This is why Daboll should be sent packing on the first bus out of town. If you're going to run the WildDawg, do it right. Cribbs was a freaking college qb. Have you seen him throw a pass out of that formation yet? I haven't. OTOH, they're perfectly content to let DA go 2-17, but they're peeing their pants at the thought of actually letting Cribbs try throwing damn the ball!!!

Miami doesn't need him, he wants to be here, he'll sign at a KR's salary for 7 years, and Mangini won't let him go. We couldn't get enough for him to be worth a trade. This article is a product of journalists looking for trade "candidates" and he knows Cribbs wants a new deal and is speculating that he may just get traded. If Cribbs were vocal about his dissatisfaction than yeah maybe. But he's a true professional and the only big play threat we have; he's staying put. It's all speculation just like every trade rumor this time of year. I can't see him going anywhere, he's the core of our ST and will never cost too much to keep.

Guest CardDawg
Miami doesn't need him, he wants to be here, he'll sign at a KR's salary for 7 years, and Mangini won't let him go. We couldn't get enough for him to be worth a trade. This article is a product of journalists looking for trade "candidates" and he knows Cribbs wants a new deal and is speculating that he may just get traded. If Cribbs were vocal about his dissatisfaction than yeah maybe. But he's a true professional and the only big play threat we have; he's staying put. It's all speculation just like every trade rumor this time of year. I can't see him going anywhere, he's the core of our ST and will never cost too much to keep.

I agree. he is under contract, right? he either plays or doesn't and gets fined. i agree that the media knows he is a fan favorite and is just being typical cleveland media and stirring the pot for attention. you can only write about lebron james so many times.

This is why Daboll should be sent packing on the first bus out of town. If you're going to run the WildDawg, do it right. Cribbs was a freaking college qb. Have you seen him throw a pass out of that formation yet? I haven't. OTOH, they're perfectly content to let DA go 2-17, but they're peeing their pants at the thought of actually letting Cribbs try throwing damn the ball!!!

Cribbs threw a touchdown pass a season or two ago

Archived