THE BROWNS BOARD

Jamal's Pitter-Patter Needs more than oil

Flugel

Hard to tell what's more useless:

A passing game with receivers that can't catch or a 245 pound RB that looks like the pigskin gave him the swine flu every time he got a handoff. At least we have an alternative to Jamal that shows me he runs alot harder than a Travolta Tap dance. It's just taking Jamal too long to get to the line of scrimmage for him to be effective vrs FAST defenses in this league. Buffalo was the lone exception to the rule, which provided a temporary false positive. I think we run the ball better when Harrison is the starter and I know our chances of breaking off a long TD run increase considerably.

As for the passing game, we've already seen that changing QBs didn't work. We can pretend 100% of our problems all go to the guy passing the ball BUT who would you throw the ball to? Seriously folks, in the last 3 weeks if we did the percentages of DBs catching DA's passes vrs the percentages of our WRs - the DBs got GREAT hands and our receivers had stonehands. If you're making 6 figures in today's economy to catch passes - you HAVE to be prepared to catch those that touch your hands on Sunday. Excuses and hate for DA doesn't change reality in any way, shape or form. We ALL have to work 8 hour days so maybe they need to spend 6 hours after practice proving they deserve 6 figures catching passes. We're the WORST team at coming back to the ball as evidenced when Polly closed on his INT while our WR watched the show.

Aside from that, I'm not sure WHY this organization doesn't have Marvin Harrison signed by now. Are you kidding me? I'd even take a chance on Matt Jones at this point. We don't have a #1 WR right now and I think we saw the difference in MoMass when he was covered by a 2nd best corner instead of their best corner (vrs Cincy). As a rookie, that's gotta be a huge difference.

Before we revert back to wanting to fire all 5 blockers upfront -

1) NOBODY runs on Pittsburgh and

2) There were some holes had we started a RB instead of a tap dancer

3) Joe Thomas shut out another All pro caliber pass rusher from sacking the QB

- Tom F.

I don't get it, even in the WildDawg we went with Boo-Boo the dancing Bear.

He's averaging 6-steps per yard ...

It's beyond me. My guess is they want some degree of veteran leadership since cleaning house of all the long term vets in 1 year is pretty unrealistic. At least Jamal brings some work ethic and desire. He just doesn't have the talent anymore to be the work horse IMO. I REALLY wish they'd give Harrison more carries because the threat of breaking one increases and he reaches the holes while there is still daylight.

I'm just not used to seeing 245 pound guys looking like Conan but running like Pee Wee Herman.

- Tom F.

I could see going back to Jamal against Buffalo under the whole, "Can't lose your job to an injury" thingie.

But yesterday was bizaar. They had Harrison in for Blitz pick-up assignments, and the dancing bear in to run off the WildDawg.

I remember my daughters having a similar running style when they were toddlers and desperate for the toilet. It is strange that we keep thinking that we are going to win games handing off to Boo Boo who seems programmed to run up Mack's arse on every down.

Still choking on my coffee from JL's new nick name. Stan, you are harsh man! ROLMAO! Howie.

He is the biggest back in our roster and he is the only one who looks like he can take on the blitz. I did not watch yesterdays game , but i was hearing it in the radio while i was driving and i heard the commentary that JH could not get the job done while picking up blitzes. We need some bigger RB before we cut JL.

Dolphins signed RB Kory Sheets off the 49ers' practice squad.

Fantasy Spin: Sheets, a speedster with good hands but no pass-blocking ability, will likely be a game-day inactive in Miami as the fourth-string running back.

Parcells knows talent....can we hire him to Draft?

then you remember wrong.....but i'd be glad to see where i said it. although, i agree that we shouldn't have picked him up.

what good does another fast, piss-poor blocking RB do for us?

you seem to think bringing in FA will help, so that tells me you know nothing of the problems that really plague this team.

then you remember wrong.....but i'd be glad to see where i said it. although, i agree that we shouldn't have picked him up.

what good does another fast, piss-poor blocking RB do for us? (gain yards?)

you seem to think bringing in FA will help, so that tells me you know nothing of the problems that really plague this team.

Running back...(Cedric benson would have made this team better)plagues this team....have said so for two years, taking two wr's and a project DE/LB when three Rt (starting in the nfl now as rookies) were on the board, hmmm you must be right? NOPE! This regime scares the crap out of me in there eval process....all to date haven't worked at all....david patten? robert royal? st. clair? Womack? furrey? Poteat? Hood? .....they have to get a hell of alot better for me to change my position

Flugs...remember all the shit i took for wanting to cut tippy toes....? He sucks!

LOL! Yes, I echoed alot of your sentiment in the preseason Solon. Even though he had a decent day vrs Buffalo - I couldn't help but wonder which of those gigantic holes were TDs for Harrison. While I'm at it, the YOUNGER Jamal that lit us up for 500 yards in just 6 quarters - would have toasted the Bills' run defense for about 250 yards. This isn't that guy or anything close or he wouldn't have been available in the same division. Ozzie isn't stupid. I don't think Lewis can bend much any more. Have you seen him try to reach down to catch a pass? He doesn't run with leverage or body lean any more because I think his ankles are shotso. IMO, Harrison moves a pile better because of the mere physics of it all.

The unfortunate thing is we are emaciated in depth at RB so I think we need to make the best having Jamal here. I won't mind having him here with a smaller role. We just can't OVER feature this guy against legit defenses or we're just making things 10x more difficult than they need to be. The Cribbs idea is very IMO - but I'd rather know he's takign reps away from Jamal than Harrison.

- Tom F.

The whole teams knows we dont stand a chance this year. I see it like this. Would you want your nicest car in the race running the risk of crashing it even though you know your going to come in last place anyways or would you rather have last years model out there taking a beating? Yes you still have to break that new car in but it doesnt have to be for the whole race or something along those lines lol

Archived