THE BROWNS BOARD

BQ To Be Traded?

BrownsFan4Evr

i hope they do trade quinn. we need all the help we can get, now and for the future. a true running back or more picks, either one. it's not that i don't like the kid, it's that he has no arm. dinking and dunking all game is bull. name the games that were most exciting yesterday and why. they all had qb's that could throw the ball downfield. quinn has proven he can't. anderson can.....but it's like he's just a dolt. if he had more smarts and some touch on his passes he could be good. unfortunately after bradford went down on saturday my hopes for a young TALENTED qb coming to cleveland next year took a shot in the gut. trade quinn, make da got to summer school and solidify the o line. we need a stud rb. first pick.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Mangini put Quinn in and he played like he did the first 3 games, he would lose the team. The teams shown to much improvement the last couple weeks to chance losing the team. We just need to move forward with getting better every week and let Anderson manage the game instead of trying to score every play with a deep ball. DA has shown he's making better decisions with the ball the last couple games and with Anderson in, we atleast go into games with a chance to win, with Quinn I dont have that same feeling

these kinds of comments come from the folks who didn't watch the Browns in weeks 1-3

If there's an NFL General Manager who is as gullible as these types of people, then cross your fingers and hope Kokinis finds him.

I think this comment is based on someone who WATCHED weeks 4-6 rather than missing weeks 1-3.

If Mangini put Quinn in and he played like he did the first 3 games, he would lose the team. The teams shown to much improvement the last couple weeks to chance losing the team. We just need to move forward with getting better every week and let Anderson manage the game instead of trying to score every play with a deep ball. DA has shown he's making better decisions with the ball the last couple games and with Anderson in, we atleast go into games with a chance to win, with Quinn I dont have that same feeling

You're :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

You're :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Naw man, you obviously didn't watch the first three games. the team does not play for Quinn the same way they play for Anderson. Anderson may or may not be here next year. Quinn most likely will not be. maybe in an organization with the core built Quinn could be a good QB, here in Cleveland he won't be.

You really believe that?

absolutely 100%, he doesnt throw 50 yard jump balls 10 times a game anymore, no more throwing into triple coverage. He actually try's to hit his check downs, still needs some work on the touch though. There was probably 3 third down passes that were dropped yesterday that would've sustained drives. If you haven't seen improvement in DA's decision making your not watching the same game I am

absolutely 100%, he doesnt throw 50 yard jump balls 10 times a game anymore, no more throwing into triple coverage. He actually try's to hit his check downs, still needs some work on the touch though. There was probably 3 third down passes that were dropped yesterday that would've sustained drives. If you haven't seen improvement in DA's decision making your not watching the same game I am

I guess not.

Naw man, you obviously didn't watch the first three games. the team does not play for Quinn the same way they play for Anderson.

i havn't noticed any improvement in our offense when DA took over. not sure how you came to this conclusion. in fact we have been doing worse, possibly the same, but its been masked by bad teams. you saw what da did when he came in vs balt. that was no improvement, as bad as BQ was, we have taken some large steps backwards since DA because qb.

i havn't noticed any improvement in our offense when DA took over. not sure how you came to this conclusion. in fact we have been doing worse, possibly the same, but its been masked by bad teams. you saw what da did when he came in vs balt. that was no improvement, as bad as BQ was, we have taken some large steps backwards since DA because qb.

I dunno maybe it was something called touchdowns that clouded my judgement. silly me

It all comes down to respect. Maybe the team respects DA more then BQ. Maybe they know something we dont? We all know BQ has a great work ethic but is he doing it to be a better player for the team or is he doing it for himself? The team has a better idea then any of us ever will and its starting to show.

I dunno maybe it was something called touchdowns that clouded my judgement. silly me

he couldn't get a td against buffalo. who arn't what i call winners. same with cinci and pitt. neither are great teams this year by a long shot.

bq put a TD in against minni, which everyone discounts. looks like pretty similar results, but against worse teams. of which da has a far worse passer rating and accuracy against than bq did against balt, mini, and denver. all of which are far better than cincy, buffalo and pitt. don't forget da came in and threw 3 picks in a half, against a team that quinn was currently 6-8 against, and only 1 pick.

no where in our last 3 games do i see an improvement. and there certainly isn't any proof that the team is playing harder for DA.

2-17 and 10-24 arn't what i would call an improvement.

no throws into triple coverage?? What games have you been watching.. double coverage, triple coverage. or just throwing it to a guy who is completely covered..nothing has changed. DA is a bum.

do you know why everybody discounts a TD pass in the final 30 seconds of a 3 TD blowout?

You know that if your "boy" had done that you would be all over it.

DA was done two years ago. I'm still surprised that Mangini split this team up with a QB controversy. If he did not like either QB he could have picked up alot of other QBs out there. The fact that they spent so much to get Quinn and the way DA played in the past (way overrated for 1/2 a good season) they should have stuck with Quinn and let him get the experience. It would have paid off for the future and DA should have been traded for anything they could get.

your actually right, DA lost the preseason comp. he shoulda been traded, and mangini shoulda followed what he said, given the winner the whole season. if BQ didn't show that he coudl improve, you make a move for a new qb, simple as that. you never keep the loser of a qb contro, or you get the results we have had for the past 10 years. the wildest thing tho in all this is mangini has chosen to play the QB that is doing worse. where most people would play the better QB. its like a bizzaro world

imo:

mangini is in damage control mode........he is a pragmatist who understands that the w's are going to be slim this year ..

he knows his talent level is medicore at best....

forced to play a 3 yr past prime rb who has lost his mojo and is scared to take hits..

forced to play wr's who want to earn but DON'T have any desire to SACRIFICE their bodies and have NEVER learned how to take a hit.....not keepers

forced to be on the same sideline with a young egomanic, malcontent QB who should not be playing in this Sunday league who will be pitching universal life insurance and 401k's in a few years....

it is hard to remember that the primary objective is to drain the swamp when you are up to your ass in alligators.....

i don't think mangini is a quitter......i am beginnning to sense that he has the ablity to return the glory to his team and the Browns fanbase who deserve it more than any other in the entire effing

solar system including all the milky ways and paydays........i quit pimpin' years ago but put urself in Coach M's shoes for a moment......da horror

Read this from erie pa writer....lol

I would imagine Quinn feels like the oil tanker captain who went on vacation the week before the Exxon Valdez accident and returned to find out the drunk guy who drove the ship into the reef was keeping his job.

Ya, that sounds about right, the one thing you have to keep in mind with both qbs is that we are leading the lead in drops by so much right now that if they don't drop another one for the rest of the year we will still probably finish first in that category

It all comes down to respect. Maybe the team respects DA more then BQ. Maybe they know something we dont? We all know BQ has a great work ethic but is he doing it to be a better player for the team or is he doing it for himself? The team has a better idea then any of us ever will and its starting to show.

Gee, I must have missed the "show". :rolleyes:

your actually right, DA lost the preseason comp. he shoulda been traded, and mangini shoulda followed what he said, given the winner the whole season. if BQ didn't show that he coudl improve, you make a move for a new qb, simple as that. you never keep the loser of a qb contro, or you get the results we have had for the past 10 years. the wildest thing tho in all this is mangini has chosen to play the QB that is doing worse. where most people would play the better QB. its like a bizzaro world

I almost wonder if Mangini knew quinn would fail that horribly, because DA has unfortunately played pretty well if you discount 14 drops in the last two weeks. The fact is, no matter what qb you run out their on sundays, if you can't establish the run and your receivers can't catch, they will fail. Back to BQ for a second, with as bad as he looked in the first 2 1/2 games this year, even i can't support putting him back in, and thats sad, because at the beginning of the year i was a devout supporter of him at the beginning of the year and have been off the DA band wagon since late in 2007.

I almost wonder if Mangini knew quinn would fail that horribly, because DA has unfortunately played pretty well if you discount 14 drops in the last two weeks. The fact is, no matter what qb you run out their on sundays, if you can't establish the run and your receivers can't catch, they will fail. Back to BQ for a second, with as bad as he looked in the first 2 1/2 games this year, even i can't support putting him back in, and thats sad, because at the beginning of the year i was a devout supporter of him at the beginning of the year and have been off the DA band wagon since late in 2007.

DA has looked bad in more than 2 1/2 games there buddy a hell of a lot more. :wacko:

ditto.

Archived