THE BROWNS BOARD

Could DA end up with the worst QB rating EVER in a season

Lollygagger

DA currently has a QB rating of 41 (that's not a typo), 41. The previous consensus worst QB D. Russell is at 51.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tab...;seasonType=REG

I couldn't find the all time worst QB rating for an entire season online (it likely requires something like 150 throws to qualify).

This isn't a BQ verses DA thread, just wondering.

DA is the most overhyped Qb in Browns history by some these guys....The dude absolutely fking SUCKS....BQ is fking unwatchable....when will these posters wake the fk up and realize we have to get US a Franchise QB....it's unbelievable there is anything other than OUR QB"S SUCK .......not which one sucks the least!!! Christ I don't want to hear we need more Oline to make either of these stiffs better....We need A QB! Jake Locker gets my vote....not even a hesitation! If he is there when we pick(assuming he comes out) and we don't draft him...Im the xxxx outta hear! 41 years of this fkn BS....which sucky QB is better....GEEZZZZZ

I can agree that neither QB is a franchise QB. Have said that for a long time. What I say is not to draft a QB next season because there are more important areas that a player could make an impact in on this team. If you get rid of both QBs that is fine just bring in a veteran. The team needs LBers, Line help on both offense and defense, a RB, a TE and a pass rusher. And yes they need a franchise QB also. But I would get the other positions first and if you don't like DA then bring in a veteran and draft a QB in 2011.

Of course if you feel a franchise QB slips to you in the second or third round then I would be all for it. But first round you need impact defensive player.

And I say Bullseet...QB is the essential ingredient of a NFL team....we absofkinglutely need that position first....ESPECIALLY if we pick in top 5....ESPECIALLY!

Your "more needs philosophy is why we never have a QB worth a damn....if you pick in top 5 it is because your fking QB's suck ass...you aren't going to get a second or third round Qb the likes of a top 10 pick...just aren't.... do the math....aside from Brady(fluke of epic proportion) Ryan, Flacco,Eli, Rivers, Rothlis, peyton,Mcnabb, etc etc...good teams have a franchise Qb....most important thing in the NFL...it is a QB driven league and has been for last 30 years!

I only favor DA because I feel he distributes the ball better, gives us a deep threat, and the offense seems to not necessarily be better with him in, but let's say it opens more up for area's such as our running game. It helps our O-line that he has a quick release and gets rid of the ball faster.

I can't help thinking about just how bad every aspect of our team was after week #2 or #3. DA may go down as the worst QB rating in the World, but that team after week #2 & #3 was the worst 'TEAM' I have ever seen in the NFL, and I've seen some bad ones in this decade.

NOTE: I think the QB rating is kind of gay. I prefer to watch the games and get a feel.

NOTE 2: I'm not going to mention dropped passes here (opps... snap!)

I would like to add that it is perfectly fine to discuss QB's here. It's the way that they are discussed that has been the problem in the past. Stick to the subject and not attack the messenger and play nice boys-n-girls.

That Brady Quinn Homo forum is trying so hard not to talk about QB's that their assholes are puckered shut so much so that they are ready to explode.

It's ok TheBrownsBoard members, just use your head. If your coming here with a past vendetta, I'd think again about hitting reply.

Bring some info and/or opinion about either side, not just flame.

this QB talk ain't the life or death of the Browns or Browns fans for that matter. Be brothers, be nice.

Lead by example.

Good Luck.

Thanks.

I only favor DA because I feel he distributes the ball better, gives us a deep threat, and the offense seems to not necessarily be better with him in, but let's say it opens more up for area's such as our running game. It helps our O-line that he has a quick release and gets rid of the ball faster.

I can't help thinking about just how bad every aspect of our team was after week #2 or #3. DA may go down as the worst QB rating in the World, but that team after week #2 & #3 was the worst 'TEAM' I have ever seen in the NFL, and I've seen some bad ones in this decade.

NOTE: I think the QB rating is kind of gay. I prefer to watch the games and get a feel.

NOTE 2: I'm not going to mention dropped passes here (opps... snap!)

Ate, seriously? Distributes the ball better? If the opposing team is included, I guess you're right.

Could it POSSIBLY be that our opposition in the first 3 games was much tougher than our last 3?

Your bias is frustrating to say the least.

Ate, seriously? Distributes the ball better? If the opposing team is included, I guess you're right.

Could it POSSIBLY be that our opposition in the first 3 games was much tougher than our last 3?

I don't know if we will see a stat that supports my theory that he distributes it better, but let me re-phrase it. He makes attemps more/different throws. For one, he might have only thrown it down field once per game, but he's thrown/attempted it down field at lesat once per game.

Yes the competition was better when perhaps BQ was in. I'm sure someone may parade out passing attacks levied on any team we've faced this season, but I like Anderson in there still.

I'm sorry, I really ain't a Brady Quinn basher, I just got tired of waiting for him to do something. He was boring as hell. I do believe/hope he gets another chance.

Go Brady! (big jump, spread, touch toes, land, bounce-up, clap, extend arms up in air ... pump fist )

The same could be said about the first three games last year when DA was recovering from a concussion. The Number 1, 2 and 10 defense in the league (not sure on Dallas). Of course that does not excuse the number of incomplete passes the past two weeks. But if the receivers dropped a normal amount of balls, call it three a game then I think Da completes 10 more passes. Not sure what that would do to his rating.

But if you are just looking at this year, Denver Number 2 (BQ); Pittsburgh 3 (DA); Baltimore 17 (both); Minnesota 18 (BQ) ; Cincy 19 (DA) and Buffalo 21 (DA)

Would say that neither Qb has faced the best defenses in the league thus far. Both have faced a top 3 team and both have faced teams rated 18 to 21. The offense looked horrible the first 3 weeks of the season, and though it has not looked great since it has at least looked like an NFL offense.

Record wise the first three have better records but they don't have better defenses.

In games started this year DA has 2 TDs and 3 interceptions (Has three ints against Baltimore, game not started)

In games start this year BQ has 1 TD (in garbage time) and 3 interceptions

As a starter I guess I just don't see how DA throws more to the other team than BQ. And EVEN if you throw in the 3 ints against Baltimore he is still throwing ints to TDs at the same rate as BQ.

I am going to agree with solon, that neither QB is the franchise, but I will go with the coaches in saying that DA at least makes the offense look like it might score. With BQ the only time the offense looked like it might score was against the prevent defense.

DA currently has a QB rating of 41 (that's not a typo), 41. The previous consensus worst QB D. Russell is at 51.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tab...;seasonType=REG

I couldn't find the all time worst QB rating for an entire season online (it likely requires something like 150 throws to qualify).

This isn't a BQ verses DA thread, just wondering.

He very well could.

At least you all seem to have a sense of humor about it.

Problem is picking a "franchise" QB is a hit and miss gamble. You never know who it will be. Lots of great college Quarterbacks bomb in the NFL.

SO WHAT? When you hit...you are a playoff team year in and year out...worth the risk everytime!

SO WHAT? When you hit...you are a playoff team year in and year out...worth the risk everytime!

So, if we chose Sanchez, we would be a playoff team year in and year out? Bullshit. My point is you don't know. It's a gamble. And without other players who were also great, we would still have a great Quarterback being sacked, chased all over the field and humiliated every play.

So, if we chose Sanchez, we would be a playoff team year in and year out? Bullshit. My point is you don't know. It's a gamble. And without other players who were also great, we would still have a great Quarterback being sacked, chased all over the field and humiliated every play.

Don't know if sanchez is a hit yet...do you? I do know, rothlis, flacco, ryan, eli and rivers are "hits"

I would like to add that it is perfectly fine to discuss QB's here. It's the way that they are discussed that has been the problem in the past. Stick to the subject and not attack the messenger and play nice boys-n-girls.

That Brady Quinn Homo forum is trying so hard not to talk about QB's that their assholes are puckered shut so much so that they are ready to explode.

From what I can tell, both boards are talking about the QB situation. However, the other one is putting a lot more focus on scouting potential franchise QB's.

For a comparison, this board's Jake Locker thread includes 17 posts. The one on the 'That Brady Quinn Homo Forum' has 103 post (and once I get back to it, will have 104).

This isn't to say that one board's better than the other. Just that a lot of people here seem to be priding themselves on a QB discussion that, if they don't start focusing on the college QB's now, won't be all that substantive once the discussion shifts to who should be the Browns' next QB.

And Quinn set how many ND records when he was there? How high did he finish in the Heisman voting?

How great did Rick Mirer look at ND and how did that turn out in the NFL?

Quinn was thought to be the savior and I still think he could be a very good NFL quarterback, but it won't happen in Cleveland unless Anderson gets hurt and he has another chance to play here. Otherwise, we're stuck with DA the rest of the way and it's either Andersons team or they're both gone next year and we have a new QB either via the draft or free agency or both.

DA is the most overhyped Qb in Browns history by some these guys....The dude absolutely fking SUCKS....BQ is fking unwatchable....when will these posters wake the fk up and realize we have to get US a Franchise QB....it's unbelievable there is anything other than OUR QB"S SUCK .......not which one sucks the least!!! Christ I don't want to hear we need more Oline to make either of these stiffs better....We need A QB! Jake Locker gets my vote....not even a hesitation! If he is there when we pick(assuming he comes out) and we don't draft him...Im the xxxx outta hear! 41 years of this fkn BS....which sucky QB is better....GEEZZZZZ

Jake Locker or bust?

I have no comfort in the top pick being a qb yet.

I only favor DA because I feel he distributes the ball better, ATE

While he stares down receivers, or frantically throws quick passes into the dirt or

over the head of the first receiver on his read.

Yeah, kinda like that..... ^_^

Archived