THE BROWNS BOARD

Could DA end up with the worst QB rating EVER in a season

Lollygagger

Hope we get a qb through free agency next season. We must get a guy who is a proven winner so the players buy in. Not some hot shot rookie who has to go through growing pains. I don't care if he is past prime. As long as he is established, I am fine with it. The fact is not each draft has a franchise caliber qb. Trying to force a young kid into that role is very costly.

if ur compairing quinn and clausen ur crazy......clausen has much better arm strength and accuracy down field

I agree. Clausen is way better than Quinn.

I don't want him, but he is better.

Jake Locker or bust?

I have no comfort in the top pick being a qb yet.

Your comfort??? lol We will be perenial fkn losers if we continue to shy away from drafting a POTENTIAL franchise Qb....Keep at it, keep at it keep at it....we will always suck without one....we have 10 other picks in this draft 4 picks in top 100 after the #1....this is the most important draft since 99 IMO...I do even think it is a question.have to try...!!!

We will be perenial fkn losers if we continue to shy away from drafting a POTENTIAL franchise Qb.

The team had this strategy in 2006 when they drafted Brady Quinn.

But that backfired in a HUGE way as Quinn has served to tear the organization and the fan base apart for three years and has stagnated the development of the overall team including the true franchise QB, Derek Anderson.

I don't think they'll be going down that path again anytime soon, no matter how bad the Frye/Quinn fans wish they had a shiny new Kosar.

The team had this strategy in 2006 when they drafted Brady Quinn.

But that backfired in a HUGE way as Quinn has served to tear the organization and the fan base apart for three years and has stagnated the development of the overall team including the true franchise QB, Derek Anderson.

I don't think they'll be going down that path again anytime soon, no matter how bad the Frye/Quinn fans wish they had a shiny new Kosar.

Please, Lums- I think I know what a franchise qb looks like, and DA ain't even vaguely resembled one of late. I'll even spot him 75% of his dropped passes- and his qb rating goes up to wow, mediocre. I'm looking for GREAT.

Well, mediocre qbs have won the Super Bowl, like Trent Dilfer and Doug Williams- but everything around them must be perfect for that scenario to succeed. Sorry, our last in the league defense won't cut it.

DA is the most overhyped Qb in Browns history by some these guys....The dude absolutely fking SUCKS....BQ is fking unwatchable....when will these posters wake the fk up and realize we have to get US a Franchise QB....it's unbelievable there is anything other than OUR QB"S SUCK .......not which one sucks the least!!! Christ I don't want to hear we need more Oline to make either of these stiffs better....We need A QB! Jake Locker gets my vote....not even a hesitation! If he is there when we pick(assuming he comes out) and we don't draft him...Im the xxxx outta hear! 41 years of this fkn BS....which sucky QB is better....GEEZZZZZ

No way man D.A. is going to take us to the Super Bowl. Oh sorry I was day dreamin. As I was just sayn we HAVE no qb. We have a couple of guys with great arms but no sense.

I don't think what the Browns can be looking for right now is that Qb to get you to the superbowl, unless one drops in your laps. If you have a top 5 pick this year what QB would say is worth that pick. Would you really just draft a QB to draft a QB?

This team is more than a QB away from the playoffs let alone a superbowl. The Browns need to draft a dominante pass rusher and some good LB's. What they need at QB right now is somebody who is serviceable until they can get their franchise QB. The way DA has played thus far is not serviceable and if I were the GM at this point I might be looking at bringing in a veteran for a few years. I highly doubt that DA is the future in the minds of the coaching staff, just the best they have right now.

But again, don't waste a first rounder on a QB just because you need one. This team needs some players that are can't miss and I really like McCoy, not colt but the one out of Oklahoma. The defense is not too bad, put a few play makers on it and it could be good.

OMFG - Franchise QB......DA...... QB rating of 41....... 41....... 41 - I have Lums on ignore, but saw his post because someone else quoted it. Did he really say that? 41 QB rating - a franchise QB - he's blaming BQ for DA have a QB rating of 41. That's why he's on ignore for half the folks here. Did I mention DA's QB rating?

OMFG - Franchise QB......DA...... QB rating of 41....... 41....... 41 - I have Lums on ignore, but saw his post because someone else quoted it. Did he really say that? 41 QB rating - a franchise QB - he's blaming BQ for DA have a QB rating of 41. That's why he's on ignore for half the folks here. Did I mention DA's QB rating?
Who cares about rating? Did you see how poorly the team moved the ball when Quinn was in the game. At least Anderson will move the ball a few yards before he turns it over.

• 2 weeks later...
DA currently has a QB rating of 41 (that's not a typo), 41. The previous consensus worst QB D. Russell is at 51.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tab...;seasonType=REG

I couldn't find the all time worst QB rating for an entire season online (it likely requires something like 150 throws to qualify).

This isn't a BQ verses DA thread, just wondering.

And after 2 more games ..... Anderception's QB rating has gone up to 36 (wow). (that cricket sound you hear are those who've jumped from the bandersonwagon)

However there is good news - to qualify for the worst QB rating ever a QB needs 14 attempts per game (184 over a season). DA is currently 30 attempts under the required 184. As DA has not thrown much the last 2 games and he's unlikely to get many, if any, more attemps (unless mgt is still concerned again about BQ hitting the 70% mark), BA may be fortunate and not techically be the worst ever in passing rating because he doesn't qualify.

Archived