THE BROWNS BOARD

IS THIS WHAT CLINICAL DEPRESSION IS?

Sez.EJ

I Have been a Browns fan well over 30 years now.. One thing rings true for all of us on this board...We all still love this team..but none of us have ever experience this level of ..well I really don't know what to call it other that " Browns Depression" While we still care..It has become so bad.. that we are experiencing NO JOY whatsoever from watching this team. We all WANT to to see some signs of life, but it's just not there. Maybe this is what an actual medically diagnosis of whatr clinical depression is.. I has gotten so bad for me..the only joy that I have found is enjoying the level of stupidity that DA and the offenense has fallen to. I am actually finding a perverse Joy in watching him screw up.. that's not right!!!! I actually find joy when he does something dumb again.... This is a real problem when I am almost rooting for my QB to suck it up so the coaching staff has less and less reason to stand by him...

It's like I am a junkie or something.. I am so accustomed to rooting for the the browns I am still watching even though I know it's going to be a train wreck. .. I mean seriously.. If we played the chiefs, rams, Lions, and raiders.. I am stilll not sure I would thinks we can win those games.... I feel all of your pain..The worst thing about this it... I USUALLY have some idea of a solution of how to turn it around...... I am at a complete loss..

It's bigger than the qb, it's bigger than the coach, it's bigger than the Gm, it's bigger than the players, and it's bigger than the owner..

For the first time in my life I am really at a complet loss when it comes to this team. .... If I were Learner and I REALLY cared about this team (which I am not convinced that he does) I think I may slit my wrists... because I just don't know where to begin. I have a feeling that my feelings reflect many on this board.... This is what clinical depression is like.. Praise the Lord I have more in my life than just the Browns. Or this would truly be a pathetic life.

I Have been a Browns fan well over 30 years now.. One thing rings true for all of us on this board...We all still love this team..but none of us have ever experience this level of ..well I really don't know what to call it other that " Browns Depression" While we still care..It has become so bad.. that we are experiencing NO JOY whatsoever from watching this team. We all WANT to to see some signs of life, but it's just not there. Maybe this is what an actual medically diagnosis of whatr clinical depression is.. I has gotten so bad for me..the only joy that I have found is enjoying the level of stupidity that DA and the offenense has fallen to. I am actually finding a perverse Joy in watching him screw up.. that's not right!!!! I actually find joy when he does something dumb again.... This is a real problem when I am almost rooting for my QB to suck it up so the coaching staff has less and less reason to stand by him...

It's like I am a junkie or something.. I am so accustomed to rooting for the the browns I am still watching even though I know it's going to be a train wreck. .. I mean seriously.. If we played the chiefs, rams, Lions, and raiders.. I am stilll not sure I would thinks we can win those games.... I feel all of your pain..The worst thing about this it... I USUALLY have some idea of a solution of how to turn it around...... I am at a complete loss..

It's bigger than the qb, it's bigger than the coach, it's bigger than the Gm, it's bigger than the players, and it's bigger than the owner..

For the first time in my life I am really at a complet loss when it comes to this team. .... If I were Learner and I REALLY cared about this team (which I am not convinced that he does) I think I may slit my wrists... because I just don't know where to begin. I have a feeling that my feelings reflect many on this board.... This is what clinical depression is like.. Praise the Lord I have more in my life than just the Browns. Or this would truly be a pathetic life.

No... it's not clinical depression. Clinical depression is what we'd all feel if Cribbs got hurt.

If I were a psychologist or some chemical dependency counselor, I'd move to Cleveland and cleanup. I'd shop an infomercial about ridding you of your inner fandom that is breaking your heart by not being able to let go of this team.

With three easy payments of $99.99 we can have you forgetting you were ever a Cleveland Browns fan in just three weeks.

Call now and we will throw in the 'family tree cleansing treatment' clearing your mind that your daddy was ever a Cleveland Browns fan too!

operators on duty to take your call ....

Dial 1-800-NFL-Free .... that's 1-800-NFL-Free

If I were a psychologist or some chemical dependency counselor, I'd move to Cleveland and cleanup. I'd shop an infomercial about ridding you of your inner fandom that is breaking your heart by not being to let go of this team.

With three easy payments of $99.99 we can have you forgetting you were ever a Cleveland Browns fan in just three weeks.

Call now and we will throw in the 'family tree cleansing treatment' clearing your mind that your daddy was ever a Cleveland Browns fan too!

operators on duty to take your call ....

Dial 1-800-NFL-Free .... that's 1-800-NFL-Free

call in the next fifteen minutes and we will send you a free terrible towel so you can be like one of the other bandwagon fans! this offer won't last forever... actually it will.

I am so screwed up right now..cribbsl getting hurt may actually make me feel better..then we can stop with all the idiotic posts about how he deserves a new contract..about how he should be our new RB or out new safety ..or our new CB.. This guy JUST signed a new contract.. A NICE new contract and he has done nothing to show he deserves ANOTHER new contract...He sucks as a Wr.. he is not a rb he is not a safety or a CB..he is a special teamer and got paid a FAT new deal... Cribbs is fun to watch... but he is a special teamer.. that's all.

That is how sad this team is..when the kick returner is the most popular guy on the team

Eh... just do what I do. The more things go wrong, and the more DA stinks up the joint, and the more the secondary

gives out completed passes like Halloween candy,

I just watch the left side of our offensive line and our excellent rookie center, and I watch

Rogers kick everybody's butt into the turf.

IOW's, just look on the BRIGHT SIDES, because a few years ago, there WEREN't ANY. :D

Honestly I know this was well documented early in the season, but I can not get it through my head, WHY did we think Mangini would be a good fit. He is worthless, he sucked in NY so why would he be any different here. Having said that I know that previous coaching staff needed to leave, but really replacing them with mangini, I just don't get it. Also, this does feel like a clinical depression. Why the hell do we bench Quinn, he is without a doubt better than Anderson. Even if the plays aren't falling for Quinn he is still 20X smarter than Anderson on the field and it's mainly the lines fault that he couldn't complete many passes, he didn't have any time to let the play work itself out. If it wasn't for Cribbs i wouldn't even watch the rest of this season. Absolutely unbelievable. I'd rather have ANY college football coach at the helm rather than Mangini.

I Have been a Browns fan well over 30 years now.. One thing rings true for all of us on this board...We all still love this team..but none of us have ever experience this level of ..well I really don't know what to call it other that " Browns Depression" While we still care..It has become so bad..

Hang in there man! I kid you not, one of the Mondays I was posting in a depressed state of mind Sunday left us with - the song playing on my radio was: "Just Another Manic Monday." I'm almost scared to read my fortune cookie the next time I go to PF Changs - you just know it's gonna say: "find another team."

Just remember: "tough times don't last - tough people do!" Sez, I'm still trying to figure out if I'm tough or just plain stupid.

- Tom F.

Honestly I know this was well documented early in the season, but I can not get it through my head, WHY did we think Mangini would be a good fit. He is worthless, he sucked in NY so why would he be any different here. Having said that I know that previous coaching staff needed to leave, but really replacing them with mangini, I just don't get it. Also, this does feel like a clinical depression. Why the hell do we bench Quinn, he is without a doubt better than Anderson. Even if the plays aren't falling for Quinn he is still 20X smarter than Anderson on the field and it's mainly the lines fault that he couldn't complete many passes, he didn't have any time to let the play work itself out. If it wasn't for Cribbs i wouldn't even watch the rest of this season. Absolutely unbelievable. I'd rather have ANY college football coach at the helm rather than Mangini.

wooo hooo....my second post! i watch football because all the cool kids doo it.....just like K and huffing paint!

wooo hooo....my second post! i watch football because all the cool kids doo it.....just like K and huffing paint!

Wow, choco; i'm sorry that I have more of a life then sitting on blogs all day, i go to school full time and yes it is my second post, usually i don't do these message boards because they are full of morons who have nothing to do but post, and finally i got so sick of watching this shit hole of a browns season, so i wanted to see what people were saying. Then having read what some of these people said it made me mad and just wanted to join, remember dick head you once had only two posts. get a life dick head.

wow ..i read the last 2 threads and people wonder why guys are leaving this board. We get a new poster and first thing is he gets ripped a new one.. very classy.

It's always been that way here. It's one of the beauties of the Browns Board. We will rip you a new one when you walk in the door.

It's a private club not a forum for everyone to speak their mind and be respected and loved while we all hold hands and sing "Kumbaya"

You gotta prove you belong, you gotta prove you can take a hit and come back with substance.

Somehow we lost our way for a little bit, glad it's back.

This place has its old feel again. Thank God.

Zombo

Archived