THE BROWNS BOARD

CJ SPiller

DestinFunk

So any thoughts on putting the band back together with James Davis and CJ Spiller?

I have watched him quite a bit as of late and ..WOAH... He could be the biggest playmaker in college football..

sorry

Character issues........didnt tip the Pizza guy one time.

True.

wait didnt Jamal Lewis serve time.....litttle ironic mangenius

So any thoughts on putting the band back together with James Davis and CJ Spiller?

I have watched him quite a bit as of late and ..WOAH... He could be the biggest playmaker in college football..

He had a monster game this last weekend and it looks like he might end up with more total yards from scrimmage than Bush had during his best year.

We defintiely NEED speed in our offense.

- Tom F.

He had a monster game this last weekend and it looks like he might end up with more total yards from scrimmage than Bush had during his best year.

We defintiely NEED speed in our offense.

- Tom F.

I agree....and why with one of the 5th rounders i would draft Usain Bolt.

He is 6'5", 210 lbs...I bet he could catch a football.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usain_Bolt

yeah the other night they showed a comparison of spiller and reggie bush. they are almost the same back. seeing as he is a bust, i don't think we need him.

Just because they compared him to Reggie Bush and Reggie hasn't faired all to well in the NFL doesnt' make him a bust.

I think he looks alot more like Brian Westbrook of the Eagles, Westbrook is one of the best all around backs in the league. Does that mean Spiller is going to be that good......no but he's capable of being that kind of player

Just because they compared him to Reggie Bush and Reggie hasn't faired all to well in the NFL doesnt' make him a bust.

I think he looks alot more like Brian Westbrook of the Eagles, Westbrook is one of the best all around backs in the league. Does that mean Spiller is going to be that good......no but he's capable of being that kind of player

I agree. Because one player didn't pan out all that well doesn't mean Spiller wouldn't pan out.

He has the tools.

On ny post above, we may not even have to draft Bolt...i think he is old enough we could just sign him as a FA.

I would give it a shot.

i'm not saying that he will be a bust i am saying that that type of running back doesn't always pan out well in the nfl. spiller doesn't quite have the size of westbrook or else he'd be perfect. he needs to put on more muscle which is totally possible. hopefully if we get him, he pans out ok.

i'm not saying that he will be a bust i am saying that that type of running back doesn't always pan out well in the nfl. spiller doesn't quite have the size of westbrook or else he'd be perfect. he needs to put on more muscle which is totally possible. hopefully if we get him, he pans out ok.

there actually the exact same size, but I understand what your saying that he needs to put on more muscle. Same thing is said with about every RB every year.

Ithink calling Bush a bust is a little unfair. He's surrounded by offensive talent, so the numbers are going to be spread out a little more. He hasn't lived up to expectations, that's for damn sure, but I still think he would be welcomed on most rosters in the NFL. He's not an everydown runningback, he's more of a receiver back. He has had injury problems and some trouble holding the ball, but it's not like he's a complete non-factor. He's got big-play potential every time he touches the ball. I'd call him a weak bust. He's no Ryan Leaf.

With that said, I hope Spiller doesn't turn out anything like Bush did. I think Spiller can be a great runningback, and the Thunder and Lightning reunion is so damn appealing.

yeah the other night they showed a comparison of spiller and reggie bush. they are almost the same back. seeing as he is a bust, i don't think we need him.

Yea I wouldn't say Bush is a bust. He is not earning his paycheck, but not a bust. He fits well into the Saints scheme.

Could it really be this year, the Saints and the Bungles are that good?

Meanwhile Jeremy Shockey got alcohol poisoning from consuming 3,245 Miller Genuine Draft Lights last night.

PFW ranks Spiller as the top senior in the upcoming group of RBs, but writes: "not built to be an every-down back, and durability issues have lingered throught his career and could keep him from ever being more than a dynamic complementary back." If this is right, probably not the best fit. We need that 30-carries-a-week guy if we're going to take a back in the first round.

PFW ranks Spiller as the top senior in the upcoming group of RBs, but writes: "not built to be an every-down back, and durability issues have lingered throught his career and could keep him from ever being more than a dynamic complementary back." If this is right, probably not the best fit. We need that 30-carries-a-week guy if we're going to take a back in the first round.

30 carries a week equates to 480 for the year which has never happend so don't worry about the numbers so much.

Archived