THE BROWNS BOARD

mario

Quinn was freakin' horrible. There is no sugar coating it. What about the two long passes he threw (finally) at the end of the game? The were 5-8 yards out of goddamn bounds. What the hell is that?! That is simply pathetic.

However, I don't think we have much choice. I think we have to stick with him the rest of the year and see if he gets any better. Granted, I don't think he is the answer. I think we need to look for the answer after the season. But hopefully he can improve enough to try and cross the 50 yard line and maybe even score a goddamn touchdown.

We have a 130 million dollar OLine.. its not the issue. No OLine can protect a bad QB all game. The OLine plays better for DA because he gets rid of the ball..... but unfortunetely he likes to get rid of the ball either to the back of the OLineman's head, or the DLine smacks it down.

Sure Quinn would do better with better WR's. We probably have the worst WR's in the NFL. We had Winslow & Edwards which we let go (maybe the right choice, maybe not). I think the big difference in 2007 was we had a REAL #2 WR in Joe J. He played a big part in that season in not allowing teams to just focus in on Edwards & K2.

Sadly we will see that Detriots Offense isn't really that bad when its clicking. Their D and O have more promise then our team, and I REALLY doubt we pull out a win in that game. I'd be suprised if we scored 10 points.

We have a 130 million dollar OLine.. its not the issue. No OLine can protect a bad QB all game. The OLine plays better for DA because he gets rid of the ball..... but unfortunetely he likes to get rid of the ball either to the back of the OLineman's head, or the DLine smacks it down.

Sure Quinn would do better with better WR's. We probably have the worst WR's in the NFL. We had Winslow & Edwards which we let go (maybe the right choice, maybe not). I think the big difference in 2007 was we had a REAL #2 WR in Joe J. He played a big part in that season in not allowing teams to just focus in on Edwards & K2.

Sadly we will see that Detriots Offense isn't really that bad when its clicking. Their D and O have more promise then our team, and I REALLY doubt we pull out a win in that game. I'd be suprised if we scored 10 points.

It doesn't matter how much money is put into our O-Line, they're only as strong as their weakest spot, and last night that was Eric Steinbach, plus the entire right side.

Why is it that when Quinn is in the O-line is the worst ever. Yet when DA comes back in, the protection ain't the problem, it is just a lack of accuracy of his scatter-arm, receivers not getting seperation, and/or running right patterns?

IMO, It's because Quinn panicks and gains no respect from opposing defenses.

I don't know why opposing defenses give DA respect because he surely hasn't beaten anyone in years (except the Giants), but they do, or the line and backs pick up the blitz better ... but when Quinn is in, we can't even complete a forward pass for 6 yards.

Ah, it's the Ghoolie argument, just put DA back in and the o-line looks SO much better. Well, so what- Anderson completes lots of errant passes to the other team because he's in such a hurry to unload the rock- that is, when he's not fumbling the ball away. BTW, Jaworski said Manning or Brady would have sucked behind the pathetic showing our o-line put up last night.

We gave DA three seasons to conclusively prove he blows, (BTW, where IS Lumbergh lately?) Quinn certainly deserves the next seven games. Ratliff sure isn't going to be the answer either- since the season is in the toilet, we at least need to see for sure if a new qb is on our shopping list for next year.

It doesn't matter how much money is put into our O-Line, they're only as strong as their weakest spot, and last night that was Eric Steinbach, plus the entire right side.

I agree about Steiny....way over rated...he is becoming a current Ross Verba.. standing on his rep more than actually playing well..

No question the line has to improve for any part of the offense to play even close to potential.

we at least need to see for sure if a new qb is on our shopping list for next year.

I don't think many are saying Quinn shouldn't play out the rest of the season...but it's pretty obvious qb is a problem with this team

Announcers can say manning wouldn't do well here...and they are correct....what they don't say is if Indy would still be undefeated with Quinn or DA at the helm...I tend to think their record would be close to .500.

In the long term, any qb on our roster is going to limit this team.

Steiny played bad, but don't evne let Joe Thomas off the hook because he was a 1st round pick & pro bowler. He got split by the DE Pryce TWICE with Steiny when they doubled him on a 3 man rush. This happened on two consecutive series.

No OLinemen is going to contain their man 100% of the game, no one has and no one ever will. Its the QB's job to make a play when the OLine starts to come apart during a play. Not even Manning & Brady have perfect OLine's but when the pressure is coming they MAKE A PLAY

Archived