THE BROWNS BOARD

Cheap Shot EMEFFER

The Gipper

I know the Browns did not play well at all last night, but in watching that last play, the fact is the hit that was laid on Cribbs was worst kind of CHEAP SHOT. Cribbs was completely out of the play, and the Ravens player came and gave him a blind shot forarm shiver to the neck and head. It is also highly possible that the play was already dead.

Somewhere I heard that the guys name was Brandon McKinney? Well, that motherf**ker should not be allowed to make a living in the National Football League henceforth. Minimally, he should be suspended for the rest of this season.

The son of a bitch should never be allowed to step foot into the City of Cleveland again.

I am serious. That play was worse than the play that Jack Tatum laid on Darryl Stingley. At least there, Stingley had the ball and was facing Tatum who laid into him. Here, Cribbs was at that point a bystander on the play, and this asshole blind sided him.

When I saw that I wanted to take a baseball bat to that c**ks**ker.

Tend to agree. At that stage of teh game, even if he had the ball, play was under control, game was over.

Local paper says Quinn cheapshotted Suggs ? Watched whole game, how'd I miss that ?? Is this true ?

Possible fine for Quinn for cheap shot to Suggs ?

Tend to agree. At that stage of teh game, even if he had the ball, play was under control, game was over.

Local paper says Quinn cheapshotted Suggs ? Watched whole game, how'd I miss that ?? Is this true ?

Possible fine for Quinn for cheap shot to Suggs ?

He was just trying to make a tackle after another INT. Suggs was in the way and BQ cut his knees. Low block/tackle attempt, but not dirty.

I didn't see the shot Quinn made, but for this putz to say that the hit on Cribbs was "clean" means that this reporter has shit for brains, and apparently has shit covering his eyeballs as well.

They aren't reporters...they are fans who post on that site...there may be some regulation, but by and large is a fan blog site.

I don't think I've seen anyone on this forum mention that that last drive should NEVER HAD HAPPENED.

Know why?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/...for-the-browns/

Because the Browns somehow managed to get a 4th timeout. Really. 4 timeouts. How does that happen?

So, I guess the Browns weren't the only dullards in Cleveland last night. The refs messed up, too. Mangini has to take some blame there, too I guess. He should be keeping track of his timeouts and should have never called a 4th one for the refs to even let slide by. The fool or the fool who follows him type of thing.

I don't think the guy was innocently just in pursuit, but I don't believe it was a cheap shot. He was within his rights to at least make contact with Cribbs, after all, it could have been a fake pitch to Royal. But he didn't need to use a forearm. It's football, if a player runs across my face, I'm going to hit him no matter where he is looking. But I'm not going to put a forearm into his neck, I'll leave that to Hines Ward.

I don't think it was that cheap..looks like he just ran into him persuing the play.

Look at it again. That's the first replay of that play I have seen and it was a cheap shot. He threw a forearm right to his head. If there is no questioning or league fine for that hit then Mangenious better bitch to the league about it!!

Look at it again. That's the first replay of that play I have seen and it was a cheap shot. He threw a forearm right to his head. If there is no questioning or league fine for that hit then Mangenious better bitch to the league about it!!

Go look at film from the 50's, 60's, and 70's....people got hit in the head all the time.....no cheap shot IMO from this long time follower....

I know the Browns did not play well at all last night, but in watching that last play, the fact is the hit that was laid on Cribbs was worst kind of CHEAP SHOT. Cribbs was completely out of the play, and the Ravens player came and gave him a blind shot forarm shiver to the neck and head. It is also highly possible that the play was already dead.

Somewhere I heard that the guys name was Brandon McKinney? Well, that motherf**ker should not be allowed to make a living in the National Football League henceforth. Minimally, he should be suspended for the rest of this season.

The son of a bitch should never be allowed to step foot into the City of Cleveland again.

I am serious. That play was worse than the play that Jack Tatum laid on Darryl Stingley. At least there, Stingley had the ball and was facing Tatum who laid into him. Here, Cribbs was at that point a bystander on the play, and this asshole blind sided him.

When I saw that I wanted to take a baseball bat to that c**ks**ker.

I like your spirit, Gipper. I concur. Let's lynch the bastard!

I didn't think the hit on Cribbs was dirty. For all he knew Cribbs was gonna lay one hell of a block on him, so he did the logical thing. Brady on Suggs...still not sure. Only saw it briefly and it looked like he hit him in the thigh to me. Just trying in my opinion to clear the blocker so that the ball carrier could be tackled. Like I said I only saw it briefly

*edit for spelling/grammar

I agree...it wasn't a cheap shot

I don't know WTF you guys are looking at. It was a blind side forearm shiver to the neck and head.

If that isn't a cheap shot, then there is no such thing as a cheap shot in the NFL....unless you bring a pistol with you onto the field.

I don't think the guy was innocently just in pursuit, but I don't believe it was a cheap shot. He was within his rights to at least make contact with Cribbs, after all, it could have been a fake pitch to Royal. But he didn't need to use a forearm. It's football, if a player runs across my face, I'm going to hit him no matter where he is looking. But I'm not going to put a forearm into his neck, I'll leave that to Hines Ward.

Hey, I don't even think Hines Ward would be as cheap as to take that shot.

I saw Quinn take down Suggs at the game and I just watched it a few more times on reply. I see a QB take out the lead blocker with a helmet to the thigh. Most QB's after they throw a pick are no where to be seen, or getting the cheap shot themselves.

Your going to tell me you don't see hits like that all the time? Really could care less about Suggs or any other Ravens player for that matter.

But then again I could really care less if the Ravens and Steelers planes collided in mid-air.

If you're going to lean on the fact that a flag was thrown on the play, I also watched the ref's throw a flag when Flacco was cleanly sacked with no illegal hit in site.

Either put a skirt on them all, or wrap flags around their waist and play powderpuff.

Kill em' all, let the medics sort em' out.

Go look at film from the 50's, 60's, and 70's....people got hit in the head all the time.....no cheap shot IMO from this long time follower....

You can't look at the play in context to what happened in the 50's, 60's, & 70's. The QB was allowed to be hit then too. Looking at that play in context with today's rules and regulations, that is a cheap shot!

Also...does anyone have a clip of the supposed cheap shot by Quinn? I would like to see that again, before I make a call on that one.

WOW! You are an emotional sort aren't you? I watched it 10 times and I don't think it was cheap, it was a bang-bang play and they just collided, the guy just put up his hands to protect himself.

How you can watch that clip and the one where Quinn went out of his way to cheap shot Suggs and then complain about the hit on Cribbs is astounding!

Here it is in slow mo...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoJeLA6HDs4...layer_embedded#

I've watched this clip over and over...pausing at the point of impact. Brady Quinn hit him above the knee on his upper thigh. Look at it yourself! And make sure you have your eyes open and your glasses on or your contacts in. Brady did not throw a cheapshot there. The initial contact was above the knees where it should be...right near the waistline. What happens after initial contact is all incidental. It was actually a bad penalty call. Quinn made the right hit and got wrongly flagged for it.

Whoops! This just in:

So much for the denial crew.

Tsk tsk, Hines Ward would NEVER do a thing like that.

There was a flag on the play...they had to fine him for that. Brady should send that fine right to the officiating crew. As I stated above...watch the play again and pause at the moment of impact...Brady's shoulder hits near Sugg's right hip...not the knee!

WOW! You are an emotional sort aren't you? I watched it 10 times and I don't think it was cheap, it was a bang-bang play and they just collided, the guy just put up his hands to protect himself.

How you can watch that clip and the one where Quinn went out of his way to cheap shot Suggs and then complain about the hit on Cribbs is astounding!

Here it is in slow mo...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoJeLA6HDs4...layer_embedded#

I never commented on the Quinn play as I did not see it when I happened.

But, again, I say that if you do not think the cheap shot on Cribbs was not a cheap shot, then you must think that there is no such thing as a cheap shot in the NFL, including the Quinn thing.

Cribbs was out of the play. Had long given up control of the ball. He was turned sideways to the guy who hit him, whoever he was. The guy leaped at Cribbs with his forearm and struck him in the neck or head.

Tell you what. Go stand on a street corner somewhere. I'll come up from your side, I will use my forearm to deliver a blow to your head or neck where you don't see it coming. Then tell me if you think that is not a cheap shot.

Archived