THE BROWNS BOARD

Give Quinn A Chance

Joker Boy

when shit is this bad in cleveland I know many fans burn down the QB first. This kid's talent will never show if the o line continues to let trucks drive on though. now I know 10 to 1 is gonna flame my ass with all kinds of crap but you guys need to chill out. We need to give quinn a fair shot for the rest of the year and if he shows even a small amount of growth we need to keep him through the 2010 season and focus on problems that are much bigger within the draft. No qb that is currently playing or has ever played could do shit with this offense. Now with mangini yeah it appears hes a real shit face however stop all the fire him after one year crap we have no idea where he will take us. give him 1 more year if at that time you see no improvement let it rip. mangini cut 53 players when he got here and only 3 are still in the nfl and none are starters. Now that says a lot about the shit on that mans plate. So lets be honest this team will not be worth a xxxx for 5 years as a die hard fan all I want to see is improvement. Have i seen it yet? nope. But stop thinking that by firing mangini and cutting quinn we're gonna be in any better spot than we are now. The fire hire soap opera is why we are in the position we are in right now.

when shit is this bad in cleveland I know many fans burn down the QB first. This kid's talent will never show if the o line continues to let trucks drive on though. now I know 10 to 1 is gonna flame my ass with all kinds of crap but you guys need to chill out. We need to give quinn a fair shot for the rest of the year and if he shows even a small amount of growth we need to keep him through the 2010 season and focus on problems that are much bigger within the draft. No qb that is currently playing or has ever played could do shit with this offense. Now with mangini yeah it appears hes a real shit face however stop all the fire him after one year crap we have no idea where he will take us. give him 1 more year if at that time you see no improvement let it rip. mangini cut 53 players when he got here and only 3 are still in the nfl and none are starters. Now that says a lot about the shit on that mans plate. So lets be honest this team will not be worth a xxxx for 5 years as a die hard fan all I want to see is improvement. Have i seen it yet? nope. But stop thinking that by firing mangini and cutting quinn we're gonna be in any better spot than we are now. The fire hire soap opera is why we are in the position we are in right now.

I guess we will have to wait and see what the "new", GM thinks of Mangini.

You have got to be kidding. What have you seen out of him that makes you think he should play. like i said before lets blame the oline the rb the wr the oc and the hc but never blame Brady because he sucks its never his fault

You have got to be kidding. What have you seen out of him that makes you think he should play. like i said before lets blame the oline the rb the wr the oc and the hc but never blame Brady because he sucks its never his fault

Having no one to catch the ball, having no protection from the right side on the line has nothing to do with it. :wacko:

So last season when DA was sucking it up and everyone blamed injuries, Braylon, etc. it wasn't the same thing?

And if Quinn is pulled (which would be even more hypocritical than Mangini has made it) who is gonna go in? DA, it's proven he was a 1 year wonder. Ratliff isn't going to give us anything better.

Either way you look at it, this offense is probably gonna suck the rest of the year. I'd rather have Quinn stay in, learn, then upgrade during the off-season and see how he does. Seeing as were in rebuilding mode, what hurt can it do?

So last season when DA was sucking it up and everyone blamed injuries, Braylon, etc. it wasn't the same thing?

And if Quinn is pulled (which would be even more hypocritical than Mangini has made it) who is gonna go in? DA, it's proven he was a 1 year wonder. Ratliff isn't going to give us anything better.

Either way you look at it, this offense is probably gonna suck the rest of the year. I'd rather have Quinn stay in, learn, then upgrade during the off-season and see how he does. Seeing as were in rebuilding mode, what hurt can it do?

EVERYONE? Seems to me all but a few posters were blaming DA for everything, cheered when he got pulled.... then the team started really losing.

DA sucks, has no mobility or pocket presence. He has been sacked 9 times in 6 games. BQ is smart, mobile and has all the "tools". he has been sacked 14 times in 4 games. If you project out to 12 games that would be 18 sacks for DA (the immobile oaf) and 42 for the superstar BQ. This is with the same receivers and the same OL. I am thinking that BQ has more to do with the line protection than that the OL totally sucks.

Quinn has 1 TD to 5 interceptions. Projects over 12 games as 3 TDs and 15 Interceptions. Anderception projects to 4 Tds and 18 Interceptions, a slightly better Td to int rate than BQ is having.

I am not saying this to support DA, I am saying this to say that DA sucks and BQ is still doing just as bad if not worse.

BQ does nothing to help the OL or the running game. He gets sacked and the team can't run because of how the defense plays.

In BQ's 4 starts the team has ran for 89 yards, 54 yards, 71 yards and 86 yards. In Da's(Who sucks) the team has ran for 146, 171,91, 58 and 117. So when Da starts (the QB that totally sucks) the team has less sacks and runs for more yards. But when BQ gets behind center all of a sudden the OL gives up 3 times more sacks a game and the RBs all of a sudden get a yard a carry worse. But it is not any of BQs fault.

You don't go back to DA, he is not the answer. But if BQ does not show ALLOT of improvement in the next few weeks maybe the Browns should see what Ratliff can do. Didn't think anybody would be worse than DA, but I forgot that BQ was on the team.

EVERYONE? Seems to me all but a few posters were blaming DA for everything, cheered when he got pulled.... then the team started really losing.

That's what I heard from people, not everybody on this board per say, but from fellow fans I talked to at my college.

My point is that you can't give DA 2 full seasons to show what he showed us, then want Quinn pulled after 8 or so games. I've said it before I don't care who our QB ends up being, I am just saying you give him a little time and if he continues to suck then replace him. If they are both gone after this year or if Quinn is pulled after next game, then so be it.

DA sucks, has no mobility or pocket presence. He has been sacked 9 times in 6 games. BQ is smart, mobile and has all the "tools". he has been sacked 14 times in 4 games. If you project out to 12 games that would be 18 sacks for DA (the immobile oaf) and 42 for the superstar BQ. This is with the same receivers and the same OL. I am thinking that BQ has more to do with the line protection than that the OL totally sucks.

Quinn has 1 TD to 5 interceptions. Projects over 12 games as 3 TDs and 15 Interceptions. Anderception projects to 4 Tds and 18 Interceptions, a slightly better Td to int rate than BQ is having.

I am not saying this to support DA, I am saying this to say that DA sucks and BQ is still doing just as bad if not worse.

BQ does nothing to help the OL or the running game. He gets sacked and the team can't run because of how the defense plays.

In BQ's 4 starts the team has ran for 89 yards, 54 yards, 71 yards and 86 yards. In Da's(Who sucks) the team has ran for 146, 171,91, 58 and 117. So when Da starts (the QB that totally sucks) the team has less sacks and runs for more yards. But when BQ gets behind center all of a sudden the OL gives up 3 times more sacks a game and the RBs all of a sudden get a yard a carry worse. But it is not any of BQs fault.

You don't go back to DA, he is not the answer. But if BQ does not show ALLOT of improvement in the next few weeks maybe the Browns should see what Ratliff can do. Didn't think anybody would be worse than DA, but I forgot that BQ was on the team.

Ratliff? Bartell outplayed him in preseason. What does it hurt to let BQ play out the rest of the season and then see what happens when the new staff next year evaluates the stituation.

regardless of how bad he is, BQ is the best qb we have on the roster right now. its a losing season, and we are rebuilding. there is no point to trying out another qb this season. we put both our starters through the ringer, da proved he sux, BQ gets a chance to prove he sux too. we can't salvage this season so bitching about how bq played against balt after 4 games of being on the bench is pretty dumb.

if you always crucify your qbs so quick, we'll never find a good one.

Guest berniesipe

I agree with you. While watching that game monday night I was stinking that even the best QB in the league carson palmer would be helpless behind that offensive line and with those receivers.

I agree, at this point theres nothing any QB could do to help this club..our best bet is to ride BQ out for the rest of the season and see if he can somehow spark this offense or at least up his trade value a bit...the way in which BQ and JC amongst others have been mis-handled by this regime is absolutely appalling to me..its almost unethical and downright embarrassing to be a fan and watch this fumbling regime potentially change the way player agents deal contracts with the browns...

I believe BQ is more adaptive than DA is and he will eventually find ways to make dabolls lousy schemes work at least to a certain degree...he is going to have to make some deep and somewhat risky strikes to force defenses to get honest..and if our OL keeps failing to give adequate time so WRs can actually setup their routes we can expect more of the same for the rest of the season regardless of which qb is playing..

So why isn't anyone b1tching about the play calling? When DA is in, the passes are 10 yards down the field (or supposed to be), when BQ is in, they are screen passes or 3 yard outs? WTF? Fire Daboll first, get someone in here that can call a play and then lets see what BQ can do.

or f**king MAKE Quinn throw the ball down field.

i really don't give a damn what he wants/is comfortable with.

the #'s between DA and BQ was interesting.

as of now, defenses will NOT respect Quinn to throw. and that makes our offense even more one-dimensional (if that were possible) and embarrasing.

so much for the most NFL-ready QB in recent memory. i wouldn't be so disappointed had the boards not been flooded with a bunch of idiots touting this kid as everything he's not....accurate, a leader, tough, cerebral.

then reality hits....and denial is prevalent amoungst the faithful.

Having no one to catch the ball, having no protection from the right side on the line has nothing to do with it. :wacko:

Ok so having no wr to catch the ball could be a excuse for Anderson as well. I am feed up with our qb's they both are horrible and neither of them should be in the NFL

That's what I heard from people, not everybody on this board per say, but from fellow fans I talked to at my college.

My point is that you can't give DA 2 full seasons to show what he showed us, then want Quinn pulled after 8 or so games. I've said it before I don't care who our QB ends up being, I am just saying you give him a little time and if he continues to suck then replace him. If they are both gone after this year or if Quinn is pulled after next game, then so be it.

What Anderson showed us is 10 wins. Then he showed us he sucks.

Hmm. This is still being debated?

Why?

He sucks, she sucks stuff is stale folks. Your options are pretty limited this year at QB, get over it and be constructive.

Apart from playing Quinn, realistically who are you gonna let finish the year out? You see, let the kid finish the year out and hope for the best.

Peyton Manning took his team to a 3-13 season his first year. BQ hasnt even had a full season. Im right.. im always right. this kid can play i opt for patience over ignorance. All 4 games he played in this year was against some of thetop defenses in the league. show me pass protection and a rb who can block and ill show you our franchise qb in quinn. stop with the he took a dive shit. if on the last 10 plays i have a defender in my face in 2 seconds flat im gonna either throw that quick short pass or im gonna take the dive and not force the INT. the kids got talent and as we aquire more talent youll see however if he gets traded or cut youll see him blow up at another franchise.

Give Quinn a Chance

Ev'rybody's talkin' 'bout

Derekism, Bernieism, Coltism, Tebowism, Samism,

This-ism, that-ism, ism ism ism

All we are saying is give Quinn a chance

(C'mon)

Trap Games, Randyisters and Manginisters,

Carrot Top, Man Kok, Long Drives and No Drives, No Drives, and No Drives

(Let me tell you now)

Rolling Over, Starting Over, Masturbation, Flagellation, Cavsalation,

New OCs, Old OCs, TribeNations, abominations

Couch and Garcia, Craigy Dilfer, Metcalf, but not Terry,

Tommy Deleone, Dr. Mays, Mighty Mini,

Derek Trucks, yes DA sucks, Alan Natali, Harry Caray,

Harry Harry Caray

Give Quinn a Chance

Derekism, Bernieism, Coltism, Tebowism, Samism,

This-ism, that-ism, ism ism ism

(C'mon)

Trap Games, Randyisters and Manginisters,

Carrot top ops, Mankok ops, Policy’s, and Long Drives, No Drives, No Drives, and No Drives

(Let me tell you now)

Rolling Over, Starting Over, Masturbation, Flagellation, Cavsalation,

New OCs, Old OCs, Red Sox Nations, abominations

Couch and Garcia, Craigy Dilfer, Metcalf, but not Terry,

Tommy Deleone, Dr. Mays, Mighty Mini,

Derek Trucks, yes DA sucks, Alan Natali, Harry Caray,

Harry Harry Caray

Is this your "rhyme or reason" :D

Peyton Manning took his team to a 3-13 season his first year. BQ hasnt even had a full season. Im right.. im always right. this kid can play i opt for patience over ignorance. All 4 games he played in this year was against some of thetop defenses in the league. show me pass protection and a rb who can block and ill show you our franchise qb in quinn. stop with the he took a dive shit. if on the last 10 plays i have a defender in my face in 2 seconds flat im gonna either throw that quick short pass or im gonna take the dive and not force the INT. the kids got talent and as we aquire more talent youll see however if he gets traded or cut youll see him blow up at another franchise.

He could have easily scrambled to his left and got rid of it. Payton Manning was a rookie also. Quinn is in his third year.

oh, and lol.

Manning passed for 3,739 yards, 26 touchdowns, set five NFL rookie QB records (including most touchdown passes in a season) and was named to the NFL All-Rookie First Team as a rookie.

Are you really going to compare Queen to Manning?

Manning is a player you find one in a million times. He actually showed promise starting as a rookie. Queen has shown zero promise starting in his third year. Apples to oranges.

I agree with you. While watching that game monday night I was stinking that even the best QB in the league carson palmer would be helpless behind that offensive line and with those receivers.

Yep, the Offensive line is the reason for his passes sailing over the heads of receivers when he has time. Quinn is a bust.

Hmm. This is still being debated?

Why?

He sucks, she sucks stuff is stale folks. Your options are pretty limited this year at QB, get over it and be constructive.

Apart from playing Quinn, realistically who are you gonna let finish the year out? You see, let the kid finish the year out and hope for the best.

No what I was saying is Anderson gave us a reason to take more looks at him. Brady is giving us reasons he should never have been drafted. Now Anderson showed us we couldn't even get a jock strap for his sorry ass

These type of comments typically come from someone who only looks at results and not at skills and fundamentals. Bring your self to watch Quinn's footwork, his release, his set up, his down field accuracy, his head as he progresses through reads, etc. and you will see why he simply doesn't have what it takes.

Don't forget, he doesn't deal with game type pressure during practice yet he can't win a starting job on a team who would start virtually any back-up in the league right now.

For once, you make a great point.

Archived