THE BROWNS BOARD

Give Quinn A Chance

Joker Boy

When are people going to get it (QUINN SUCKS)

When he has been given a fair chance. This season is a lost cause. We know both QB;s are not the answer so this really is the fight for who is best backup or short term answer really. While DA's pros and cons are all too well known, Quinn still has the can he perform question mark in him. The only way to answer that is to let him have more games this season and end the debate once and for all. I dont care for the names, i just want the truth.

Man, some of you guys are so blinded by your hatred of Quinn (or anyone from ND) that you don't see the obvious right in front of you.

Fact: both DA and Quinn performed much better LAST year than they have this year, correct? Yes.

Fact: Quinn played fairly well in his 1 1/2 games without the finger injury. Then broke his throwing hand index finger.

FF to this year. BOTH QB's have been horrible...way worse than they ever have in their careers. Why? What is the new constant/variable that they BOTH share that made BOTH perform almost identically bad?

DABOL!!!!!

Do you really think it's a coincidence for BOTH QB's to play THAT bad at the same time and have identical stat lines. They've never been this bad.

But they both have one thing in common... Dabol's offense.

Change the offense and you'll see the QB's play better.

Maybe we should start a 'Offical Excuse" thread for the qb and pin it to the top of the board.

I think the meteor shower Monday night distracted our qb.

Personally, I think we should start a "Let's just pin the blame on one person because we're all football geniuses" thread, and stick that at the top of the board.

I tend to agree that the OC needs to go and about 8 weeks ago. I agree that neither QB looks good. DA went from promising in his first year starting to he should be bagging grocieries.

I heard a comment the other day on ESPN that DA should go to Carolina and start there. After the year he is having I was surprised anybody would think that Da should be in the league let alone starting. I am not saying this to defend DA, I am saying this to point out that this commentator must really think it is the system and not really either QB.

As far as BQ goes, I just want to see him throw some deep passes regardless of what is called. On the line play again wit the same OL and receivers DA has been sacked 9 times in 6 games and BQ 14 times in 4 games. And if you take out the games against the Browns neither Minnesota or Baltimore are top 10 defenses. The only reason they are is because of the Browns.

Some of the lack of run production and OL sacks has to be on BQ since the Browns did average almost 1 yard per carry more under DA and had 5 less sacks in 2 more games with DA at QB and both DA and BQ have almost the same Td to int rate (BQs is slightly worse if you can believe that).

either BQ is unable to throw the ball over 10 yards or the coaching staff just does not trust him too. I will agree that you ride the rest of the year out with BQ and see if he can improve, but I have not seen any indication that he will improve.

IMHO, the ONLY reason Quinn got pulled so quick, and DA contiinued to play while SUCKING worse than ANY QB in NFL history is simply $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$...I don't care how many lies Mangini spouts denying that, a first grader could figure it out. Give BQ some time to develop.

Wanna guess who's stats these are:

GAMES ATT COMP PCT YARDS AVG TD INT

13 218 83 38.1 1,410 6.5 6 24

First FULL season he had.............38.1% QB rating...............6 TD's..........24 INT................

Terry Bradshaw...............Pittsburgh was calling for his head too.

I think it's a combination of everything as to why BQ sucks. I mean he has what, 2 years of bench rot? Not to mention his ego is more then likely non existent at this point. Top that off with all that working out he's been doin so he looks better in the mirror, it's no wonder his game is off.

I have a feeling Mangini is waiting till next year until he names Ratliff the starter. Why put him in now? This season is shot anyway's so why risk him getting injured with this crappy O line that he knows he cant fix until the draft? It honestly wouldnt suprise me if Mangini knew this season was a bust so he rounded up all these draft picks to get some guys to protect his qb next year. There has got to be a reason he brought him here. Im pretty sure you can find 2nd and 3rd string QB's just about anywhere.

Different times. If TB was the QB for the Steelers now he would never had played after his first year.

Money was one of the reasons BQ got benched but the other is that he has shown nothing this year. But then again it might not be possible to show anything this year with the OC the Browns have.

What have you seen from BQ this year to make you think that he should get an extended look? Is it his pocket pressence or accurate throws or the way he extends the plays? 14 sacks in 4 games, projected over a full season that is 63 sacks ; with the same OL the oaf has 8 sacks in 5 games that is a projected 29 sacks for a full season. I am sorry but that is on the QB.

You might say that BQ does not make the same stupid throws as DA but he has 5 interceptions in 4 games started and DA has 6 interceptions in 5 games started (DA did throw 3 in a backup roll).

Again I am not saying any of this to defend DA but to use a QB that is playing horrible to compare with the same OL and same receivers that BQ is using.

104.3, 55.9, 21.3, 74.1, 58.7, 42.7 and 23.5.

Personally, I think we should start a "Let's just pin the blame on one person because we're all football geniuses" thread, and stick that at the top of the board.

Naaa...mostly because only some of us are football geniuses. The others are football dummies. ;)

Quinn will have his chance and I do agree with you with a couple of qualifiers. Quinn needs to prove to the staff he can accurately throw the ball on out routes and down the field. Even if he doesn't do it in games he needs to show this ability in practice, in good and bad weather. The receivers might not be open during the game but there has to be a reason that they have never thrown an out route with Quinn at QB, at least I haven't seen one. I would seriously have a practice in cold/snowy conditions to test him.

Against the second worst defense in the league.

franchise record means every quaterback ever to play in cleveland i forgot though no other qb ever played a bad team. you know football so well. you say you're a football fan but secretly love americas next top model.

Archived