THE BROWNS BOARD

JAWs agrees - some players "Quit"

Guest Masters

Guest Masters

ESPN analyst Ron Jaworski studied coaches' films of the Browns' 34-30 loss to Denver last Thursday and agreed with Jamal Lewis and Josh Cribbs that some Browns quit.

Asked specifically if he saw anyone quit, he said: "Yes. If you want to get players' attention, mention the word quit. I saw it mentioned by some of the Browns players, so I looked at it very carefully. I don't ever use the word. I just say 'lack of enthusiasm to play the game.'

"I kind of soften it a little bit, but some of the Browns players -- they didn't mess around. There were some situations -- and I'm not going to name names, because it's not my place to do

that -- but there were some guys that I would say lacked enthusiasm play-in and play-out."

He said he'll have an eye on those players during Monday night's game at Buffalo and will point it out during the broadcast if he sees it again.

"That's my job," he said. "It's not my job now to call guys out, but I think the Browns players did a real good job of making it clear. They look at the same tape that I look at. When I see it, they see it."

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/...orski_chim.html

And in the presser on the 12th you have Crennel saying nobody quit, amost making it sound like JL and Cribbs were in the worng for saying it. Instead of getting after the damn calprits that quit playing in the middle of a damn game he makes the guys that call them out look bad. I swear this team needs a freaking leader that gets rid of these cancers and plays some damn football.

Guest Masters

I think quit was the wrong word, and buy that they admit they chose the wrong word. As Jaws said "I kind of soften it a little bit, but some of the Browns players -- they didn't mess around. There were some situations -- and I'm not going to name names, because it's not my place to do

that -- but there were some guys that I would say lacked enthusiasm play-in and play-out."

Although rarely has this team met my expectations this year.

Yes, but like last time, we can hope MNF brings out the best in them.

I'm predicting a good game from us.

I want to know who quit. Give us some names. Jaws seems like he is running for office with his comments. Is it guys on the defense? That is the logical choice. Just stop the damn drama and tell us who it is.........if this problem really exists.

they are probably referring to b-mac, who at one point was chasing a guy who had the ball, i believe it was a long TD play, when he saw one of our guys go to tackle him he slowed down to a jog instead of busting his ass to get in on the tackle. turned out they broke the tackle and went for a TD. thats likely exacly what JL was referring too about guys quiting.

i'm not sure where to find a video of it if anyone is curious to see it, but it was a TD play i think, so i'm sure if you search the highlights it can be found

Tough on for Quinn and the passing game. Second start, better defense, 27 degrees, on the road.

I could see some bumps in the road here. This ain't the time to air it out to prove a point.

- Shep

Well Quinn grew up in Ohio so he's accustomed to playing QB in the wind and cold. DA could only complete 30% of his passes vrs Buffalo last year so Quinn should be better than that.

I see alot of similarities in Quinn and Trent Edwards except in the number of starts.

Quinn has restored my excitement and outlook - now let's hope our D gets back on track with effort, hustle and enthusiasm. If they're NOT inspired to be playing on the PRIME Time stage in front of a national audience in the sport they love with minimum salaries in the 6 digits - they can come to work with the rest of us for a whole lot less at lot more stress.

- Tom F. (I may be old, I may be tired - but that doesn't mean I'm uninspired!)

they are probably referring to b-mac, who at one point was chasing a guy who had the ball, i believe it was a long TD play, when he saw one of our guys go to tackle him he slowed down to a jog instead of busting his ass to get in on the tackle. turned out they broke the tackle and went for a TD. thats likely exacly what JL was referring too about guys quiting.

i'm not sure where to find a video of it if anyone is curious to see it, but it was a TD play i think, so i'm sure if you search the highlights it can be found

I think I remember that play. It was disgusting. Was it the one where the Denver player caught it on the sideline, then broke a couple lame-ass tackles and waltzed into the end zone? It's hard for me to differentiate between the guys who quit and the guys who suck.

I think I remember that play. It was disgusting. Was it the one where the Denver player caught it on the sideline, then broke a couple lame-ass tackles and waltzed into the end zone? It's hard for me to differentiate between the guys who quit and the guys who suck.

ya, i think it was that one

Tough on for Quinn and the passing game. Second start, better defense, 27 degrees, on the road.

I could see some bumps in the road here. This ain't the time to air it out to prove a point.

I don't think the weather will bother Quinn much either. He also played at that college, oh what's it called,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, oh yea, The Notre Dame. And correct me if I'm wrong I believe that is in Northern Indiana, not exactly the most balmy weather in the winter. :lol: 27 degrees, windy and on the road is not gonna be easy, but I think the temp. won't be the main reason BQ struggles, IF he struggles.

BTW: We are expecting temps in the upper 80's to low 90's for the next several days, enjoy your cold weather and fall colors east coasters. :lol:B)B)B)

BTW: We are expecting temps in the upper 80's to low 90's for the next several days, enjoy your cold weather and fall colors east coasters. :lol: :lol: B)B)

You're right, we are in a Cold Spell here at my East Coast locale:

Weather.com - Fort Lauderdale Florida FORECAST

weather.jpg

Brrrrrr...it is a little breezy! B)

well when you play a cover 2 the whole game and dont try and fix anything, the players will think that the coaches dont care so why should they.

and why is Willie on the Nickel package? is he going to spy the QB, reminds me of last year when he was the spy on Rottenburger, Rottenburger took off for 30+ yards!

I don't think the weather will bother Quinn much either. He also played at that college, oh what's it called,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, oh yea, The Notre Dame. And correct me if I'm wrong I believe that is in Northern Indiana, not exactly the most balmy weather in the winter. :wub: 27 degrees, windy and on the road is not gonna be easy, but I think the temp. won't be the main reason BQ struggles, IF he struggles.

BTW: We are expecting temps in the upper 80's to low 90's for the next several days, enjoy your cold weather and fall colors east coasters. :PB)B)B)

Thanks SoCal; Dan.....every winter up here I swear it is my last; Lister Jr will be in college soon enough and then I will sending you both my resume

Archived