THE BROWNS BOARD

LET THE BANDWAGON EXODUS BEGIN

Riffer X

It is a crying shame to see the great and once proud Steeler Nation start to lose fans by the assloads. They are jumping ship quicker than Georgie Michael runs from a hot chick and it ain't about to stop. The Pitt franchise is in trouble, they are totally and completely reliant on two players in Polly and Big Gay, hence their depth is also in serious question across the board. They have finally had a few injuries and you see what happens to them, whereas for years the Browns have been devastated (cept 07) with no sympathy from those inbred morons.

They lucked out like they do last year by winning it with a terrible offensive line, but they need serious work done there. Big Gay couldn't save those guys last night and it is only going to get worse. The Pitt secondary is atrocious without Haircut and if the weather would have been decent at all the Browns could have aired it out all over the place.

The tide has turned folks, and there is nothing better than seeing a bunch off dickhead Steeler fan bitches cry in their Iron City.

Hey Bandwagon Nation, eff you!!!! Have a nice day

Uh, "NOW"? Nah. I never could stand the bandwagon types.

Dude I'm fine with 50 percent, which is still superior to most other fan bases anyway.

You have the right attitude anyhow. But it may be a bit premature to see if these rats really will jump ship.

I would think that it should take more than 5 games for these rats to go SPLOOSH.

But, never underestimate the lack of character of a frickin' FRAK.

which is still superior to most other fan bases anyway.

Not ours there big guy. A 1-11 team, in -10 degree weather. I can't wait to see the same weather in Stooler country and now your out of the playoff no one is going to show.

There was a post from me a while back. I took years back to 1950 and showed that after the exact game the Steelers were out of playoff contention attendance dropped drastically. Some seasons, attendance dropped by half. So the 50% rule might really apply here. Pathetic.

The most annoying by far are all the women who run around proclaiming to be the biggest Steeler fans out there, they are beyond a pain the ass. They associate it being cool by calling themselves a football fan and choose the Steelers as their stupid ass team to cheer for. Seriously, from Akron, Parma and to Youngstown they're everywhere. Even my home town of Ashtabula is full of that shit, and growing up it was 95% diehard Browns fans.

dont know if you noticed but our stands havent exactly been packed the last few weeks either

Yea, but the Browns didn't just win the Super Bowl, and have had 10 years of lousy football.

Sorry, but give the Steelers 10 years fo lousy football and Heinz Field would probably be better called Gobblers Gulch Ghost Town.

The one thing this win may do though is to help sell those tickets to the Browns last 2 home games vs. the Raiders and Jags, you think?

Before you get too giddy, I was wondering what all those empty seats disguised as fans were doing in your stadium last night.

And we've had discussions going way back with stats showing the Steelers filled more of their stadium on a percentage basis than the Brownies did during the '80s. So again, don't get too full of yourself.

Uh, I don't think so. Never saw any such statistics. The Steelers in the 80s had games where only 35-40K people showed up in their 59K stadium. Show us any game back then when the Browns stadium was only 60% full.

Besides, think what you are saying: A recent 4 time Super Bowl champion MAY have had their stadium filled to as much capacity as a team that hadn't won anything in over 20+ years. Congratulations on that.

Cold weather. A lot of Browns fans won't make their kids sit in a stadium with single digit temps as a chill factor.

The actual temp was 14 degrees.

I hope Shep was at the game... wait, that's the other forum....

Attendence at the game in weather like that is hardly proof of fandom.

We went to an auction, There was a big, ugly lady there who was bidding against us for

some 12' sections of heavy fencing. We won - we're going to use it for supporting our tomatoes, cukes, etc..

I was going to bid on another 5 sections, but my Wife says "you said you only needed six, why are you bidding

on another 5?"

Well, I said it was because she was a dour steeler fan.

Okay, I wasn't really going to bid against her for that reason, but I did say it

loud enough that the several people around me started laughing...

she won the bid, but she paid 5 bucks for a 12' length than we did... heh heh heh...

so, later, I mentioned to her in the concession line that the Browns were probably going to

beat the Steelers that same night.

She pointed to her steeler emblem on her jacket, almost broke her face while forcing it to smirk, and smugly laugh,

and said "not in our lifetime, my steelers rule".

I hope I never see her at an auction again, because there's no telling what I'll bid on to tick her off next time....

No rivalry? Oh, there's a rivalry all right.

Yeah but Gip, this was Steeler week, your Super Bowl, Steelers looking beatable and all the stuff I heard all week.

I was a bit disappointed at the turnout to be honest -- what a little cold weather is suddenly too rough for Clevelanders?

Actually, if you recall, it was all you Steeler fans who were proclaiming that you had gobbled up all the tickets and were going to come and make CBS your "home" who failed to show up. There were some Steeler fans there, but it didn't look nearly like the contingent that was being hailed as going to show up. So, I think you can look to the Steeler bandwagoners for the bulk of the no shows. I did not see the now show numbers. The game was sold out. I don't know what the no show numbers were like. I only saw bits and pieces of the game. Perhaps the turnout wasn't as bad as you think. Where can one find out about no show numbers?.

Actually, if you recall, it was all you Steeler fans who were proclaiming that you had gobbled up all the tickets and were going to come and make CBS your "home" who failed to show up. There were some Steeler fans there, but it didn't look nearly like the contingent that was being hailed as going to show up. So, I think you can look to the Steeler bandwagoners for the bulk of the no shows. I did not see the now show numbers. The game was sold out. I don't know what the no show numbers were like. I only saw bits and pieces of the game. Perhaps the turnout wasn't as bad as you think. Where can one find out about no show numbers?.

i've never seen no-shows posted.

i can give you my estimates. First, admission was hampered by the lousy security check/ticket process. Early game TV shots probably looked bad because many were stuck outside. As for no-shows, it is hard to tell with the Club Seats because most were in the warmth enjoying their $12 mixed drinks. i know that looks bad on TV too, especially during these severe weather games. i'd say that the lower bowl had about 15 % vacancy. The two end zones had about the same 15% vacancy at peek, but those people were in the worst weather sections and vacancy grew as the game progressed. The upper deck had completely empty blocks in the corners (which is weird because i thought it was sold out). Vacancy up there may have been 30% or more. The Steeler fan attendance was extremely unimpressive compared to the past several years.

And to those bandwagoners I say... don't let it hit you on the way off.

Really, we don't need you. Don't want you. Happy to see you go.

Says the alleged fan who burned his 49ers jacket, then his NE jacket. Invite them to your next bonfire 6pack.

- Flugel (That's Mr Flugel to you)

Archived