THE BROWNS BOARD

hahahahhaha steelers fans.. oh how quickly they give up

DAWGPOUND16

Looks like the troll has posted again... this ignore button has been the greatest thing invented since prolly when Stooler fans found out health care existed for free dental fixing.

yeah, i found out about that button earlier today and boy has it come in handy. anti-troll virus protection. B)

ben is from ohio. not a sacred place where hall of famers come from. he is doing his best but he is not a PA QB like Marino, Kelly, Montana, Starr, Blanda.

in order for any athlete or coach to succeed they come to PA - the home of football and super bowls

Pennsylvania has never hosted a Super Bowl.

The NFL was formed in Canton, Ohio in 1920.

The first NFL offices were on the 11th floor of the Hayden Building in Columbus, Ohio.

You are a moron.

Pennsylvania has never hosted a Super Bowl.

The NFL was formed in Canton, Ohio in 1920.

The first NFL offices were on the 11th floor of the Hayden Building in Columbus, Ohio.

You are a moron.

Thank god I didn't have to read his post, and you took the words out of my mouth. Hi-5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdPDBeYVZI8

Go to 2:02

A "Steeler" fan called his own QB talentlessberger rofl. And he said F this team.

There are lame fans all over the NFL. The STEELERS have many. You guys have alot. True fans stay with their team even through the hard times, but there is nothing wrong with being honest about players on your team and where you think the weak spots are. I hold no faith in any individual player, it's all about team. It's something that many on this board forgot when they were so supportive of DA instead of the QB you should have been working with all along. But now that Quinn beat the STEELERS he may have cemented his starting position... that is unless Mangini gets to work again.

There are lame fans all over the NFL. The STEELERS have many. You guys have alot. True fans stay with their team even through the hard times, but there is nothing wrong with being honest about players on your team and where you think the weak spots are. I hold no faith in any individual player, it's all about team. It's something that many on this board forgot when they were so supportive of DA instead of the QB you should have been working with all along. But now that Quinn beat the STEELERS he may have cemented his starting position... that is unless Mangini gets to work again.

Didn't "TastieBurger" win you guys 2 superbowls? And didn't Tomlin coach one of those? If that would ever happen to the Browns (please, spare me the bad jokes) you would find no one on this board calling for either of the two's heads. And thank you for letting us know that true fans stay with their team even through the hard times...it is something that we on this board clearly know nothing about. You are a fountain of knowledge!

Didn't "TastieBurger" win you guys 2 superbowls? And didn't Tomlin coach one of those? If that would ever happen to the Browns (please, spare me the bad jokes) you would find no one on this board calling for either of the two's heads. And thank you for letting us know that true fans stay with their team even through the hard times...it is something that we on this board clearly know nothing about. You are a fountain of knowledge!

We know ben is capable of taking over games and being one of the best qbs in the league. We know Tomlin is capable of winning a Super Bowl. Our team is talented enough to have a chance at a Super Bowl each year and we go and lose to the Raiders, Chiefs and Browns. We have vastly underachieved the majority of this season. (even in some of our wins) Steeler fans don't give people passes for past success or future potential. There are no excuses for this season. Some might be going a bit overboard, but Steelers fans aren't going to sit around and pretend things are okay when our Super Bowl capable team isn't winning the Super Bowl.

We know ben is capable of taking over games and being one of the best qbs in the league. We know Tomlin is capable of winning a Super Bowl. Our team is talented enough to have a chance at a Super Bowl each year and we go and lose to the Raiders, Chiefs and Browns. We have vastly underachieved the majority of this season. (even in some of our wins) Steeler fans don't give people passes for past success or future potential. There are no excuses for this season. Some might be going a bit overboard, but Steelers fans aren't going to sit around and pretend things are okay when our Super Bowl capable team isn't winning the Super Bowl.

Would you compare the Steelers to USC? A powerhouse in their conference/division that loses to scrub teams (see USC vs Washington/Arizona). That's how I see it...and I was just giving fan of steel a hard time. Steelers will bounce back next year, of course, and hopefully the Browns will be there with them too. For now I'm enjoying this victory for what its worth

Would you compare the Steelers to USC? A powerhouse in their conference/division that loses to scrub teams (see USC vs Washington/Arizona). That's how I see it...and I was just giving fan of steel a hard time. Steelers will bounce back next year, of course, and hopefully the Browns will be there with them too. For now I'm enjoying this victory for what its worth

Both USC and the Steelers play down to their competetion. They will get huge wins against above average teams and lose to the worst of the worst. We will probably end up playing three close games against 3 good teams and finish the seasn 2-1. I never want us to lose but at this point losing the next three would probably be better off.

i just read an enjoyable 12-page thread about the dysfunction of the steeler organization behind enemy lines.....

i'd get arrians some security guards if he has to go anywhere...lol.

moreso, it looks to be the trials and tribulations of a young head coach. if tomlin asserts himself and cans arrians, it'll go along way to winning over the team. but he lost the team with the "unleash hell" comment and the failure to follow thru with the threat to bench players. the 3rd and 1 on the first drive from the spread.....guys kinda checked out. beyond that, cowher's players are aging, and tomlins guys aren't exactly producing like in the past.....so, personnel problems are surfacing, and alot of finger-pointing is going on. we exposed 'em......and some madness is ensuing. we were supposed to be the big rebound......and they got crushed in every facet of the game.

its almost....a movie script.....the drama in steel town.

Dude ..No real and Knowledgeable FOOTBALL fans are doing this. And He is right . DUMBassss "Fans" for every team. nd who give a flip what an asswipe says. I Like Tomlin...he will be fine. Ben a warrior. And we will survive to contend in the Very Near Future. Congrats on ending the streak ... finding some Defense. Quinn NOT the answer that I can tell though. GL C-town the rest of the way out this year.

Dude ..No real and Knowledgeable FOOTBALL fans are doing this. And He is right . DUMBassss "Fans" for every team. nd who give a flip what an asswipe says. I Like Tomlin...he will be fine. Ben a warrior. And we will survive to contend in the Very Near Future. Congrats on ending the streak ... finding some Defense. Quinn NOT the answer that I can tell though. GL C-town the rest of the way out this year.

No real and Knowledgeable FOOTBALL fans cheer for shittsburgh. id bet my house on the fact that if the steelers have a few bad years in a row 50% of their fan base is gone! i do agree with you that there are asshole dumb shit fans with every team though. Im browns 24/7 no matter what because its not about if they win or lose its about the team that i love. i wear something browns every single day no matter what and man i get so much shit for it but its all good because this is what its all about. for example on the front runnin bitches out there at work on friday 10 people were decked out in browns shit when not 1 of them even spoke of the browns let alone had their gear on early this year hell the one guy was decked out in cowboy shit all the months before the win over shittsburgh. so to all you browns "fans" who love them when they win and talk shit when they lose F**K YOU!

I understand Enjoying the win ...I REALLY DO. My friends at Work are ENJOYING THE HELL Out of it. Almost like a Super Bowl. But when you guys (Like this jackass JokerBOY) routinely insult EVERY Steeler Fan ... it is a Tad Retarded. thats all. Makes you look Petty and Bitter. Common sense would be Cool. Not sure much of it exists here right now though. Again... Congrats you guys Earned it. Actually your Defense and your Special Teams Earned it. With an Asterisk to that dumb ass WildDawg crap (Cribbs is Awesome)

I understand Enjoying the win ...I REALLY DO. My friends at Work are ENJOYING THE HELL Out of it. Almost like a Super Bowl. But when you guys (Like this jackass JokerBOY) routinely insult EVERY Steeler Fan ... it is a Tad Retarded. thats all. Makes you look Petty and Bitter. Common sense would be Cool. Not sure much of it exists here right now though. Again... Congrats you guys Earned it. Actually your Defense and your Special Teams Earned it. With an Asterisk to that dumb ass WildDawg crap (Cribbs is Awesome)

That 'dumb ass WildDawg crap' WORKS. When it stops working, the team won't do it anymore. I hit upon an article the other day that explained the WildDawg as a strategy to help eliminate some of the wear and tear on QBs and not just a gimmick.

I'm just baffled by people who talk as though Josh Cribbs were some bum on the street who was brought in strictly as a publicity stunt. He's a part of this team and his contribution is just as valuable as that of any other player. Plus, there's the added bonus that he just loves what he's doing, and seems like a genuinely nice guy.

That 'dumb ass WildDawg crap' WORKS. When it stops working, the team won't do it anymore. I hit upon an article the other day that explained the WildDawg as a strategy to help eliminate some of the wear and tear on QBs and not just a gimmick.

I'm just baffled by people who talk as though Josh Cribbs were some bum on the street who was brought in strictly as a publicity stunt. He's a part of this team and his contribution is just as valuable as that of any other player. Plus, there's the added bonus that he just loves what he's doing, and seems like a genuinely nice guy.

Its a gimmick and Someone will design a D to stop it. Its 1950 football. Cant be that hard , once a DC Figures out its Here to stay Until it gets stopped. It will be neutralized.

And NO NO man . you got me wrong I REALLY LIKE Cribbs as a Player. Its NO Knck on him. GREAT Player. would take him all day long. Deserves even MORE Credit than he gets.

ben is from ohio. not a sacred place where hall of famers come from. he is doing his best but he is not a PA QB like Marino, Kelly, Montana, Starr, Blanda.

in order for any athlete or coach to succeed they come to PA - the home of football and super bowls

You are the dumbest inbred Stooler fan i've ever seen post! Obviously you know nothing of football or where champion caliber football is taught or played! Your Stoolers wouldnt have one SB ring if it wasn't for Ohio football! As I've explained already in another one of your ignorant threads!

You want to bring up PA over OH and say your a better football state but you wouldn't have 1 superbowl win without Ohio football dip shit! Would you like me to explain so your simple mind can understand? Chuck Noll your HC for many years and the recipient of four of your SB's, played for the Browns under Paul Brown and is from Cleveland Ohio! Jack Lambert arguably your best defensive player of the 70's, a Kent state grad and also from northern Ohio! Big Gay Ben from Findlay Ohio, James Harrison Kent state grad and from northern Ohio. Santonio Holmes not from Ohio but a OSU buckeye who honed his skills at OSU!

Thats not even to bring into account the most respected head coach of all time the man who modernized football Paul Brown! There's also many great college coaches of today such as Jim Tressel Buckeyes and Urban Myer Gators to name a few and we have bright young coaches like Josh Mcdaniels from Massilon Oh along with many others in the NFL. Please dont go telling me the armpit of america is a football state, boxing, hockey yes, but not football STUPID FAWK! Now dont ever Fawking tell me PA is anything close to the football state we are! OHIO is and always has been the MECA of football DOUCHE BAG and the reason along with the Rooneys why your Stoolers have done anything! Your ignorant now go craw back under that rock you and yours hide under until next year when we crush your team again and put your moronic posts in there place!

Its a gimmick and Someone will design a D to stop it. Its 1950 football. Cant be that hard , once a DC Figures out its Here to stay Until it gets stopped. It will be neutralized.

I suppose passing was once considered a gimmick. And there are D's designed to stop it. When does something stop being a "gimmick" and become just another part of the game plan?

I suppose passing was once considered a gimmick. And there are D's designed to stop it. When does something stop being a "gimmick" and become just another part of the game plan?

lol due the WildDawg is an Offense Ran in the 40`s and 50`s... Not exactly Cutting edge. But your right a Viable part of the game plan , at this point. I just think it will be rendered as trickery in the near future.

lol due the WildDawg is an Offense Ran in the 40`s and 50`s... Not exactly Cutting edge. But your right a Viable part of the game plan , at this point. I just think it will be rendered as trickery in the near future.

This author disagrees:

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Is It Time To Remove "Gimmick" From The WildDawg In The NFL?

Now that the one year anniversary of the WildDawg formation (notice I don't call it an 'offense', because it actually falls into a formation category in the long tail of the spread offense family) is behind us, and the Miami Dolphins celebrated the one year birthday with another display of solid execution in the WildDawg, could we all stop calling it a 'gimmick'?

Think back to the creation of the the 'zone blitz' on the defensive side of the ball, when Dick LeBeau, Defensive Coordinator of the Pittsburgh Steelers unleashed it on the NFL in the early 90's... was that called a 'gimmick'.. or 'brilliance'?

Think about it... what's more 'gimmicky', dropping a 300 pound defensive linemen into pass coverage, or putting an athletic running back into a single wing shot gun formation?

In Super Bowl XLIII when James Harrison returned an interception 100 yards for the Steelers on a zone blitz call, I don't remember any of the TV announcers saying: "Boy, that zone blitz gimmick really had the Cardinals offense off balance on that play".

Anyone who knows anything about football knows that schemes are only as good as the execution of the players performing the scheme.

Lets start praising the player execution of the WildDawg formation, and not some made up 'gimmick' pixie dust that TV announcers and certain journalists will have you believe is the only thing making the WildDawg a success in the NFL.

Keep spreading u'm,

Mark

www.SpreadOffense.com

This author disagrees:

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Is It Time To Remove "Gimmick" From The WildDawg In The NFL?

Now that the one year anniversary of the WildDawg formation (notice I don't call it an 'offense', because it actually falls into a formation category in the long tail of the spread offense family) is behind us, and the Miami Dolphins celebrated the one year birthday with another display of solid execution in the WildDawg, could we all stop calling it a 'gimmick'?

Think back to the creation of the the 'zone blitz' on the defensive side of the ball, when Dick LeBeau, Defensive Coordinator of the Pittsburgh Steelers unleashed it on the NFL in the early 90's... was that called a 'gimmick'.. or 'brilliance'?

Think about it... what's more 'gimmicky', dropping a 300 pound defensive linemen into pass coverage, or putting an athletic running back into a single wing shot gun formation?

In Super Bowl XLIII when James Harrison returned an interception 100 yards for the Steelers on a zone blitz call, I don't remember any of the TV announcers saying: "Boy, that zone blitz gimmick really had the Cardinals offense off balance on that play".

Anyone who knows anything about football knows that schemes are only as good as the execution of the players performing the scheme.

Lets start praising the player execution of the WildDawg formation, and not some made up 'gimmick' pixie dust that TV announcers and certain journalists will have you believe is the only thing making the WildDawg a success in the NFL.

Keep spreading u'm,

Mark

www.SpreadOffense.com

good read, thanks for posting this! the only people that dislike or don't respect the wild cat (and consider it a gimmick) are the ones that aren't benefitting from it. what a coincidence?

good read, thanks for posting this! the only people that dislike or don't respect the wild cat (and consider it a gimmick) are the ones that aren't benefitting from it. what a coincidence?

we will see... It damn sure is a Bitch right now. Esp. with a Guy like Cribbs running it.

That is what everyone was saying the whole year when Miami was using it initially. Well, I guess they are still saying it. It says something about the WildDawg when one of the greatest D coordinators of all time, Dick Lebeau, can't figure out how to stop it. Oh, and stop bitching about us bagging on the steelers, this is a browns forum, if you don't like it, don't log on.

Archived