THE BROWNS BOARD

Now Jones is Complaining

listercat

Yepper; it is pretty obvious that the wheels are shaking off the cart and RAC has lost this team; who's next?

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/...o.html#comments

Wow, does that mean the Browns are trying to diminish his signability after the season?

Doesn't matter now, he is most definitely gone.

BTW Sean, you had a decent gave against Washington and have sucked ass the rest. He was supposed to be at a Pro Bowl level this year and the leader of the defense, instead it's all become a wreck.

Funny thing: Just yesterday my buddy and I were talking on how bad Jones has sucked this year. We both figured he would try to blame it on being hurt and it seems just the opposite, the Browns are making excuses for him.

I don't see how he thinks he's playing well though, that's my biggest issue. He should have said his knee is fine and he is just not playing well or something, but don't try to intimate your healthy and playing well when you're not playing well.

Ghoolie and da ich weren't right about shit, they would have said the same thing about this front office if it was Parcells and Walsh. This is just what happens when a team with high expectations crashes, guys start running their mouths and the media run with it.

Funny thing: Just yesterday my buddy and I were talking on how bad Jones has sucked this year. We both figured he would try to blame it on being hurt and it seems just the opposite, the Browns are making excuses for him.

Good points Riff! I NEVER thought I'd have to say Sean Jones isn't cutting it BUT this doesn't look anything like the Sean Jones I've watched the last 2 years. I like our backup Safeties - I think they've shown all of us quality reps when called upon.

All this said, our corners AND our LBers haven't exactly ergonomics of playing Safety here easy. I mean if Marshall didn't have stone hands the other night - that was an absolute train-wreck. I said all Summer that Davon Holly was better than alot of people gave him credit for even though I couldn't help myself in saying I wouldn't mind seeing MORE of McDonald in the mix. Who didn't say that? I think Holly would be FAR better at pushing McDonald for starting reps and I'm certain he'd make a better 3rd corner than Cousins.

Above all, I don't think Jones is anywhere near 100% unless it's possible to turn from good to sucky this fast. He overcame a brutal knee injury and he just reinjured it this year so there's a mental and physical side to it. For the ENTIRE 2007 season all I kept saying was I wish we had ONE LBer as willing to tackle people as Sean Jones. D'Qwell just just grabbed ankles 15-20 yards downfield after someone else applied the shoulder. In addition, our LBers have been so weak that teams that they can't even blitz up the middle. I 've seen 2 different RBs (not FBs) put Jackson on his seat on X-stunt blitzes. I can't imagine playing Safety when we can't cover anyone on the perimeter or tackle anyone inside.

- Tom F.

They're negotiating. They love Sean Jones and his post injury struggles will reduce the market for him... which is good.

We won't create another hole.

I don't know about that. We're 4 years into this thing with Savage and while year 1 and 2 may have been honeymoonish, I am not on board so far with all the BS from PS and RAC inre: to the player comments this season. If we were awesome and taking shit attitude I would give 2 shits because we'll just plug another guy in like the ....um, er....a team I know in the division.

That's not the case here. Opie has no leverage - the players do.

When they bitch and moan it may well be for leverage on a contract, however I am not as inclined to give Opie the benefit of the doubt like I used to.

Especially since "his own" Mo Carthon is RAC.

We have to start winning right now or the last 3-1/2 years are for shit. Period. End of Phil's and RAC's story.

If they miss the fooking playoffs I would throw money at Cowher and cut these two "it takes 5 years" idtiots.

Guest Masters
Especially since "his own" Mo Carthon is RAC.

Keep in mind, rumors were that it was Lerners decision to give RAC the extension, not Phil. I tend to buy it, considering RAC got his new deal before Savage got his.

We have also all heard rumors of stuggles between RAC and Phil.

Guest Ghoolie

Maybe the Browns are trying to lull the opposition into a false sense of security.

Seriously, the media in this country is so scewed up, does anyone with an IQ over 50 pay attention to them?

ALl I know is, the Browns BLOW.

Maybe the Browns are trying to lull the opposition into a false sense of security.

Seriously, the media in this country is so scewed up, does anyone with an IQ over 50 pay attention to them?

ALl I know is, the Browns BLOW.

If this is how rac is trying to shake things up and get the players playing its the wrong way to go like everything else rac does crennel is an idiot and our organization and owners way of running a football team sucks so bad we cant even lure in a talented coach or prospect or even a competent medical staff we are destined to be the worst franchise in the league over time lerners next choice of yet another loser coach will stand as evidence of this ongoing and developing catastrophe...

and yet another reason why we need to draft taylor mays.

I like William Moore from Missouri better. He is a ballhawking, run stuffing demon at 6'1" 230...a little bit in the Troy Palamalu mold!!!

was there a provision in suggs' contract that prevented him from being franchised for a second consecutive year? i know that one of this year's franchise players had that provision in their contract. anyone remember who it was?

suggs might not've been the guy. he and the ravens couldn't agree on what position he plays.

Archived