THE BROWNS BOARD

This team is getting better despite injuries

ATENEARS

Hats off to Mangini and the coaching staff. For the first time in the new era the mounting injuries haven't been an excuse. Very much the opposite of an excuse actually, more like opportunities for others to step-up and contribute and pick-up the pace even.

The lower tier guys appear to be better coached (or at least have bought into the sytem) moreso than the starters that Mangini inherited.

Screw Holmgren ... KEEP MANGINI and find the guys some top scouts to contribute.

Hats off to Mangini and the coaching staff. For the first time in the new era the mounting injuries haven't been an excuse. Very much the opposite of an excuse actually, more like opportunities for others to step-up and contribute and pick-up the pace even.

The lower tier guys appear to be better coached (or at least have bought into the sytem) moreso than the starters that Mangini inherited.

Screw Holmgren ... KEEP MANGINI and find the guys some top scouts to contribute.

I would offer the observation that this is a result of the Parcells-Belichick philosophy that Mangini shares. The way those guys have built teams is to START with roster spots 23-53. Establishing serviceable depth has led to unspectacular but functional replacement play. It's not sexy when the starting 22 needs work but it's the blueprint and this is a benefit. No one is trying to sell the Browns to the consumer as a "contender". They're a rebuilding team that has shown some progress. Yes, they've struggled to beat a poor team in KC but they've won. They beat a team that has a hotly pursued FA signal caller, a blazing fast tailback and a TE/WR corps that posed serious matchup problems. Don't overanalyze. The Browns played as well as could be in the running game and special teams and that won them a close game. It worked. Don't apologize for a win.

But against an equally sucky team his argument that his system is working is failing ,and im sure the walrus was watching todays game with serious intentions...hehehehehe ;)

While i dont think the team is "getting better' with injuries its not getting any worse and that my friends is a true sign of decent coaching or hmmm wait ,to keep a team at a similar level to its healthy state when injuries abode says either the guys program is working and and our team in 3 years will be insanely consistent even in the face of adversity or his starters sucked ass...im inclined to believe the latter and have all along...hehehehehe

But against an equally sucky team his argument that his system is working is failing ,and im sure the walrus was watching todays game with serious intentions...hehehehehe ;)

Wrong. You're 3-11 for a reason. So are they. If you could easily go into a tough stadium environment like Arrowhead and destroy the Chiefs then you'd be a much better team than this. The Browns are improving but let's not get carried away with what they are.

Wrong. You're 3-11 for a reason. So are they. If you could easily go into a tough stadium environment like Arrowhead and destroy the Chiefs then you'd be a much better team than this. The Browns are improving but let's not get carried away with what they are.

Agreed. This team is getting fun to watch, and i love it.

I agree. We are playing hard...something that couldn't be said the last few years about this time of the season.

I wouldn't mind if we get Holmgren, but I hope we don't get rid of Mangini at this point.

I think we have a pretty good coach, and one who I think the players respect.

Cutting him now would be a mistake IMO.

I agree. We are playing hard...something that couldn't be said the last few years about this time of the season.

I wouldn't mind if we get Holmgren, but I hope we don't get rid of Mangini at this point.

I think we have a pretty good coach, and one who I think the players respect.

Cutting him now would be a mistake IMO.

I would take Holmgren or the Chin over M.

I still think Mangini is just getting lucky against terrible teams.

Are you not sick of being mediocre or plain bad?

As sick as anyone.....but coaching isn't the problem.

Add players, and this team is on track.

lets not make an assumption that either are better coaches, and would be better here.

Great post Stan! These last 3-4 weeks have been fun to watch and we're building momentum.

- Tom F.

Great post Stan! These last 3-4 weeks have been fun to watch and we're building momentum.

- Tom F.

Tom, I agree about the excitement in this team the last month or so since the bye. I think that if Holmgren takes the job we have to be mindful that Mangini may be gone simply because Holmgren wants to put his own guy there (independent of what Mangini has done). I think that, given the progress on the field, this would be disturbing. No one is saying that the Browns have lit the world on fire but the players are playing hard for this coach trying to build and finish strong. What happens if that all gets yanked out from under them? That would be a concern. We'd be taking a step back simply to do so.

Archived