THE BROWNS BOARD

You know whats NOT funny?

TheClevelandSound

oh yes I forgot about the cheesy championship days of the browns that don't measure up in today's NFL.

you forgot the AAFC backyard football games..LOL a seven team league...

It was an 8 team league....which was the same size essentially as the NFL.

If they were so cheesy, why couldn't the Steelers win one? I mean, they were in existance for 15 years before the Browns were created. They should have gotten a few if it were so easy. Even our Cleveland Rams got a title when the Pittsburgh area representative couldn't.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/...e_harris_2.html

BEREA, Ohio -- Jerome Harrison had the third-best rushing performance in NFL history Sunday in Kansas City and didn't win the AFC offensive player of the week award.

Harrison knows that the entire NFL knows he deserves that award. He's taking the high road which is commendable.

He may wind up being trade bait to help the team grow stronger too - yes I know no one wants to see him go but he can bring a wealth of picks and players in return. It's a win win for the Browns however... if he stays great, if he gets traded, they'll get a good return on him too.

OK, well, you could dance on the head of a pin with a statistic like that if you want.

You know like in baseball you could probably come up with a stat somewhere where you could say that "the only people in history to accomplish this feat are Babe Ruth, Hank Aaron, and Coco Crisp" or some such foolishness.

Yes,it does take a bit of munipulation to get a list like that, but its just another way to one of the best single game passing performances in the history of the league in perspective. You bring up a good point in your other response. Ben is a great qb becuase of his ability to win a game of any magnitude, Not becuase of stats. Ben can nearly single-handedly win games for the Steelers, but sometimes just not making a big mistake can be good enough to win a few games. Any performance by a qb is acceptable as long as it doesn't set back the team from a win.

Statistically, the Browns loss certianly hurt our chances more than any loss this season. (We have had enough time to overcome being swepted by the Bengals and can still make up for the loss to the Ravens.) We still have a shot at a wildcard spot, and at this point in time I am more than happy with the shot we still somehow have.

Archived