THE BROWNS BOARD

Lamarr Woodley calls out Pats/Bengals

Tim Couch Pulls Out

PITTSBURGH -- Linebacker LaMarr Woodley predicts the New England Patriots and Cincinnati Bengals will "lay down" for their virtually meaningless games Sunday because they don't want the Super Bowl champion Steelers to make the playoffs.

The Steelers (8-7) would reach the postseason for the fifth time in six seasons if they beat Miami, the Patriots defeat Houston, and the Bengals beat the New York Jets. There are other combinations that would get them in, but all include either a New England or Cincinnati victory.

Pittsburgh's problem: The Patriots (10-5) and Bengals (10-5) have little at stake other than which team will be seeded No. 3 in the AFC. With a wild-card playoff game awaiting both teams next week, New England and Cincinnati are expected to rest some starters to avoid possible injuries.

New England coach Bill Belichick hasn't revealed who will play. Woodley, last week's AFC defensive player of the week and a Pro Bowl alternate, thinks he knows already.

"All of them lay down," Woodley said Wednesday. "No one wants to see Pittsburgh in it. That's just how it is. Everybody knows we're a dangerous team once we get into the playoffs, no matter how we played the whole year. Once we get into the playoffs, the Pittsburgh Steelers is a playoff team."

The Steelers were No. 6-seeded in 2005, only to win three consecutive road playoff games and the Super Bowl. One of those road victories was in Cincinnati; now a Bengals loss to the Jets (8-7) could help keep Pittsburgh out.

"Cincinnati is probably going to go into New York and lay down for the Jets and not play them hard just because they're not going to want to see Pittsburgh in it," Woodley said.

Woodley emphasized the Steelers played their regulars during a season-ending 31-0 win over Cleveland last year, despite having nothing to gain other than staying sharp. Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger sustained a concussion but, after a bye week, returned for the playoffs.

"We definitely wouldn't lay down because it's a pride thing with us, going out there winning ballgames and shutting teams down," Woodley said.

Woodley was a lone voice among the Steelers' players, none of whom said they agreed with him. Safety Ryan Clark laughed off the notion Cincinnati doesn't want to play Pittsburgh again. The Steelers have lost five of their last seven.

"To say Cincinnati doesn't want to face us, that would kind of be a little dumb, being that they beat us twice this season," Clark said. "So I'm sure they have a lot of confidence if they do have to play us."

The Steelers beat the Ravens twice in 2008, Clark pointed out, then won again a third time in the AFC championship game.

"I think when you say that [teams will lay down], it calls into question the character of the players on their team. And I think all those guys are character football players and competitors," Clark said. "Now if it were last year's [steelers team], yeah, they probably wouldn't want to play us. But this year's team, I don't think strikes fear in anyone."

Several players said the Steelers need to focus on beating the Dolphins (7-8) rather than worrying what the Patriots and Bengals do.

"They're a team you can't look past at all," right tackle Willie Colon said. "They're going to have pride and they're going to be ready for us to get after them."

Nose tackle Casey Hampton and running back Willie Parker will understand it if New England and Cincinnati rest their starters in what Parker called "a game you don't need."

"Coaches have to do what's best for their team," said Hampton, who laughed when told of Woodley's remarks. "Being healthy going into the playoffs, I think, is their main focus. If the game doesn't mean anything, why risk getting hurt?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What a loser piece of trash. Even his own teammates dismiss his comments. I know this doesn't pertain to us, but I love it when a Squeeler gets shut down. It makes my day.

"What a loser piece of trash."

Really?

But really though, I bet both the Pats and Bengals would rather play a team with a rookie qb or a team making their first ever playoff appearence as oppsoed to a team with a 2 time champ at qb and 2 SB MVP winning recievers.

Yes, really. I've always hated LaMarr Woodley. Those stupid T-shirts used to piss me off, and his face pisses me off to this day.

I don't think the Bengals are necessarily scared to face the Steelers in the playoffs, but I can guarantee they'd rather face the Texans or Jets. The Steelers used to find a way to win in the playoffs, and I say "used to" only because, 1.)the Tomlin Steelers aren't the same as the Cowher Steelers and 2.) I'm hoping those days are done.

"All of them lay down," Woodley said Wednesday. "No one wants to see Pittsburgh in it. That's just how it is. Everybody knows we're a dangerous team once we get into the playoffs, no matter how we played the whole year. Once we get into the playoffs, the Pittsburgh Steelers is a playoff team."

TRANSLATION: The Cleveland Browns kicked our ass and now it is a very steep hill to climb to reach the playoffs and we need all the help we can get .... (dialing) 1-800-REF-HELP

"What a loser piece of trash."

Really?

But really though, I bet both the Pats and Bengals would rather play a team with a rookie qb or a team making their first ever playoff appearence as oppsoed to a team with a 2 time champ at qb and 2 SB MVP winning recievers.

Either way you look at it he's a f*cking bitch with a hurt pussy.

PITTSBURGH -- Linebacker LaMarr Woodley predicts the New England Patriots and Cincinnati Bengals will "lay down" for their virtually meaningless games Sunday because they don't want the Super Bowl champion Steelers to make the playoffs.

"To say Cincinnati doesn't want to face us, that would kind of be a little dumb, being that they beat us twice this season," Clark said. "So I'm sure they have a lot of confidence if they do have to play us."

LOL He even said Cincy beat them twice this year. That would be like a midget getting his arse kicked by Mike Tyson twice then saying Mikes to scared to fight him a third time.

If we would of went out and WON a few games and EARNED a playoff spot it would be different. He didn't though, that whole team played like crap and he just wants to blame his failure on other teams rather then take the heat himself like a real man.

Like I said, a whiny little bitch with misplaced anger issues. "We got our ass kicked by some crap teams, let's whine like a bitch about teams that could beat us anyways."

Woodley is having a good season and his play should be respected....but....he is being brainwashed by the pervasive mentality of those who love the Black and Yellow that somehow everyone fears them. They are an average team this year.

This is a fact: The ONLY time the Steelers win anything is when the Patriots are not standing in their way.

Oh really? I guess I must have imagined that absolute ass-pasting they handed the Patsies last year.

Oh wait I didn't. It actually happened.

But I see your point -- kind of hard to be standing in the way when you're lying face down on the turf.

So, I'm confused. Are you JoeSixPat, just posting from another name?

Or are you just some other random douchebag that nobody really pays attention to?

Yes, really. I've always hated LaMarr Woodley. Those stupid T-shirts used to piss me off, and his face pisses me off to this day.

I don't think the Bengals are necessarily scared to face the Steelers in the playoffs, but I can guarantee they'd rather face the Texans or Jets. The Steelers used to find a way to win in the playoffs, and I say "used to" only because, 1.)the Tomlin Steelers aren't the same as the Cowher Steelers and 2.) I'm hoping those days are done.

Woodley doesn't have anything to do with the shirts. A Michigan fan had 50 of them made and handed them out to friends and family. Well, I guess its better you don't like his face than like it! :wacko:

Yeah, the beat us twice so "scared"probably isn't the best way to describe their feelings toward us. The Bengals have beat the Steelers with a 100% healthy Ben 3 times, two of them this year. Both were close games so as a steeler fan I like our chances in a 3rd match up. A lot of Steeler fans would even disagree with this, but overall Tomlin is as good as Cowher. In Tomlin's first 3 years he has brought in just as much or even more talent than Cowher did in any consecutive 3 years. (Although, this is still a bit pending becuase more time is needed before fully judging players) I think what Lebuea and Colbert bring to the table far exceeds what Cowher has done or what Tomlin can do. Bruce Arians has changed our offensive philsophy, not Tomlin. I can't blame Tomlin for not firing Arians after his first year or after his Super Bowl year, but it more clear than ever Arians is a moron. If Tomlin has the guts to fire Arians it will be done this offseason reguardless of how the rest of the season plays out. If not, your wish comes true, "those days are done".

This reason why I responded to your thread in the first place becuase I thought you insults of Woodley were unnecessary and just screwed up an otherwise good thread. Although, now I see you havn't liked him for quite some time.

Where's that bitch FreakofSteel?????

He should be cued right about now to say Woodley is a bitter bitch...

Bitter...Bitter

Just like every post he uses...

Dickbag.. is he still breathing?

You mean Freak FOR Steel. Dude went away whining about not being treated right on another teams board.

This reason why I responded to your thread in the first place becuase I thought you insults of Woodley were unnecessary and just screwed up an otherwise good thread. Although, now I see you havn't liked him for quite some time.

Never really hated the dude until now. I can't believe you don't think this is a bigger bitch move then that fag Whines Hard bitching about Big Gay Ben not playing. Totally classless.

Woodley is hallucinating or he is just to full of shit with himself. If any team pulls players on Sunday its to protect their chances of having everyone healthy for the playoffs.

F@ck Him and his pissedd Stained world.

Note to self, dont drink the water while in Pittschoke, way to many drugs flowing from the stoolers bathrooms.

Even in defeat they cant even man up and take the blame for their losing season. It's pretty sad actually, one day they're sitting there crying on the Browns sideline and the next they're trying to convice themselves it's not the crappy season they played but other teams losing on purpose that cost them the playoff spot. I think it's pretty safe to say when things aren't going there way they fall apart. I cant wait till next season.

what is funny here is that a couple yrs back , when Indy sat Manning and cost the Browns a seat in the Big Dance , i seen most of you guys bitching moaning and crying about them " Cheating the Browns out of a Playoff spot. My Personal Opinion is The Steelers shoulda shut the Hell up...WIN MORE GAMES !!!! Dont lose to Scrub Units In KC and Cleveland and at Home to The Raiders. We don't EVEN Deserve the Playoffs. I agree that Most teams would rather not play Pittsburgh in the playoffs , but Fat Chance We see the Steelers in anyway . And that is quite Justified.

Archived