THE BROWNS BOARD

Loud mouth Braylon

SJ_Browns

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/edward...3kRHnBph6K5qi9N

Pulling a page out of Joe Namath’s Super Bowl III guarantee playbook, Broadway Braylon Edwards guaranteed yesterday his Jets will beat the Bengals on Sunday and earn a spot to the playoffs.

“We won’t lose this game,” Edwards boldly declared, standing in front of his locker.

“We want it too bad. I don’t think we can lose this game knowing the way our mindset is. Guys aren’t talking about New Year’s Eve. Guys aren’t talking about family. All guys are talking about is the playoffs. All guys are talking about is beating Cincinnati.

“Were all dialed in. We’re all focused on this week. We know all we have to do is win and we’re in. Guys are very, very serious and are approaching this as a Super Bowl.”

considering Cin is pullling its starters after 1st quarter, an easy pick for the great one....

ignorant reporter is way out of line comparing Broadway Joe with this guy...

even a broken clock is right twice a day

Like yosamite says Cincy has announced they aren't playing their starters for more than 1 quarter. When you really think about it I've got an equation better than the pythagorean therom of A2 + B2 = ABBA.

This is Flugel's Sodderhead Therom:

Cleveland beats Pittsbugh + Indy lays down for NY + Cincy lays down for NY = No playoffs for Pittsburgh!!!

Is there a better freakin way to celebrate the new year than that folks? And don't think for 1 second, that cheap shot on Palmer's knee a few years ago isn't karma coming where karma belongs.

- Tom F. (Do you know what Santa calls Ben's last 3 girlfriends? Ho Ho Ho!)

Braylon has a god given right to speak his mind. He left a terrible franshise for one that is one the verge of making the playoffs. Lay off the guy. we be jealous of his success with another team?

What did he do to make this team better? Nothing. He had one good season. Other than that he couldn't stay healthy and he couldn't catch.

Braylon has a god given right to speak his mind. He left a terrible franshise for one that is one the verge of making the playoffs. Lay off the guy. we be jealous of his success with another team?

He "left" the franchise? Really? Because last time I checked, he got SHIPPED out of here - he didn't voluntarily leave.

Braylon has 33 catches for 528 yards and 4 td's since being traded......

MoMass has 31 catches for 579 yards and 3 td's since becoming the starter when BigMouth was traded.....

Success with another team???

LOL - hardly....

he scored 4 TD's with the jets and has 526 receiving yds.

okay, now compare that to what he did this year on the Browns.

zero TD's and 139 yds total

yes success and he has contributed to their playoff chances.

Wow, one td every three games??? Whooooo... that is tearing it up, eh???

Christ, you are dumber than even I gave you credit for... asshat.

Guest Metcalf_FTW

Braylon would have left by next season anyway. He hates Cleveland, hates Ohio since his Michigan days and never wants to come back unless it's to take a dump in our face. Remember, Mangini did not trade Braylon -- Lebron James said get this joker out of my Cleveland.

he scored 4 TD's with the jets and has 526 receiving yds.

And what part of that Indy game gave you the impression Braylon was the X-factr they needed to WIN the game? Seems to me they needed a return from Brad Smith and a turnover for a TD from one of the many Indy backups that played the 3rd and 4th quarter.

Truth be told, the Jets were headed for a 7-9 season without the divine intervention of 2 consecutive AFC teams that would PREFER to see the Jets in the playoffs over much better teams. Who's kiddin who here? That being the case, HOW MUCH of an upgrade was Braylon, their NEW offense in 2009, and Head Coach? Seems to me they need 2 teams to let them win after their 3-1 or 4-1 start to make it to the 9-7 record NY already deemed as worthy of firing a head Coach over.

We can revisit Braylon's ability to focus when the situation presents itself again. A few weeks ago he dropped a couple really easy passes with one bouncing off his facemask and another he alligator armed over the middle. Those little 5-9 corners scare the testosterone right out Braylon's Edwards. History never hides from itself - it only repeats. I hope he does well; but I'd like to think I've seen enough of him to know NY doesn't change one that gets distracted easily into one that focuses much better.

- Tom F.

I could not possibly care less about Braylon Edwards. He was not a good fit for the current Browns team and now he's gone. Whatever he does for the Jets has no bearing at all on the Browns. He's one of a long line of Browns players who showed potential that never really materialized into consistent performance.

and what NFL team other than the Browns would listen to a basketball player who has never won a championship telling them to get rid of a WR?

If the Jets owe us draft picks, I hope they lose so it makes our pick better. Otherwise, screw Pittsburgh, let the Jets win.

Zombo

Like yosamite says Cincy has announced they aren't playing their starters for more than 1 quarter. When you really think about it I've got an equation better than the pythagorean therom of A2 + B2 = ABBA.

This is Flugel's Sodderhead Therom:

Cleveland beats Pittsbugh + Indy lays down for NY + Cincy lays down for NY = No playoffs for Pittsburgh!!!

Is there a better freakin way to celebrate the new year than that folks? And don't think for 1 second, that cheap shot on Palmer's knee a few years ago isn't karma coming where karma belongs.

- Tom F. (Do you know what Santa calls Ben's last 3 girlfriends? Ho Ho Ho!)

I loved "ABBA". :P

When you say stuff like "we be jealous of his success with another team" it just shows us how stupid you really are. Now rather then spending time lurking on your your favorite teams board you should order some hooked on phonics.

Archived