THE BROWNS BOARD

Trade For!

Clbrowns

Scout.com reporter Adam Caplan hasn't liked what he's seen of Vick in practice:

What's your opinion of Vick from what you saw at practice?

Not very accurate, throws a nice ball when it's on time.

Also, he has trouble seeing over OL. He's barely 6'0".

So is Brees

Brees is able to create functional space to throw, Vick can't.

(culled from here, here, and here)

Who the hell would want to root for a guy like Michael Vick?

There's more to having a rooting interest in my team than just trying to win games, and Vick wouldn't help with that anyway.

Please, next conversation already---there's not a snowball's chance in hell that moron ever comes to Cleveland.

Who will the Cleveland Browns trade for?Donavon Mcnabb or Mike Vick?

Kevin Kolb - primarily because Andy Reid is most comfortable with the game experience (including playoffs/NFC Championship appearances) and athleticism of McNabb and Vick.

- Tom F.

Kevin Kolb - primarily because Andy Reid is most comfortable with the game experience (including playoffs/NFC Championship appearances) and athleticism of McNabb and Vick.

- Tom F.

McNabb's on last year of contract Flugs. Methinks they're ready top move on.

McNabb's on last year of contract Flugs. Methinks they're ready top move on.

If they're ready to move on it's because McNabb's performance is declining. Understanding that, do we want to be that team overcommitting to the idea of yesterday on him? It sounds like a John Lennon music video.

I'm really heating up on the Kevin Kolb idea Riff.

- Tom F.

If they're ready to move on it's because McNabb's performance is declining. Understanding that, do we want to be that team overcommitting to the idea of yesterday on him? It sounds like a John Lennon music video.

- Tom F.

We'll have to overpay for him Flugs, no way will they let him go without breaking the bank and we don't know if he's Schaub or Scott Mitchell----or DA.

- Tom F.

Come on Tom, you're smarter than that. McNabb is Class of '99, we're building for the future. Vick is Bad Newz Kennels- we're going to pass. Kolb? If Reid thinks he's the future of the Eagles, he's not going to come cheap- IMHO our high second won't be enough to get it done, and the 2nd + Shaun Rodgers is too much.

I think Kolb is a great option...I just don't see a chance in hell of Philly giving him up.

That is my whole point. I would like Kolb as well.

If we are willing to give up our first rounder this year, and maybe more, we might be able to get him.

Come on Tom, you're smarter than that. McNabb is Class of '99, we're building for the future. Vick is Bad Newz Kennels- we're going to pass. Kolb? If Reid thinks he's the future of the Eagles, he's not going to come cheap- IMHO our high second won't be enough to get it done, and the 2nd + Shaun Rodgers is too much.

LOL! Well let me invite you to the short bus for a second Larry so you can decide if I need a bigger bus or not. Shaun Rogers is an All Pro at a position a perennial NFC playoff team is in desperate need of. It's clear to me they're only 1 difference maker up front away from getting where they want to be. They couldn't stop squat vrs Dallas because everybody upfront STAYED blocked. We would be trading an All Pro at a HUGE need for a guy that was 3rd on Philly's depth chart at QB by the end of the year. From where I sat - I saw a shift in allegiance to who is NEXT in line to start at QB in Philly and it wasn't Kevin Kolb once it was known Vick understood more of the playbook. Andy Reid sees their QBs every single day in practice to understand who's growing on him the most. He sees every error and he sees every rope in 2 hour ractice sessions. Philly didn't just add Vick to train him for another NFC team or to waste their time & money. He was an investment they realized NOBODY else felt like investing in. The MORE he learned their offense the more he got into the game. His last appearance was to THROW the ball for a 67 yard TD pass as opposed to running it. It was an accurate rope that threaded the needle. Is it possible that Andy Reid could TEACH Michael Vick what a dweeb like Jim Mora was incapable of? I'm gonna say yes with confidence. It's EVERY bit as possible as Green Bay keeping Favre more interested in football than happy hour when his Head Coach changed from Jerry's Glanville to Mike's Holmgren. That's called the right environment and right coach.

Just a hunch here but Vick missing football meant Vick missing the wear and tear other guys his age endured giving him more mileage ahead. What has Kevin Kolb done to warrant a 7th overall first round draft pick on top of the 1 All Pro that couldn't be their only missing link to Superbowl Sunday. I say start by offering them Shaun Rogers for Kolb. If they play a leverage game then we tell them "hold on, Troy Smith's agent is on the other line." That's called we got what you need but we don't have to LOSE him and a draft pick for an unproven guy. We gotta be careful and STOP resorting to the Phil Savage we gotta lose half our draft for 1 guy crap. Isn't that why we cleaned out the front office in the first place? Phil left us with only 5 draft picks in 08 (ZERO on day 1) and only 4 heading into 09. At this time Kevin Kolb is a good idea from the standpoint that we should have to give up too much for him. It becomes a bad idea when we give up too much for him.

- Tom F.

I wouldn't mind giving up Rogers and swapping 1st round picks with Philly if we could get Kolb with that deal. I'd like either Haden or Robinson with our first pick but depending on how they both do at the combine could shoot them up some team's draft boards. As far as giving up Rogers, I think Rubin played well in the starting role when Rogers was out and I think he would have no problems becoming a full time starter.

No thanks on any trade for Kolb. This boils down to Heckert vs Andy Reid, mano a mano, and until I know more I'll take Andy Reid every time. If Reid offers Kolb to us for a reasonable price we shouldn't want him, and if Reid likes Kolb we won't be able to get him anyway.

Archived